Author Topic: [++] Adding a new icon for the armed robbery.  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Omar

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Omar
[++] Adding a new icon for the armed robbery.
« on: 21 07, 2020, 07:44:37 am »
The suggestion: Adding a new icon for the armed robbery, replacing the current one with something like this one: https://gtamods.com/wiki/File:SA_radar_triads.png

or

In case you don't want to use Triads icon.

The reason to get implemented: I've seen many criminals, that get mixed between the ammunition shop and the armed robbery icons since they both have the same icons. Several ammunition shops exist near armed robberies, so it makes it harder to define the current armed robbery location especially for newbies. I guess this is a simple replacement it's just an icon. In addition to that if you have a better icon you can post it below in a reply, I'll consider it for sure.
« Last Edit: 29 07, 2020, 07:07:58 pm by Vampire »
Added Omar as Arabic Helper. (08.05.2020)
May 13th: @Omar Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika
Jul 14th: @Omar awarded RCM for his contributions towards Guiders' team - DeadStunter + Vampire
Omar added as Trial Criminal Boss. (03.08.2020 CB Team)
Omar added as trial staff. (30.08.2020 L4+ Staff)

Offline TheCwN

• Regular Community Member
  • Fear less, dominate more.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: TheCwN
  • Squad: Elixir
Re: Adding a new icon for the armed robbery.
« Reply #1 on: 21 07, 2020, 08:56:52 am »
Hi Omar, I really like your idea. As I always say, small changes are good and must be made. Personally, AR's icons are now out of the ordinary and I think a little change needed. I want to vote positively. Good luck.

Offline Roxen

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Squad: ACERules
« Reply #2 on: 21 07, 2020, 09:44:17 am »
I would like to vote Positively for your post. I have really no idea what is the true meaning behind the reason that the icons of the Ammunition Shop and Armed RObbery are the same. I personally as an LV player, find it confusing at times. Even if some people od not find it confusing, I feel that there is no appropriate reason as to which their icons/logos should be the same.
Also, I do not see any harm in the update of this icon. It's definitely worth it and I feel that it should definitely be added. Icons should be very creative and should resemble/indicate what the even is all about. I'm not sure how a simple pistol is indicative enough to indicate an Armed Robbery. Perhaps we can possibly come up with something even better and precise.
We belong way down below
Don't get too close, it's dark inside.

Offline NewPunk

• Junior Community Member
  • Punk of CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: NewPunk
« Reply #3 on: 21 07, 2020, 01:01:29 pm »
Hello there,
The ammo-nation shop are totally confusing and kinda distraction to those who are new members or a newbie criminals which is they will go in the mistaken icon in Los Santos, if this can be add many criminals and newly members that wanna go in Armed Robbery this can be  a big help and guide, your suggested icon was kinda noticeable and detailed which is a good image relating in Armed Robberies not making a trouble and I see no harm in here and kinda quite cool. I'm supporting this idea. I'm Positive.

Offline RonParu

• Junior Community Member
  • ♉If you treat me good, I will treat you better.♉
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: RonParu
  • Squad: The_Society
« Reply #4 on: 21 07, 2020, 01:04:55 pm »
I'm SUPPORTING this suggestion as the current icon is kinda not related to what armed robbery icon should be, improving this icon won't give or result any harm in my opinion. The icon suggested is really great and connected to "armed robbery" concept. POSITIVE.
Freelance Software Developer | CS Student | C#, VB.NET, C, Java, Python

Offline Hanns

• Donator L1
  • Staffs nightmare
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 21 07, 2020, 02:06:10 pm »
Yeah , I agree with you. The ammunation shop and armed robbery are literally the same, When I switched to LS I was like on support chat " how I could find the current AR" Updating the icon will make LV & SF players knowing where is the current AR without the need of asking in support chat. It's kinda distraction and confusing for them, So here's my vote!

Offline Wilson

YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Wilson
  • Squad: Akatsuki
« Reply #6 on: 21 07, 2020, 02:20:50 pm »
This suggestion is good because the actual armed robbery icon is the same as the ammunation shop and sometimes can cause troubles because some people think that there is an armed robbery and is the ammunation shop icon in some villages for example. Positive

Offline Raef

• The Raffaello
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
« Reply #7 on: 21 07, 2020, 02:29:27 pm »
I totally agree with you. The current logo which is the Ammunition logo is non-compatible with an armed robbery. Cause when we say 'armed robbery", we say stealing money, not a gun, which we can see it clearly in the logo you suggested. Besides, newbies may consider it an Ammunition shop that's why they go there to buy ammo and weapons. But in the end, they will see cops and criminals shooting each other so they will be confused. I am positive.

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #8 on: 21 07, 2020, 02:30:29 pm »
I've never witnessed a situation like this before, but like you said with reference to the imperceptible difference between both icons, It probably might confuse a new player who doesn't know much about the server, I see no problem with adding this.

Offline Avices

• Group: SonsOfAnarchy
« Reply #9 on: 21 07, 2020, 02:45:08 pm »
Good idea, Omar, I think it will be useful for AR. This helps us to have the AR symbol as a state house, I think should be Positive. For this
Sons Forever Forever Sons & SFFS
Founding Member - WhiteBeard

Offline Louai

• Welcome to Los Chaos
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ₵Ⱨ₳Ø₴₲Ʉ₳ⱤĐł₳₦₴
  • Ingame: Louai
  • Squad: ᴅʀɪꜰᴛᴡᴏʀᴋꜱ
« Reply #10 on: 21 07, 2020, 03:52:54 pm »
I am voting Positive cause this will help the new players and some times the people who switch up between the gun and ar logo , and for me the armed robbery deserve a unique logo for it self , especially it takes place in LS the last months . but I think the logo will be better if he have some colors so it would be easier to see in the map . anyways I improve this idea  :tick:

Ex.Pirus Leader | ChaosGuardians Leader
Ex.NKMK CO-Founder
"Someday we will all just be a memory for some people; I just want that memory to be a good one "

Offline EpicX

• New Community Member
  • (⌐■_■)Badass Player(⌐■_■)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CODE/SAS
  • Ingame: EpicX
  • Squad: NeXus_Squad
« Reply #11 on: 21 07, 2020, 04:28:04 pm »
Im voting Positive aswell,it does add a little confusion but a suttle change in the icons does help.

Special Agent Services's General.

Offline Toby

• The Adventurous
  • All I am surrounded by is fear and dead men
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD/B13
« Reply #12 on: 21 07, 2020, 07:22:18 pm »
I don't see why would 2 different things have same icon, I agree with your thoughts about it and hence I'm positive on changing the blip.
I have been a staff thrice and an ingame supporter once and I also created the Guide team and I did this and that and whatnot

risen from the ashes

Offline VenTePaCaKriz

• Donator L3
  • ♥ dont b afraid to fail be afraid dont to try it ♥
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: |NR|5TH|TR|[GG]
  • Ingame: VentePaCaKriz♡A
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #13 on: 21 07, 2020, 07:42:21 pm »
yes yes and you  will have an yes, for a long time the image of armed robbery has not been changed and the truth is that there are many armed robberies but they are actually ammunition shops, the same icon is the same for the AR and the ammunition shops,It is a bit confusing, having the same image of armed robbery and ammo-nation, but with the passing of time we have already got used to that icon, a positive vote for this suggestion,   changing to one best image for armed robbery would be a great help ,giving you a positive vote  :tick:
    Una existencia es un acto, un cuerpo una ropa, un siglo un dia y la muerte es un aire renovador.

Offline MgD

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SonsOfAnarchy
  • Ingame: MgD
« Reply #14 on: 21 07, 2020, 09:39:26 pm »
Sometimes I get mixed between the current armed robbery and the ammunation shop icon. This should get changed it will help newbies to define the current armed robbery on there minimap. It's a benefit for both sides, so I'm positive.
Donator Level 3Senior Community Member , Tagcolor , 18 Personal Skin , 5 Personal Carshaders , TOP 100 Criminals