Author Topic: Development Changes  (Read 53555 times)

Offline Romeo:3!

• Donator L1
  • Bearded Lawyer. 🦁
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5тнѕтяєєтѕαιηтѕ
  • Ingame: 5th|Romeo:3#
Re: Development Changes
« Reply #45 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:23:12 pm »
Arran,  many ppl can't play for his ping, for example some ppl from argentina. Always have fighting limit due his ping, many ppl is far away from the server.

Offline Fady21

• Regular Community Member
  • I'll support you till the end
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Camorra
  • Ingame: Fady21
« Reply #46 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:24:44 pm »
LOL sure. Almost 50% of MTA players are playing in 800x600 which means their PCs are over 10 years old. The other 50% aren't doing much better. There is no way in hell they can even play GTA IV let alone GTA V. PC GTA IV multiplayer was a joke and GTA V will probably be too so the impact it will have on MTA's player count is minimal.
Arran u can remove some useless scripts from CIT Due to the "Hight ping" and the bad FPS like the useless zones also GTA V will be realesed on 10-1-2015 So I think we have enought time to change CIT.
Architect

Offline Gmane

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: GMane
« Reply #47 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:29:47 pm »
I think that when u reach a considerable amount of hours, u've done it all (crim, cop, civilian) so theres nothing much to do but to make and make more money.

Now, if u make "unlockables" for performance (hours, crim points, ap, job level), and by unlockables I mean for instance super guns for crims, cool boats for Fisherman, pro Planes for Pilots, stuff like that, based on performance, so everyone keep having things to aspire to, either they have 100 hours or 2k hours of playtime.

But I emphasize it mustn't be about money, it must be about stuff you do.

The Renegades Founder

Offline StewieMonSta

• Group: Ex. KLM
  • Ingame: StewieMonSta
« Reply #48 on: 02 10, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »
I think a major problem is the group system and the server type (not for me but for some people). GTA San Andreas is played by people who want to use guns in a game and stuff. Even though we have a great turf system and anyone can fight there, people want to join a good group as soon as they join CIT. It takes months to get into a powerful group such as HoBoS (just an example) and people don't want to wait around all this time because they are not in CIT for the jobs, they are there to have fun in LV shooting. I mean you can get into a group at like 10 hours playtime and turf, but you're not going to have an enjoyable experience.

Another problem is the prices, just to make it clear, I have around 20 million dollars in the game and even more if I sell my cars and my mansion, but for example as soon as you join you can be a pilot or something and make say $30,000 an hour (Sorry I do not know the exact rate). People want to join races, and buy houses like the older players, but as a normal player (One who does not donate [because maybe they can't afford it]) it takes ages even with the added benefits to a new player to buy anything.

I would also like to mention /eventwarps I know it's a matter of opinion and my opinion is the opposite (I like doing jobs etc.) people want to have a lot of fun in the game, and doing jobs etc can get boring for some people, especially if you are a low level on a job. I know there are phases when an event manager makes like 5 events in a row, and don't get me wrong I think these events the funniest thing about CIT, I think we need more of them, and a quicker way to warp like /ewarp or /ew (I know you can bind but many newer players don't bother).

To conclude, don't get me wrong I have a lot of fun in CIT, but I think it's still pretty hard to stick to the server as a new player because you have like nothing to your name and like 50k which you can't really do anything with, I think this is the main problem.
CIT player since 2012!

Also known as Dan

Offline (Pro)Hunter

• Junior Community Member
  • Only darkness shows you the true value of light.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Elite Force
  • Ingame: (Pro)Hunter
  • Squad: SAMD & AS
« Reply #49 on: 02 10, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »
Too lazy to read all posts on my mobile so I will just go ahead on my comment of improvement.

First of all, civillian jobs are like real life work, people play games to relieve stress from real life work. So work+game=more annoying work. I was not that much of a civillian or medic but I earned just enough to keep a stock of gun for my law job. I ran out of money a lot of time for law jobs. Crafting, especially ammo is fking annoying. I truly hate it. Staffs, I never wish to become a staff because most of my friend when they become staffs have less time to hangout and become quite seriouse, like a totally different person. Be less strict with staffs and players, happy staffs means loyalty and dedication plus happy players mean they will not rage quit. Bring back the drugs we fought our butts of for fighting, they were an essential part of the war system. Maybe classic weapn stats? Why make people buy all weapons and end up with a 2 but let them keep using a few like back in the old days? I am an old player of this community, not important player but like every other person playing here. I watched how CIT changed, for the better and the worst. I miss the good old days and thought how I should have waked up at nights to play. Keep the IG suggestions, players are suggesting so let them and they wil be happy to suggest. Community ranks are also hard to get, kinda like becoming a staff. I do not value any one of those like I used to, cus by time I learned they are pointless. BTW, group bank was a splendit idea, a group's donation bank. Might have made some people think "Nice, a cool server where they offer us our own group bank! Why will I ever think of leaving?". Over priced things like the sudden vehicle price also made people leave. Most RPG servers keep prices low and payment high so that the low ammount of time a player plays, he will enjoy it and love that RPG server. BTW, never shoot down ideas. Ever. Sometimes to win hearts you need to use your heart instead of thinking of a tactic with your brain. BTW, loved the no payment to talk in mainchat BTW.

Regards, just one of your average old faithful player
(Pro)Hunter

Note: I just gave a brief describtion of what I can think of right now, GMT +6 means it is pretty deep into nighttime. Plus of my stupid annoying mobile waiting for internet on my pc. Have fun, the way it was meant to be.
Ex:SAPD - SGT & OTI | Ex:TF | Ex:Armed Forces | Ex:BTP - DCHF

Proud First Generation MTA SA Player | "It's time to hunt!" - (Pro)Hunter
⋙ Back Solely For EF ⋘

Offline BClaude

• Donator L1
  • Here since Mid-2011
  • Ingame: BClaude
« Reply #50 on: 02 10, 2014, 10:54:42 pm »
LOL sure. Almost 50% of MTA players are playing in 800x600 which means their PCs are over 10 years old. The other 50% aren't doing much better. There is no way in hell they can even play GTA IV let alone GTA V. PC GTA IV multiplayer was a joke and GTA V will probably be too so the impact it will have on MTA's player count is minimal.
Grand Theft Auto Online (that comes with GTAV) was released just a year ago, when the PC version is released, GTAV online will have had at least 1 year and 3 months's worth of bug fixing and patches at this point, and that includes a year of the previous console releases, and 3 months of the new gen release. I'm pretty sure it will be a much more matured release compared with GTAIV.

EDIT: Was the resolution in Full Screen or Windowed mode?

Offline ShaDy.

• Senior Community Member
  • Life is strange
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ProTugas
  • Ingame: [CIT]ShaDy
« Reply #51 on: 02 10, 2014, 10:57:40 pm »
Well, I'll talk about a simple thing, the first thing I did when I joined the server was viewing the trailer, to be honest it's not that good.

Today I watched this video made by Prototype personally I liked it so replacing the current trailer with a more interesting video may encourage people to register and play in CIT.
50000 People used to live here... Now it's a ghost town.
https://prnt.sc/lj36jr

Rocky#

« Reply #52 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
-/sell command to sell drugs. God damn, that brought a lot of fun and roleplay into the game. And that's not only for me, but for a lot of players, which I have gotten there opinion about. It was fun, going to DS, BR and other spots were drug dealers would hang and compete to sell drugs with them. F7 is just plain and boring.

-Misconduct rule. #17 Getting punished because I left my car in the road for a minute? That can certainly make a new player rage quit.

- Jobs don't pay well enough. With everything being so expensive and not everyone is fortunate to donate, people can't afford to have the things which would allow them to enjoy the game more.

-Staff's are not patience.

kalon_madnness

Re: Development Changes make pilot job more interesting
« Reply #53 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:12:58 pm »
In the pilot job all you can do is fly to one place and back can you add where you have to do objectives or something alike to make it less boring if so thank you <3

Offline United

• TopKek™
  • Senior Community Member
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: United
« Reply #54 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:14:42 pm »
-/sell command to sell drugs. God damn, that brought a lot of fun and roleplay into the game. And that's not only for me, but for a lot of players, which I have gotten there opinion about. It was fun, going to DS, BR and other spots were drug dealers would hang and compete to sell drugs with them. F7 is just plain and boring.

-Misconduct rule. #17 Getting punished because I left my car in the road for a minute? That can certainly make a new player rage quit.

- Jobs don't pay well enough. With everything being so expensive and not everyone is fortunate to donate, people can't afford to have the things which would allow them to enjoy the game more.

-Staff's are not patience.

I simply love you, because of that <3

I never punish player that left his car on the road. I just recover it.

Offline Nico..

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Nico
« Reply #55 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:19:40 pm »
Let me tell you.. I've been around CIT for almost something like 3 years, I've met a lot of awesome people and I shared with them all of my ideas. I always loved playing and sharing my ideas with everyone in this server.
I have to say that 3 years ago, CIT was really different from what it is right now.  CIT is always running around the Cops and Robbers system that has always worked and it is still a valid and awesome way of playing. The only problem is that people is changing kind of games.. they prefer playing Play Stations or next gen games instead of old games such as GTA:SA.
Even if  CIT is an upgraded and updated community we have to think that it is running on GTA:San andreas (a beautiful rockstar game that is still taking people to MTA) ..but still, it is an old game and people would like to try something different with different environments and different things. ( in my opinion )
MTA made a  lot of upgrades and made gta:sa much more upgraded year after year but the point is that one, even if you revolutionized GTA plyaing style you won't be able to keep all the players at their places for a lot of time. Games are making a lot of upgrades in everything ( pc, xb0x, ps3, ps4.. ) and this is one of the reasons that is making people change.

CIT had always helped me with everything.. 3 years are not a small number, I grew up here.. well I mean, I always loved sharing my ideas with my friends in this game! Even if I never saw their faces I always considered them my brothers or my big friends! CIT is more than a community that allows you to play and enjoy, CIT is a meeting place, where you can do everything, you can talk and you can share everything that you want with who you want ! And people that are not inside the community do not know that... they only think CIT is a normal RPG / cops and robbers server where you just , buy ammo's, buy drugs and kill random people, but it is not true! We should let the people outside the community know how this server goes and how awesome it is.

I hope my words will be read, your old friend, player, admin, honourable Nico

If you ever need me CIT, I'll be here to give you all the support you need. Cause we are not alone, we are CIT.
« Last Edit: 02 10, 2014, 11:24:16 pm by Nico.. »

Offline rounder

• Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #56 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:29:33 pm »
The gameplay, if you could just bring 2012's summer gameplay back, we'll have alot of people coming back, adding that so many other games have just released so people are currently playing them instead of cit ..

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #57 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:32:56 pm »
2012's summer gameplay back, we'll have alot of people coming back, adding that so many other games have just released so people are currently playing them instead of cit ..
For all we know, summer 2012 could have been nothing but dildoes in CnR, more detail pls

Offline StewieMonSta

• Group: Ex. KLM
  • Ingame: StewieMonSta
« Reply #58 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:43:50 pm »
The gameplay, if you could just bring 2012's summer gameplay back, we'll have alot of people coming back, adding that so many other games have just released so people are currently playing them instead of cit ..
Alot of people will have different opinions on this quote, the scripts weren't as good but it was so much easier to get a nice house and stuff even with like 24 hours of gameplay. int 16 houses for 100k and infernus for 160k. What I don't understand is why Arran got rid of every single exploit, even really small ones like news reporter at CnR events. Sure those kind of things make the game less balanced but at the end of the day it's just a game and you don't gain loads from these exploits, besides they make it fun and this is what players are looking for!
CIT player since 2012!

Also known as Dan

Offline rounder

• Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #59 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:54:46 pm »
For all we know, summer 2012 could have been nothing but dildoes in CnR, more detail pls

/Sell drugs command.
There were no donations so everyone used to play fairly, everything was cheap cars, bikes, etc
The way you get weed, it was fun
Role playing commands /me /do groups like FBI used to role play daily and I used to enjoy watching themRPing
Staffs used to be nice and kind to players, now everyone who get the staff rights starts acting like we're their slaves
Groups were fun tho.
Houses system, they were cheap

Fighting limited thingy whenever I login (ping 70, FPS 60) I can't play for about 30 mins due to that message.
Donators ruined the gameplay, I mean when you see yourself as an old player who has 200K and another rich IRL new player who just donated for L3, you'll just get shocked, dont close donations but try to make players that can't donate for not having paypal access into their countrys, earn much mony so we can be equal

If you have a theory, any theory at all even if you don't think we'll agree to it, why not post it any way? You're not going to get punished for what you post here though if you are worried that might happen you can forum PM me your theory and I can decide on it myself or I'll post it in this topic for you so nobody will know who wrote it.

I've got so many friends who joined CIT the first time in 2013 and they left it after 2 or 3 days, just because you're kinda strict, i've been told that you were nice to players and to people in 2010 and 2011 and I can cleary see that from your posts then and now, I do honestly feel happy when I see you saying "lol" I think if you'll be back as happy as before having fun with players as you used to do back in time at 2011, everyone will be back :)