Author Topic: [++] Disabling MG in CEs  (Read 5151 times)

Offline Farhan

• Official CE & AR Map Editor
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Farhan
  • Squad: Prodigy
[++] Disabling MG in CEs
« on: 11 08, 2021, 07:40:20 pm »
Hello there,

I am here to suggest disabling MG (Minigun) in Criminal Events (CE).

Reason: As you all might be aware that CEs are now becoming boring day by day and a lot of players now ignore/avoid CEs due to the fact that it is mostly used to camp at a corridor for 10-15 mins which make the CEs really boring and people then get bored of this hide and seek game and just decide to not join any CE.
MG ruined CEs by making it a spamming game where you need 5-6 players to have MG and most of the CEs have short and tight hallways which make it impossible for the other team to even rush with 10 players against 5 MG holders.
Also, MGs ruining the gameplay by being an OP weapons in CEs where you can't sprint and both team just decide to spam with MGs from both sides and no other weapon is used against it in long or even medium range which kills the skills and tactic of the CEs. Disabling MG will help players use other weapons and close fight will start talking place with tactics and such.
Also, it will minimize the camping issue and will make CEs interesting instead of just camping with MG all of the times.
Sniper will take it place for long fights which will be a positive point.
I know this alone can not solve the issues in CEs but it can be a step towards improvement.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2021, 03:00:57 pm by HosttyBoy »

Offline Babushka

• Regular Community Member
  • Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
Re: Disabling MG in CEs
« Reply #1 on: 11 08, 2021, 07:53:42 pm »
One thing I would like to add. MG has a lot of desync, atleast for me. MGs continue to damage u even if u take cover, for some fractions of seconds, which sometimes result in abrupt Death.
I genuinely enjoy CEs when we are fighting with AKs and Shotguns.
But maybe disabling MG completely could be unfair to those guys who enjoy CEs only because of Minigun. Maybe we can make it a preference and players can vote whether to disable MG in CE or not.
Let's see what others have to say.

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #2 on: 11 08, 2021, 07:58:48 pm »
I think MG isnt a skilling weapon however cops/criminals keep spamming it in CE's which waste most of CE time just Spamming, so I think it would be better if we disabled MG's in CE which will give a chance to players to show thier skills with other guns. I am positive

Offline R0T?

• Junior Community Member
  • خلي بالك عشان أنا لو جيت هديك
    YearsYears
  • Group: Nightshade
  • Ingame: R0T?
  • Squad: xvtt_Agency
« Reply #3 on: 11 08, 2021, 08:18:55 pm »
Many players directly depend on this weapon in criminal events, and disabling it will negatively affect the police and increase the criminals’ rush more than before, and the number of players will reduce their purchase of it, especially after the latest modification in direct confrontations for players and reflects the vision and the number of players will gradually decrease from these events But the situation can be improved gradually

Offline WooDy

• Guard_Ghosts Founder
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: [GG]WooDy
  • Squad: MewniKingdom
« Reply #4 on: 11 08, 2021, 08:25:37 pm »
MG is very important weapon in any event and I prefer to play with it. There is a preference to disable MG based on players vote. I'm voting negative

Offline Farhan

• L3 Staff
« Reply #5 on: 11 08, 2021, 08:48:27 pm »
MG is very important weapon in any event and I prefer to play with it. There is a preference to disable MG based on players vote. I'm voting negative
You personally using it doesn’t mean it’s good and has no side effects on the overall event.. People are being selfish to look at the advantages they can have instead of having an overall view at the situation how it has been ruining the fun which is the main thing to be considered in a game.
Also I suggested it for CEs only since it’s pretty much fine at ARs or any other place than CE.. Why disable it completely just for CE?

Offline Hamza.

• New Community Member
  • Available for help.
  • Ingame: Hamza
« Reply #6 on: 11 08, 2021, 09:24:50 pm »
I am not talking about me in this post but talking in general about the community, I bealive Cop are able to hold rushes as there are always 2-3 MGs that hold them, it is not only in cops, criminal side also uses the MG to prevent getting rushed so its not just one side that uses this gun and gains the benefit you are talking about removing a gun that is heavily used by both sides and expecting them to use other guns, and if you think doing this will still stop anyone from spamming you are in the wrong mate. They will find new ways of spamming through M6 or other guns that they feel are good so what is the point in removing MG? yes it will have an impact as other guns are slow but your fight is against spamming as you suggested, so to remove MG for the purpose of no spamming is not being achieved what is purpose of removing it than?. and therefore completely removing MGs from CEs would be unfair to say the least so what I think is best is to think of a alternative way to fight against spamming instead of just simply removing a gun that you think will stop the whole META that is used against rushing. I will have to go with Negetive.
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Offline Slow

• Senior Community Member
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: Slow
« Reply #7 on: 11 08, 2021, 09:51:54 pm »
Show content
- Fixed not being able to craft barriers (cops can use barrier 19 as mobile shield) in criminal event dimension. (Arran + Slow)

I suggested this months ago and the solution was enabling the use of barriers inside CEs, but that was not and is still not enough to avoid the massive MG spam that takes place in every Criminal Event. As a result, we still got long-lasting and boring CEs with barely any action, despite so many great map modifications that Farhan has done to every event interior.

Voting positively.

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
  • Regular Community Member
« Reply #8 on: 11 08, 2021, 11:35:50 pm »
We can't know if removing MGs will improve CEs unless we actually try it, so how about we have a 1 week trial of CEs without MGs and if people like the playstyle we can keep it? Voting positive either way, CEs need a switch up.

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #9 on: 11 08, 2021, 11:49:05 pm »
MG is one of the main needs of the criminal team. Its one of the most commonly using weapon in criminal event.This is an advantage for cops.  My vote is negative.

How do cops gain advantage by disabling MGs for everyone inside CE?

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline TheGam3r23

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: TheGam3r23
« Reply #10 on: 12 08, 2021, 12:42:18 am »
If you disable the minigun inside CE's you will just see players spamming rifle down those exact same corridors and the result will be the same as now. Instead of trying to disable a weapon why don't you try to change CE's into places that are actually meant for San Andreas' combat system instead of long and tight corridors that teams can just hold for 25 minutes?
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2021, 12:45:29 am by TheGam3r23 »
ok lemme explain about kicking thehacker

Offline Farhan

• L3 Staff
« Reply #11 on: 12 08, 2021, 01:06:05 am »
If you disable the minigun inside CE's you will just see players spamming rifle down those exact same corridors and the result will be the same as now. Instead of trying to disable a weapon why don't you try to change CE's into places that are actually meant for San Andreas' combat system instead of long and tight corridors that teams can just hold for 25 minutes?
Well, it’s quite dumb how you comparing rifle and MG with completely different fire rate and magazine.. and about CEs so if you bother to visit therr I have changed most of the CEs to remove such spots or add alternate entrance to avoid camping but I can’t edit custom maps (if you have any knowledge of Mapping).

MG is one of the main needs of the criminal team. Its one of the most commonly using weapon in criminal event.This is an advantage for cops.  My vote is negative.
:fp: :fp:
How can any team get advantage of it if it’s removed for all? There are way more weapons to use in CEs instead of spamming MG blindly all time long… You don’t even know what are you talking about…
I am not talking about me in this post but talking in general about the community, I bealive Cop are able to hold rushes as there are always 2-3 MGs that hold them, it is not only in cops, criminal side also uses the MG to prevent getting rushed so its not just one side that uses this gun and gains the benefit you are talking about removing a gun that is heavily used by both sides and expecting them to use other guns, and if you think doing this will still stop anyone from spamming you are in the wrong mate. They will find new ways of spamming through M6 or other guns that they feel are good so what is the point in removing MG? yes it will have an impact as other guns are slow but your fight is against spamming as you suggested, so to remove MG for the purpose of no spamming is not being achieved what is purpose of removing it than?. and therefore completely removing MGs from CEs would be unfair to say the least so what I think is best is to think of a alternative way to fight against spamming instead of just simply removing a gun that you think will stop the whole META that is used against rushing. I will have to go with Negetive.
If you bothered to read my post completely you will not just focus on the word spamming… I have mentioned other points too about how it ruined CEs. And for your kind info spamming with M4/rifle or any other weapon is completely different than spamming with MG due to its firerate, unlimited magazine and the freezing annoying animation it cause which literally freeze you for 2-3 secs which is enough for you to get killed not to mention you can’t sprint in CEs, so if you still can’t get my point then you better not comment without any proper knowledge of the situation..

To everyone, I know you will not like the fact to remove a weapon which is an easy thing for both teams to get advantages but on a wider view this is causing a lot of problems.. I mapped most of the CEs to fix this issue and make CEs a place of entertainment and fun not to make people bored by having no proper fights with tactics and use of normal weapons which will lead in a close or normal range fight instead of holding a corner with long range and spamming it blindly to get any kill by chance instead of using skills  or tactics.. Day by day people avoiding CEs due to this issue and this is just a step towards improvement… by the time I will try to improve the maps even more and will make other changes too which can make it a fun place.

It would be really nice to see the replies of people who actually play CEs daily, they can tell you how MGs ruining the fun instead of commenting while not attending any CEs.
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2021, 01:20:56 am by Farhan-Khan »

Offline HosttyBoy

• Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #12 on: 12 08, 2021, 01:16:27 am »
This topic could be locked because its related to nerfing a feature which is included in the the preference but I am not going to do that as CE has turned into bunch of MG spam and not an actual proper combat. If you have played CE, you know how boring CEs got as a result of some people just spamming MG. 90% of the CE is just spamming MG. It doesn't provide the experience of an actual combat. CE has turned into the "War of MGs" instead of a proper usual combat. I agree with this suggestion  :tick:

If we disable MGs in CE, there can be more freedom into designing a CE. We'll see more unique CEs. This is a rarely seen aspect of this suggestion that not everybody sees it.

Some of these replies actually make my day :fp:  ;D  :D
« Last Edit: 12 08, 2021, 01:21:26 am by HosttyBoy »
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #13 on: 12 08, 2021, 01:58:37 am »
 Well, "Minigun" is one of the most common weapon is Criminal Events and removing "Minigun" in Criminal Events will be more good for every player, for a player who always "Minigun" and no skill to use other weapon they will be mad for this suggestion but everytime to enter in a crack Criminal Events you may only see a player who only use "Minigun" which is some weapon became useless everytime the Criminal Events is crack especially in Night time, so removing "Minigun" in Criminal Event will more thrill for a player who using all around weapon, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #14 on: 12 08, 2021, 02:21:19 am »
Minigun is one of the weapons that made CEs look stale and boring, you just hold an angle with miniguns and the opposite team won't be able to pass the minigun crossfire even if they are more. I would say CEs have been "static" over the years because criminal bosses and police chiefs didn't have the room for making tactics and coming up with ideas to escape a position or so. As miniguns were just spammed to hold angles and the team who kills first becomes the winning team. Snipers should take place instead of just spamming MGs. Some weapon modes in F9 can be utilized for some of the long ranges and angles. I would say this would be a great step to change how the CEs worked over time. Positive
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio