Author Topic: Remove 'LV Deaths' and 'Died most times' from Today's Tops  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Just a useless feature that adds nothing other than giving players yet another reason for something to be toxic about. It sometimes even causes players to change their name or in worse cases make them stop playing so they can avoid having most deaths due to the aforementioned toxicity. Not much else to say.

Offline zurq

• Senior Community Member
  • xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
Re: Remove 'LV Deaths' and 'Died most times' from Today's Tops
« Reply #1 on: 03 09, 2021, 04:15:32 pm »
And, how will I know my LV deaths daily?
Left this game already.

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
« Reply #2 on: 03 09, 2021, 05:17:11 pm »
And, how will I know my LV deaths daily?

Could be bottom of your screen like your kills, although I fail to see how its important to know how many deaths you have. If people wanted to gauge their daily performance a much more relevant statistic would be KD ratio, yet I don't see anyone requesting it.

Offline zurq

• xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
« Reply #3 on: 03 09, 2021, 05:40:39 pm »
Could be bottom of your screen like your kills, although I fail to see how its important to know how many deaths you have. If people wanted to gauge their daily performance a much more relevant statistic would be KD ratio, yet I don't see anyone requesting it.

Then, I am voting positively. It's really annoying, like a group keep on trashtalking about ur deaths. How you've +100 deaths and that useless adverts 'apply for top deaths'. Such randoms, this atleast will avoid these toxic players.
Left this game already.

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
« Reply #4 on: 03 09, 2021, 07:30:16 pm »
My idea is: Removing LV Combat(LV Deaths, LV Kills, LV Kill Death Ratio), "Removing Died Most Times" from Today's Tops and adding a command to see daily deaths. But for your idea I have to speak, I will vote definitely negative. Removing "Died most times" okay remove it, removing "LV Deaths" but not removing all LV Combat is nonsense. Why CIT will remove LV Deaths but CIT will not remove all LV Combat? Okay remove "Died Most Times" because it is useless, dying isn't a success Lmao. But no need to remove LV Deaths, CIT has to remove LV Combat Stats because why there is combat stats for a city? There mustn't be combat stats of a city in /stats, probably you don't wanna show your deaths to people and you wanna remove it but finding your death is not hard already:

Kills: 20
Deaths: X
K/D: 4

20/X = 4

20/4 = X = 5  :kek5:

20/5 = 4   :kek3:

I am not supporting your idea.

If anyone understands what this guy is on about feel free to explain because I'm actually clueless.

Online Raef

• The Raffaello
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
« Reply #5 on: 03 09, 2021, 07:47:10 pm »
If anyone understands what this guy is on about feel free to explain because I'm actually clueless.
He apparently means that deaths would still be trackable because you can find that by having an idea about the KDR, as well as the kills, and doing a simple calculation (like he did).

About your suggestion, I totally agree. Nothing much to mention except that it'll reduce toxicity, and it won't make that player who broke that 'record' feel embarrassed or something because, in the end, it's just a game, where players are supposed to have fun, not somehow getting 'bullied' over a 'record' that it can even lead him to change his name/leave the server till the next day.

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #6 on: 03 09, 2021, 07:52:17 pm »
I'm positive. Nothing useful in showing deaths publicly, but it surely gives toxic players a reason to talk more trash.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline TheGam3r23

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: TheGam3r23
« Reply #7 on: 03 09, 2021, 10:44:37 pm »
I'm positive. Nothing useful in showing deaths publicly, but it surely gives toxic players a reason to talk more trash.

But doing /stats and viewing someone's kills deaths and kd is also public most of the time so what will change? Okay players will stop talking shit about the top deaths person at the time but someone can still check your stats and talk shit. Wouldn't it be better if they removed deaths and KD completely? (afaik that's how it was a few years ago correct me if I'm wrong)
ok lemme explain about kicking thehacker

Offline iMeMPlayZ

• Put Devil to the side i got Angel on my shoulder
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1nt
  • Ingame: iMeMPlayZ.1nt
  • Squad: C҉U҉P҉C҉A҉K҉E҉S
« Reply #8 on: 03 09, 2021, 10:55:37 pm »
yea removing deaths and keeping K/D is kinda useless, if thier being toxic about top death, they'll also use K/D to unleash their toxicity
what about remove deaths and K/D im totally with this  :tick:

Offline GoldNugget

• Force is meaningless without skill
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: GoldNugget
« Reply #9 on: 03 09, 2021, 11:31:08 pm »
Realizing how KDR is toxic and useless too is an achievement already, I didn't want to bring it up, but surely nothing to discuss here. Both death and KDR stats are bringing negativity to the server.

there are people who think and there are people who follow

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #10 on: 04 09, 2021, 10:57:54 am »
Voting negative, we shouldn't remove these statistics just because some people cry about their lack of skills, it's a good statistic to see how well (or not so well, for that matter) people are doing in combat. And as a side-note, if you get offended by someone saying you have a low KD, grow up. If it's a useless statistic to you, then there wouldn't be a need to even get offended by it. If we are gonna talk about useless statistics, we'd be removing stuff like the "bullets fired" statistic.

This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Jason

• xCode Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: 04 09, 2021, 11:55:50 am »
Voting negative, we shouldn't remove these statistics just because some people cry about their lack of skills, it's a good statistic to see how well (or not so well, for that matter) people are doing in combat. And as a side-note, if you get offended by someone saying you have a low KD, grow up. If it's a useless statistic to you, then there wouldn't be a need to even get offended by it. If we are gonna talk about useless statistics, we'd be removing stuff like the "bullets fired" statistic.

I know most people just read the title and post, but you seem to not even have bothered to read that. I'm talking about removing deaths from Today's tops, as in that poor soul that ends up on there at the end of each day and gets targeted for it with superadverts and toxicity in team chat, not from /stats. Also, 2nd guy that assumes I'm doing this for personal reasons meanwhile I rarely play this game for long enough to even come close to top deaths and KD is well into the positives, both LV and overall.

Offline Maximo

• The It boy.
  • Group: Team1O
« Reply #12 on: 04 09, 2021, 12:12:42 pm »
I don't see any reasonable excuse to remove LV deaths from daily top as far as its not harming anyone. Furthermore, it is good for knowing the top deaths in LV as LV has its own kill and death ratio in the stats, the same thing here. Thus, Negative  :cros:

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #13 on: 04 09, 2021, 12:32:13 pm »
Nothing big will happen even if this gets removed. Not even a bit of toxicity will be reduced if you are talking about LV.  Some days after this one is removed we will realize how pointless the removal of this was. Do you think you can end all the toxic stuff by removing this?
The reason/excuse isn't strong enough for me to support this suggestion  :cros:
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #14 on: 04 09, 2021, 02:20:02 pm »
I know most people just read the title and post, but you seem to not even have bothered to read that. I'm talking about removing deaths from Today's tops

I already know what you wrote and hence I answered with what I said above  :what:

as in that poor soul that ends up on there at the end of each day and gets targeted for it with superadverts and toxicity in team chat, not from /stats. Also, 2nd guy that assumes I'm doing this for personal reasons meanwhile I rarely play this game for long enough to even come close to top deaths and KD is well into the positives, both LV and overall.

"poor soul"  :dogkek:

If you get offended by seeing a statistic that proves that you're dying a lot, then git gud and learn to get kills. Not to mention that people can still talk smack about people dying a lot, without seeing a specific number so you aren't helping anything by removing the statistic.

This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.