Author Topic: Development Changes  (Read 53740 times)

Offline Dr.Chip

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Dr.Chip
Re: Development Changes
« Reply #225 on: 05 10, 2014, 01:36:43 am »
So, After I've seen the update about the drugs selling system, I thought to myself:" Why not adding back the old drug selling system?". It's pretty similar actually. You're half way there. Just make the player able to make a blip and set prices and sell drugs. It was very appealing to the new players. I think adding it back might improve the server and bring old and new players.

kisho

« Reply #226 on: 05 10, 2014, 02:34:56 am »
So, After I've seen the update about the drugs selling system, I thought to myself:" Why not adding back the old drug selling system?". It's pretty similar actually. You're half way there. Just make the player able to make a blip and set prices and sell drugs. It was very appealing to the new players. I think adding it back might improve the server and bring old and new players.

Agreed, its the little things that make the game appealing like that

Offline MadaFaka

• The Original
  • Donator L3
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
« Reply #227 on: 05 10, 2014, 04:55:19 am »
This topic is about increasing the population and cracks are the way to do that. Grenades are anti-crack and discourage large groups. So the effect is that small groups of "elite players" throw grenades and dominate the majority who can't have fun in LV because they just get owned.

That means fewer people have success in LV and therefore don't play CIT as much as they otherwise would. The population goes up when you have crack vs. crack fights. Right now you have an exclusive system where people in LV become fewer and fewer. It's Darwin's theory of evolution. The strong kill off the weak... The problem is that there are few strong remaining and everyone else is dead. So the server population decreases over time.

You need to encourage crack wars and more players to turf. LV can take it. There is plenty of room, plenty of turfs and a script that gives more money for a large population in LV.

You are crying about crack wars cause u dont know how to manage a crack group (you will get too much internal group drama because small elite group=big ego players) and u will lose in a war with a crack group if u cant use explosives. I am boss of a crack group and I would obviously not mind having timers on grenades and satchels. It would be positive for me and the server population.

Well, I've had a lot of gun fights crack vs. crack or crack vs. pro and its actually fun. Pro can win too. You are not totally fair when u claim there is no way for small groups to win against larger ones without explosives. Actually they can if they are good. You could also use diplomacy or just stick together better and push in waves. ... but well.. u say that a pro group needs ways to even the balance against cracks. but what about cracks who need balance vs explosives and "elite groups"? ... Its a shitload of work to run and manage a large group and we get punished in LV to favourize some guys who make massive requirements for their groups and everyone joins them because they just wanna be with the best? .. What happened to playing as the underdog and developing over time? ... seems like most people just wanna protect their balls and nutcup with all the other pro players around instead of joining a group, sticking with them and then fighting!

Surprise surprise, the biggest crack ( < self proclaimed ) leader in the server who invites any random player into his gang just because they can't do anything when teams are even is defending cracks in a server devlopment thread. I'm sorry but in my opinion your gang thesis is the reason CIT/LV has declined. Don't get me wrong, there is one other gang who are much worse because they try to hide their random inviting with an "application center" and continue to invite players with 80 members then crack LV but let's talk about the general issue: Do you think it is "fun" for smaller gangs to get their turf attacked by 20 players from the same gang at one time? Now just imagine satchels and grenades weren't around, propose a solution for us on how to defend and I might reason with your logic (random inviting, lowering our standards when it comes to applications is not a solution before you say it). I have seen the way your gang turfs and been on the receiving end of your attack.

Let's say we have HBL and CBL, we fought maybe 2 hours to get it and spent over $500,000 each on ammunation to fight for it. Suddenly we check to GC and it's

"See CBL, IF attacking"

We press F11 and see a huge blob of purple dots crowding one little turf and we are only 8 online. It gets to the point where we just say "don't defend" because it's not worth our time, if we arrive at the turf and try to defend we get crackbanged into a corner without any sort of reasonable medkit system to help us while taking cover. The only tactic we can try as a smaller gang is to plant satchels at each corner to set a trap - but we can't do that now can we... because satchels now show up as red squares if a player is using LSD so players simply take another route, another thing which must be removed.

It's Quality vs Quantity. It's wither Arran wants to increase the game features and in time server population while keeping the quality of LV players high or if he wants to increase the server population period and wave goodbye to any form of reasonable defending / a diverse player-type. I'm sure none of us want to go back to the recent M4 days where everybody used one weapon but that doesn't mean to say we should be forced to fight with guns only because that has been proven to not work well. Explosives add variety to LV and introduce vital tactics when it comes to defending. People on here are far too quick to judge those who play with explosives, I'll record a video soon and show everyone just why they are such an important factor to stay alive against a high-numbered enemy gang.

Cliffs:
  • Medkit system needs to be revereted to how it was - Fast healing but at the original price of $500.
  • Satchels need to be invisible when using LSD.
  • Explosives must be added to ammunition again whatever the price - LV will be dominated by cracks for a whole month if not.
  • Any gang can random crack invite, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do so.
  • Weapon system is getting better however explosives still remain to be a vital part of defending in LV for smaller gangs.

I wouldn't be so quick to push your agenda btw, remember the reason your gang is doing well in LV at the moment is because you are the only random-invite-any-player gang with high members. If you think you are the only guy in the server who can random invite any player without standards then crack LV to win you are sorely mistaken. Be careful what you wish for, cause it might just happen.

What happened to playing as the underdog and developing over time? ... seems like most people just wanna protect their balls and nutcup with all the other pro players around instead of joining a group, sticking with them and then fighting!

I 100% agree with this btw. LV has truly become home to a bunch of sheep who follow the pot of gold.
« Last Edit: 05 10, 2014, 05:20:15 am by MadaFaka »

Offline CrazyTaco

• Junior Community Member
  • #ameterelwebo
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Taco'Loco
  • Squad: Ruff Ryders
« Reply #228 on: 05 10, 2014, 05:22:43 am »
Decrease the time needed a bit.
The time cant we decreased, the time has to be disabled.

LadyLLama123

« Reply #229 on: 05 10, 2014, 06:44:57 am »
So from what I've read in a nutshell is;

- Bring back /sell, blip and all completely
- Bring back a full scale no player limit CnR with a 90 minute interval for people to do other things (repopulate LV, civilian jobs, law to arrests crims)
- Make 'crim medic' fair as it is unfair that they get wanted for simply wanting to get heal points and money
- Re-balance guns
- Make CnR more appealing to criminals by increasing successful escape awards/kills bonus
- Reduce /payjailfine
- Remove the fine we get stung for, for driving on the wrong side of the road? (Apparently this is a thing?)
- Players feel CIT has become 'Pay2Win' with donators just simply buying their millions where as normal people have to work their ass off for it
- Make civilian jobs pay more and thus making it more appealing to actually do
- Remove the damn 1-minute wait time for 'recently participating in a criminal event'
- Bring back the 'banned players in LV system' as it would increase player population
- Fix possible turfing 'bugs'
- Remove 'misconduct' for leaving vehicles in the road
- Bring back 'mystery bag'
- More admin hosted events
- Increase payments from turfing so you can actually profit from it

Offline Cortez

• Donator L3
  • Carol <3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: El'Cortez*SWAT
« Reply #230 on: 05 10, 2014, 07:27:50 am »
People using the argument as: "OLD LV". CIT is not only done in LV!

• I agree /sell drugs to be added again.
• Mystery Van
• Hijack just for criminals (I do not see a valid explanation for that  cops catch him) Hijack is a criminal activity, your name says it all. Cops do not need it, since we already have the money coming in arrests.
• Old BC
• Old system drugs (everyone should know what it was)
• Robbery Caligula's - 80% of the server does not know (Search on this in YT and then you will know)
• Add back the cop reinforcement (for LSB and perhaps also the SFB - Players of 2011 know what I'm talking about)
• Old system of drug production (Pill in DFR, develop a script to try to stop explorers)

These are simple things, but make the server be more fun, sometimes I miss things like this.  :-\

Players who started playing on server in 2014 and say OLD CIT, is ridiculous. They know nothing...  :fp:

Offline Shattah

• Fᴏʀ Hᴏɴᴏʀ, Fᴏʀ Bʀᴏᴛʜᴇʀ, Fᴏʀ Sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛ.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FɪɢʜᴛFᴏʀHᴏɴᴏʀ
  • Ingame: Sʜᴀᴛᴛᴀʜ
« Reply #231 on: 05 10, 2014, 07:29:21 am »
I would recommendcrafting projectiles. Also I beleive some players leave because they ran out of money. Increase the job pay. Inccrease the amount of minerals/money people get from jobs. Bring back drug factory. Also improve when new players join. Like putt press F1 for help/info of the server. Oh, and put it that crims get more money from killing cops outside crim events. Make it so you can get drugs from DS and DFR. Those are my recommendations for now.

Toby

« Reply #232 on: 05 10, 2014, 07:41:06 am »
People using the argument as: "OLD LV". CIT is not only done in LV!

• I agree /sell drugs to be added again.
• Mystery Van
• Hijack just for criminals (I do not see a valid explanation for that  cops catch him) Hijack is a criminal activity, your name says it all. Cops do not need it, since we already have the money coming in arrests.
• Old BC
• Old system drugs (everyone should know what it was)
• Robbery Caligula's - 80% of the server does not know (Search on this in YT and then you will know)
• Add back the cop reinforcement (for LSB and perhaps also the SFB - Players of 2011 know what I'm talking about)
• Old system of drug production (Pill in DFR, develop a script to try to stop explorers)

These are simple things, but make the server be more fun, sometimes I miss things like this.  :-\

Players who started playing on server in 2014 and say OLD CIT, is ridiculous. They know nothing...  :fp:

Absolutely  agree with you.
Something about hjack. Yeah, cops have big payments for arrests and etc. Criminals have nothing special like cops.
I think it would be better if cops won't be use hjack anymore.

/sell drugs was really avesome thing. More RP, more fun. And the last update was: - Trading: Made it so you can only buy drugs if you're stood near the seller. (Arran)
I'm sorry, but Arran, did you forgot about the old /sell drugs system? You don't understand what players want from you. We want /sell drugs, not this ridiculous thing.

It's disappointment about the medic system now. If you want to go a CnR with int. (as criminal) which you only want to heal players, now you GET wanted and of course jailed at the end of the event... when the medics cops just respawn at hospital. At least if it is not like before, criminal medic shouldn't get wanted, it's unfair since we (criminals) will lose more money than cops.
Also this^
I'm not against the criminal/cop medic thing. I'm against that medics can't enter in events anymore.
Yesterday I saw a guy, maybe he's noob or was in-active.  He said: Guys! Why I can't enter?! I'm medic! I want to heal ppls. Why I can't.
Medic job dead, really.

Offline Silbester-.

• Father of Catalonia
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Silbester
« Reply #233 on: 05 10, 2014, 09:46:18 am »
Well these 2 ideas should be  back

1.Veh prices should be as before
2. We can buy VIP even for 12 hours as I remeber

those 2 should be back and also about others opinion

Offline ZanSlovenia

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: |C|ZanSlovenia
« Reply #234 on: 05 10, 2014, 10:08:40 am »
For me, the best thing on CIT was dropping drugs. It gave something fun into gameplay.
I remember there is a game (name isn't important) where admins were walking around and then randomly dropped rewards. Those rewards were things that were rare on the server.
All in all, I would suggest bringing back ability to drop drugs aswell as money, possibly something else.
We have made tons of events with that system and it was something that brought more fun into hosting parties.

Grenades and projectiles should be disabled.
Why? It is just unfair to play against grenades. For me it isn't fun when I want a fair gun-on-gun fight and then enemies start to spam grenades.

There was an arguement; "Grenades give a chance for smaller groups to defend. With grenade you can defend turf against "cracks"."
I think that with a little bit of organization, small groups can defend and claim turfs against "cracks".

Cracks also buy grenades, and they also spam it. And it is more annoying that you cannot even leave a turf if you want, as you are dead instantly from all those grenades.

There is too many commands that we can use and F1 guideline is a bit hard to read, hard to find what you are looking for.
And there is too many commands for same thing. For example; /crimevents, /crimevents update. There was also /banktime (didn't test it if its still there). It all gives same information.
As an old player on  CIT I know where to look, how to find commands, where to ask etc. New players do not. And we can't just tell them ask in support for every single command that they don't know. Making some GUIs more "newbie-friendly" would be a good start in my opinion. I would rather see few more buttons to click, than to scroll over 400 commands.

Staff behaviour and mentallity should change. At least some people in staff should change their behaviour.
I would like to point out that staffs should firstly be the ones who help. After helping, you host events, deal punishments etc.
I guess you will know the best what to do, but in my opinion some players aren't in staff team to help.

Best regards,
ZanSlovenia

Toby

« Reply #235 on: 05 10, 2014, 10:21:04 am »
For me, the best thing on CIT was dropping drugs. It gave something fun into gameplay.
I remember there is a game (name isn't important) where admins were walking around and then randomly dropped rewards. Those rewards were things that were rare on the server.
All in all, I would suggest bringing back ability to drop drugs aswell as money, possibly something else.
We have made tons of events with that system and it was something that brought more fun into hosting parties.

There is too many commands that we can use and F1 guideline is a bit hard to read, hard to find what you are looking for.
And there is too many commands for same thing. For example; /crimevents, /crimevents update. There was also /banktime (didn't test it if its still there). It all gives same information.
As an old player on  CIT I know where to look, how to find commands, where to ask etc. New players do not. And we can't just tell them ask in support for every single command that they don't know. Making some GUIs more "newbie-friendly" would be a good start in my opinion. I would rather see few more buttons to click, than to scroll over 400 commands.

Staff behaviour and mentallity should change. At least some people in staff should change their behaviour.
I would like to point out that staffs should firstly be the ones who help. After helping, you host events, deal punishments etc.
I guess you will know the best what to do, but in my opinion some players aren't in staff team to help.

Best regards,
ZanSlovenia

Agree with you, but....

Grenades and projectiles should be disabled.
Why? It is just unfair to play against grenades. For me it isn't fun when I want a fair gun-on-gun fight and then enemies start to spam grenades.

There was an arguement; "Grenades give a chance for smaller groups to defend. With grenade you can defend turf against "cracks"."
I think that with a little bit of organization, small groups can defend and claim turfs against "cracks".

Cracks also buy grenades, and they also spam it. And it is more annoying that you cannot even leave a turf if you want, as you are dead instantly from all those grenades.

What are you talking about? :fp:
If you can't play against grenades, then buy some and start to spam like your enemy. Why not? Don't have enough money your arguement? Then leave LV.
Right now you aren't active player, I didn't seen you in-game about 1-2 weeks. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm active player and online everyday about 4-5 hours.
Grenades is avesome thing for LV and in my opinion nades won't be disabled. Nades were used always/nades usefull right now/everyone always will use them.
Here we're trying to get old LV back and you just said "Grenades and projectiles should be disabled."?
Oh god.
« Last Edit: 05 10, 2014, 10:25:35 am by t0bY|5th »

Offline ZanSlovenia

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: |C|ZanSlovenia
« Reply #236 on: 05 10, 2014, 10:31:46 am »
Whatever.
Since I was inactive last year, now I am inactive for everyone all the time.  :fp:

I gave you my opinion as I would like proper wars and not grenades mayhem.

Offline Dr.Chip

• New Community Member
  • Ingame: Dr.Chip
« Reply #237 on: 05 10, 2014, 10:42:04 am »
Ahh, You're talking about old LV then. Okay, Let's start this. In old LV as I remember, Grenades were not a reliable source in fighting. Actually, We didn't use it at all. We used to call the group using grenades by "Noobs" as they can't fight gun to gun. Had too many arguments about it in LV chat and then all of LV started using grenades. After that grenade mayhem I didn't really like LV like many others, But I got used to it. For me, It's more fun to play gun to gun than just spamming grenades everywhere. I agree with what Zan said.

Offline IronMan

• Honorable
  • Group: DeltaTeam
« Reply #238 on: 05 10, 2014, 10:53:21 am »
There's another suggestion which was in old CIT.

Maybe you remember we had /dropcash <amount> OR /dropmoney <amount> we were having fun whenever there was parties by staff/admin as we say events, peoples were dropping money and others were finding it which was very good and people were enjoying, so brining it back would be great but due to hackers, so I have a solution for it which is, You will be able to drop money/cash only in staff/admin events OR maybe only staff/admin can drop money so if a person want to drop money in party he will go to the staff/admin (who hosted) and send him money and the staff will drop it and announce.

Regards, IronMan

Offline Ghost05

• Discord: aliimaher
« Reply #239 on: 05 10, 2014, 10:54:50 am »
Everyone cares about LV and its damn noobish wars lol.

Yes, we should:
- Bring back the old drug-selling system.

-
- Players feel CIT has become 'Pay2Win' with donators just simply buying their millions where as normal people have to work their ass off for it.
Indeed. The best system ever made in CIT, was the donation system, when Arran used to lock down the donating system for weeks or even months. We could rarely see a VIP in-game. Rarely see jetpacks. Now, jetpacks and VIP are everywhere. Arran should do what he used to do, and it is locking down the donating system like old days.

- Since the server are now lacked of that "Some RP" part, we are in need of new ideas. I don't know why everyone just cares about his money, turfing, war, etc. nothing about peace even!!

So, what I wanted to suggest is removing that F7 system. Well, nowadays, players don't even meet eachothers and new players do NOT meet old/experienced players or making new friendship within all CIT. One of those things which were used in CIT, was the drug-selling system, the another one was selling guns/ammo. Players used to use the '/drop' command. Yes, some players were scammed. So, now, I suggest removing the F7 selling market system and improve that old system using /drop. How? So, a player would advertise in F10 (This will increase using it, as well) for selling/buying. The one who is selling/buying would contact him and the would meet each other to complete the deal. That system would be a little bit like the F7 Market, but smaller. The player has to write a command so a GUI would appear and the player should write the one whom he wants to sell to. Yes, exactly the same as F7, but we need something to change, so the player can ONLY sell to players near him and to the whole CIT players.

Another idea instead of using a command or w/e, is using the old-drug-selling system, but for selling everything, since players, nowadays, drive around and gain money from F7 by just trading by pressing only 1 button.
- Bring back the old and first BR interior. What interior? That garage at the end of LV Casino.
Original Founder of
ReaXioN | LynX | eXodus