Author Topic: Development Changes  (Read 53565 times)

LadyLLama123

Re: Development Changes
« Reply #60 on: 02 10, 2014, 11:57:10 pm »
I'd like to start off by saying that I'm glad you're addressing this issue Arran, rather than continuing to keep blindly adding content.

That said I know for a fact that there are a factor of things that have caused players to quit and or stop playing altogether.
I understand the reason for them but nonetheless, still are issues.

1) The drug problem. People like their drugs and don't want to be buying it off F7 for 300-500 per drug, re-add it back as a CnR reward please.
2) Fighting limited. This is a MAJOR one, especially for me. Way back when the limit was 500, so you could have more people enjoying freedom when fighting. For me, when the ping limit is 350 and my constant ping is ~334 and then I just get that one ping spike outta nowhere and I'm stuck with fighting limited for ~10-15 minutes, it's infuriating to say the least. Please raise the limit to 400 at the very least.
3) LV isn't the problem, CnR is. Don't get me wrong, LV isn't perfect either but let's face it, people who want to turf in LV have upwards of 400 ping and people actually would prefer CnR as it offers more of a benefit. LV - Chewing through ammo and money to buy said ammo VS CnR - Opportunity to kill law officers and be rewarded for it upon successful escape.
However, and I don't mean to rant and rave about this but it's true... There is nothing more annoying than being a top damager and not being rewarded for it. Not to mention, collision in CnR events and killstealers are also major problems. There's nothing worse than taking cover and then having to do the 'hokey pokey' and turn about because you're elbowing the two people who decided to come sit right next to you. But I believe the biggest thing people complain about in CnR events is FPS and that myself, I wouldn't know how to fix. You can go straight from 61 to 9 FPS, depending on the event.
4) The obvious progression of time. People may very well have purchased better PCs got the new 'next gen' consoles etc and that's very well inevitable and you can't change that.
5) As per mentioned vehicle costs and maintenance. I get that it has to be somewhat realistic but 250k for a phoenix or even a million for a vehicle is insane, let alone 40mil for a 'dormant' hydra. Not to mention fuel. $240 per one hit of a space bar? No thanks. Some jobs are balanced in terms of pay |just| and the rest are just not even worth the time since they pay peanuts.
6) Staff members. It's a given I put this here being who I am, however, I understand the due process of 'reporting an admin.' But what's the point of reporting an admin? I'm sure I speak for pretty much everyone when I say that they feel like reporting an admin is a waste of time because it will just be /locked or disregarded for little or no reason at all. It's also a given though that staff members are way better than way back when. That said, it still is appalling to see what some staff members do. Things such as coming in and misusing official chats, trolling official trainings and the likes. We all feel powerless against it. We only have that select one or two admins we can actually turn to and even then it's not even worth the time...

So that's what I believe are the current issues and why CIT isn't having the playerbase it used to.
« Last Edit: 03 10, 2014, 12:03:57 am by John.Price »

Offline Maltese

• Ninhja
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: 1111
« Reply #61 on: 03 10, 2014, 12:00:03 am »
Well i'm an old player in this server and i've see how many of my friends leave this server because they got bored because there was removed a lot of things that we liked in the old times like the old bank, sell drugs with /sell that was so good, the prices were good. The new players dont like to waste their time working I never found funny to work and do the same thing for a few hours to get money and finally have fun there should be other ways to get money that dont make one to get bored , now if you wanna get money you have to work but if you try to won money by other way you gonna lose money. If you try to go to a rob being a new player is sure that you gonna get raped because those players dont have skills to kill a cop in those robs and if you try to take the BC there's some teams of pro players that sure again gonna kill you, if you try rob a store or go to palomino creek only in 1 min there will be like 6 cops that gonna kill you again, try to take a turf with your friend a donator come and spam you grenades just for have a turf.
I invited some friends to play in this server I give each one 1m but 1m is nothing they had to buy ammo, drugs and few things and they used all the money in 4 days because those prices are really high and all the normal players hate it 800 for 1 heroin that will end in 30 secs and they want have fun here not work for have fun for some minutes, they get bored of that and leaved the server.
I have to say that the new system of weapons is bad. Now if you want use your favorite weapon in Gta Sa by example uzi and sawn off you will get killed too fast by a guy that use a shotgun with binds 3 shoots of a shotgun and you gonna get raped, I really hate that weapon because they can make you very slower and low your health in 80 per each shoot i've go to bc for some months but in the old times were not so hard to avoid 2 players that shooting you with normal weapons but now 2 players come with their shotguns and shoot you, if you wanna run you can't and what you should do? Fight!, but how fight to a shotgun that kill you with 3 shoots, you would be pro but not everyone can kill you with that weapon if you dont have any place to hide the old weapons were good you could see some players using uzi, sawn-off, colt I used to use m4 before this new m4 and I didn't complaint that other weapons are better than mine.
Other thing that I have to say is that the command /duel were so good in the old times, all the people saying duel me!! sms me duel 100k!! I know that some players used hack to won duels but is normal every time you would see a player using hacks is true but admins can ban them in the year 2013 it was so used and that was other way to get money without get bored you can make it to max 100k and it will be used again.
I have to say that should be new ways to get money without get bored.

Offline Will

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Soldiers
  • Ingame: ~|S|~Will
« Reply #62 on: 03 10, 2014, 12:14:42 am »
What's missing? The fear factor. The excitement of being in a risky situation.
Think about it.
Back in 2012. Criminal events were every 90 minutes, with no team cap. We used to be hitting +50 per team, in all 4 dimensions. That's a good 40-50% of the server going to those things. Now how many is it? 25 vs 25? It's like 5-7% going now. < Immediate problem.
Remember how it used to be? People were lining up, preparing for this event. They were something to look forward too - And something to work hard in. Nowadays? "Awh shit I died that's cool tho there's another one in 10 minutes". They get boring really fast with only 25 vs 25.
They aren't criminal events anymore. They're just violent running races. They never last longer than 6-7 minutes either. The old ones used to be a constant battle, hitting +10, or even 13 minutes each event. It was pretty intense after 10 minutes, with countless casualties and it was like 9 vs 10. That was the good parts. That was what made criminal events great. There's nothing special about them anymore.
Example: DS. In 2012 DS used to be +120 crims, with a continuous onslaught of cops coming back over again. That was the exiting part. There were cops parachuting onto the boat from choppers, there were some sniping from boats and the beach, there were footsoldiers assaulting the main entrance - There was violence in every corner. DS nowadays be like: 5 cops max, all camping in the same little shed thing. Lame... And very boring.

So yeah, bring the criminal events how they used to be. More than half the server anticipated, and joined in on those events. There was a real excitement when you were <20 HP, struggling to survive. Nowadays? Doesn't matter. You can take as much damage over and over and over, and just keep running back to the medics to get healed... That's not exiting...

I'm saying, when you take damage, once you head back to a medic, you can only gain 60% of the HP back. Took 100 damage? Your new max HP is 160. Took another 100 damage? New max health is now 120, and so on. You take 180 damage? New max HP is 108. It'll make shit harder and more exiting.

Also. LV.
LV is the biggest player based system of the game. But like a lot of my old friends (Who've quit because of this) say "LV is just fucked." Nowadays grenades dominate the game. LV goes through enough gunpowder each day to power 200 U.S. 4th of July celebrations. It's not a battle of skill. It's a battle of who can get in position to spawn kill with grenades the fastest. Literally. Watch some gangs out there in LV. First thing they do? Get on the roof and surround the spawn and spam nades. They don't even wait until someone spawns. They just continuously throw them. 50 nades per minute? What does it matter to them? With inflation as it is right now, 1 mil is nothing anymore. $100m was unfathomable in 2012. But look at it now. Some players are hitting nearly $2bn. But after all that, what's stayed the same? You guessed it (I hope). Grenades. $3k 2 years ago, $3k now.
That's a problem. 1 million ain't shit to most players now. The economy is fucked up yo'.

So yeah, there should be 3 different spawn points in each turf. This will make it so much fairer when defending, and just make it a lot more interesting. New groups have no chance whatsoever to become successful, simply because these other gangs just come in and dominate over them in <1 minute.

Maybe something that says, if a team has 40% less players, that team provokes turfs 40% faster or something. That's not really the immediate problem at the moment.

Back in 2012, turf wars actually had guns. The excitement of having 10+ turfs in those days was insane - Leaders caps-locking /gc, everyone sprinting around LV as fast as they can. - Brilliant. Turfing now? It's a game of avoiding constant grenades and rooftop minigunners. What's the fun in that?

So yeah, That's why so many old timer LV'ers have left. It's just not fun to be fighting grenades, it's just not fun getting spawn killed over and over. It's just not fun wasting time defending against a group with 500+ players.

I guess that more or less covers it. The real excitement of it is lost - and that's what's wrong. What I just mentioned are only 2 gamemodes - Maybe I'll write some more later, but yeah, the fun is out of it now.

Edit: Just like what Spongefin said... Countless times a new player has walked up to me chillin wherever I am, and started spraying me with their MP5. Players are gunna be pissed if they ain't able to deathmatch dudes, since they don't know anything yet.
It'd be helpful to add an LV hospital spawn point for new players - I mean, shit might be tough, but they'll get the hang of it pretty damn quickly by starting there.

« Last Edit: 03 10, 2014, 02:28:19 am by William »

Btzjosh

« Reply #63 on: 03 10, 2014, 12:17:11 am »
Reasons why I fell in love with CIT
1. Drugs, like /weed time and druglabs. It helped RP
2. Group turfing. Going to war against gangs when they couldn't just spam satchels and nades which made turfing tactical and was more competitive.
3. Criminal events. I used to care ALOT about EVERY SINGLE criminal event. Back then, it used to be one event every 1hr 30 mins. CIT became boring and dull when I knew I could log in at any given time to join a criminal event, but now when I want to attend an event I have to camp outside BR or MDM for 15 mins just to make sure I have a spot. Sometimes lag kicks me out and find myself wasting 20-30 to prep for an event that I can't even attend. Maybe by limiting events, we can start appreciating events more.
4. Criminal events would last for 20-30 mins. These epic events would keep me coming back everyday. It was more exciting when we could go 130vs 80.
5. Self defence against thug or criminals who think they could get away with DM. Really felt like a criminal in GTA, I would DM someone and get an adrenaline rush because I got away with murder.

Reasons why I left CIT
1. Ammunition store closed. Still don't understand why we have to buy ammo from others at their own price.
2. Admin immaturity. Found myself always avoiding admins and advising members in my group to avoid them at all cost to avoid getting a bad rep or punish log.
3. Jobs always being nerfed. Feels like whenever we unexpectedly find a bug and people find a great way to make money, it gets removed. All jobs were nerfed at some point. There was no point for me to work as a civilian because the pay always fluxuated. If I worked my ass off (600 hours) and reach high level to soon find out the payments were reduced, why continue playing? All that work for nothing.
4. Misconduct. I always found myself running everywhere. I hardly used cars because admins punishing for leaving vehicle parked when I focused my efforts on running away from cops then hiding it to avoid misconducting.
5. Respawn fees. It used to be I'd pay over 3k to spawn because I had over 3k hours. Never understood why being active would cost me more to live in CIT. Misconduct fees were outrageous because they were just as expensive as respawning

Some ideas to help CIT
1. Bring back old god and remove medkits.
2. Bring back default guns, like the damage and accuracy.
3. Bring back weed time and mystery bag
4. Lower amount of events or spread the events out more.
5. Bring back deathmatching, criminals killing criminals.
6. Bring back drugs at criminal events

Santiagoroa0213

« Reply #64 on: 03 10, 2014, 12:18:05 am »
I´m going to make a top 10 of the reasons for leaving this server (IMO):

1. Staffs: Some of people hate most of staffs due to their behaviour and continous stupid punishments and bans.
2. Donators, now the server has a high percent of donators, who makes more boring and hard to play and have fun
3. Removal of ammunation shop
4. Unbalance, I mean, there are ppl with less than 5k of money who has to fight against players with +90M who can afford alot of drugs, ammo, cars, weapons and houses, this make the server boring and harder for new players.
5. Boring job sistem, this is a game! and the people want fun, not spend hours at working for a little payment, which will lose at buying 24 hours of VIP or some drugs/ammo. Its rly annoying when you earn 100k/hour and you have to spend +500k/hour in some ammo/drugs (this is for defending from trollers, richest cops/crims, and have some fun in turf and CnR events), so basically you have to work 5 hours to have fun 1 hour.
6. Inmature people, stupid trollers, asslickers, crack groups, annoying people, flammers, etc..
7. Very high pricres at F7 for everything. (same that 5th)
8. Updates like: "Criminals have to aim for 2 seconds at cops to being able to kill them" and like that.
9. New updates for CnR events like PDR or DS make those events boring,
10. Grenades/Satchels spammers at LV

I´m now active at all (I only log-in to the server once a week) because most of my friends left the server, also new updates/admins are killing this server.
Maybe some people wont think like me, but this are some of the reasons why I think this server has less players.
« Last Edit: 03 10, 2014, 12:24:17 am by Santiago. »

Fady-Atef

« Reply #65 on: 03 10, 2014, 12:43:25 am »
@Arran
Do you know what really needs to be changed? The whole staff and punishment system.
This is a game, almost everyone is playing to ENJOY the game not to get 'jailed' or muted for days....
Like why would anyone get jailed just for leaving his car 1-2 secs on the road? Why would Staff members seek to get punishments just to get promoted (I was a Staff member before and I know that, people get muted 1 sec after they write something or fail).
Like why would a Staff member rush and punish a player for misconduct while he can just press a num key and destroy his vehicle?
Staff shouldn't be punishing people for minor shit, they shouldn't be looking to punish players without thinking that they are humans and everyone makes mistakes. What about making it so that Staff members have to warn players before punishing (Racism or excessive flaming or exploiting need to be dealt with without warnings ofc)
Also staff promotions shouldn't depend on punishments at all, it should depend on the staff member being active, his behaviour, how he's being helpful, how he is treating normal players....etc (I know that it already depends on that but I mean that it shouldn't depend on punishments)
From my point of view, staff punishments and long bans are a very big reason of why people are leaving the server/not playing anymore.

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #66 on: 03 10, 2014, 12:46:14 am »
Base invasion. Just because you're in LV doesn't mean you need to have your SAFE HAVEN invaded by assholes every single day. Invading ANY base should be counted as griefing, no mater the occasion.

just saw this

Thursday 2nd October 2014
- Ingame rules: Amended rule #8, specifically the part about group bases to: "Don't harass players that are in a group base." and moved the bit about laughing at peoples punishments to #6: "Do not go on about somebody getting punished." (Arran)
« Last Edit: 03 10, 2014, 12:57:27 am by xb0x »

Offline ALFRiDo

• Out of Control
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: ALFR!Do
« Reply #67 on: 03 10, 2014, 01:05:26 am »
Old days
Grenades was Cheaper everyone used it but they liked it even if they get killed
No turf protection
There was old speed
There was old heroin
There was 400 ping limit
There were several bugs/exploits
There was no Anti sprint ( You were able to run when someone shot you )
There was an old turfing system,not like now ,if you don't "own" any turf,your gang will provoke the turf faster
Old mentality, which was to master a new thing and not cry if getting owned, due to the cheap price

Now
No more old speed
No more old heroin
A ping limit for laggers
All bugs/exploit have been fixed
There is anti sprint update to avoid runners
Well, mentality is ofcourse new for people who have never played this game during that age
Sea turfs are much bigger now
Running weapons are quite nerfed
Now you have M4, you can kill any nader easily with it's great magazine, and increased damage

I Don't Fear Pain , Pain Fears me

ALFR!Do

Offline Shomy

• Regular Community Member
  • Group: Team Genesis
  • Ingame: Shomy
« Reply #68 on: 03 10, 2014, 01:11:55 am »
LV died from the time nR7 and rest left server, honestly I know over 50 people 20 years+ who left server because 14 years old admin was acting too childish and too arogant to them.And most players dont have same entertainment like they had before.
In my opinion to be honest there are 3 problems here.LV, Admins, and cop's ass protecting.
Remember over 20 suggestions "We want old CIT back". I'm sure they suggested it with reason.
Have a nice day your ex regular Shomy.Good luck.  <3

Offline rounder

• Junior Community Member
  • Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #69 on: 03 10, 2014, 01:31:01 am »
LV died from the time nR7 and rest left server, honestly I know over 50 people 20 years+ who left server because 14 years old admin was acting too childish and too arogant to them.And most players dont have same entertainment like they had before.
In my opinion to be honest there are 3 problems here.LV, Admins, and cop's ass protecting.
Remember over 20 suggestions "We want old CIT back". I'm sure they suggested it with reason.
Have a nice day your ex regular Shomy.Good luck.  <3

LV died since the end of 2012, nR7 made its own history in CIT but its not the soul of LV ..

Actually i've seen so many people saying that, but its good to stand up looking forward

Offline Ajax

• Regular Community Member
  • BFFB
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Ajax
  • Squad: Criminal Area
« Reply #70 on: 03 10, 2014, 01:47:13 am »
Well the best thing that I want it to come back normal is the ironminer job :
Collecting irons then selling it in the factory (disable it from F7) or craft some ammo from the factory
But the problem still is that when desabling the iron from F7  we can't buy ammo from F7 to craft armor vest for Ex

So it's a big case iron is related with a lot of other things

Tommy_vercetty

« Reply #71 on: 03 10, 2014, 01:49:47 am »
Probably because they lowered the speed and many other things, many people say that the CIT before was far better :D

Offline TurboOmg

• Global Army Founder
  • Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GlobalArmy
  • Ingame: TurboOmg
« Reply #72 on: 03 10, 2014, 01:51:44 am »
I made my mind about this problem and I can only say some of the peopel are right some not my opinion for the CIT server is

WeedFarm should have a comeback
Drug Shortrage should be removed since heroin or Speed is way overpriced
MediKits should be avabial at Hospital for 750$
Medic should enter Events again "becouse they are at the moment nearly useless"
The Farm system takes realy long to plant seeds and to collect the items becouse you need to walk so long
Taxi Promotion system way over the top you need to get lvl 10 realy 75.5 millions and for fisher only 10,6 million so the jobs should get more balanced.
Criminal Paymend in and out of LV  in sometimes days they are only 10 or 20 guys wanted and cops are running wild to hunt this criminals. so I would like to see a higher paymend for shoprobbery  and in LV a aswell

But I still like the point of the ammo shortage becouse many ammo is cheaper in F7 as it is was in Ammonoation
and the 2 sec aiming time is good but  it could be reduce to 1 sec aswell

Grettings
Proud Global Army Founder & Proud  Ex.Commander of Strike Force

ucefo

« Reply #73 on: 03 10, 2014, 02:06:58 am »
I think thé biggest difference in this server is donator player against  normal , you will never bring the server back like old time

i suggest  to make  above the jobs payment , maybe it gonna make a normal player like donator player , so maybe they fight  each others

#TheCopSlayer

« Reply #74 on: 03 10, 2014, 02:19:09 am »
Here's something for a start:

Remember that old "/feedback" update that people stopped using after a week? Whatever happened to it, you should try bringing it back. It was actually pretty useful, but for some reason high staffs (or whoever had access to it) stopped considering those feed backs, that whole damn feature as a matter of fact.

Did you guys know that there was a time when you never received a message on your screen after someone sent you a CITbook friend request? Thanks to that handy /feedback feature, I filled out the box letting the server know about it and boom, they literally fixed the issue the next day. (Along with loads of other reports in /feedback) I remember that day, tons of updates all smashed together.

You should re-release that update and let everyone know about it, because if I'm not mistaken, the sole reason why you made that addition in the first place, Arran, was to prevent players from leaving the server because they couldn't deal with playing longer due to having to put up with a pain-in-the-ass server feature that we wouldn't be negatively impacted if it were somehow tweaked or simply removed completely.

I think it's safe to say that the return of /feedback is the beginning of our solution. But only the beginning.