Author Topic: CIT Folding Competition + Group  (Read 42141 times)

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: CIT Folding Competition + Group
« Reply #60 on: 10 04, 2013, 05:54:45 am »
Well thats really nice if I can help like that and i'll try to do all the steps very carefully and yes I love to help everyone if I can.

Comon guys lets goo for it if it will save someone's life then you guys must do this. And we can also get some disease like this so we will be happy if someone help us like this procedure so think of those people who are facing those diseases.

And its really nice of Arran I wanna say thanks to him and even if I won't get top 50 i'll be happy that i've tried to save someone.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

pablorex192

« Reply #61 on: 10 04, 2013, 05:57:55 am »
As is possible I can Help to that people that need help, As always I say: Help to the people that need it because that will bring blessings and goodness. Arran Thanks for take a look to that topic and I really think that the people that want help will follow your instructions. Only think that we are helping... It make me happy.

BM_Icecold

« Reply #62 on: 10 04, 2013, 07:07:24 am »
I think I did something wrong.. I couldn't find the web option. It went directly to Identify.
Should I re-install or this is how it looks??

CorkoKiller

« Reply #63 on: 10 04, 2013, 07:23:58 am »
At work now but this sounds interesting I will give it a try once at home.
If I can save a life by clicking a button then why wouldnt i

Offline Ryan.

• Honorable
  • Skillers™
« Reply #64 on: 10 04, 2013, 09:10:15 am »
Well that's really a nice thing if all of us can help someone as a group. Also, If we are two brothers then? Currently its about 5% for my brother but if I also wanna do this thing then I must wait for my brother's to get completed right?

Also, If we get disconnected then? I saw it was continued so it means that if we do it in 2 days (As it is saying 2 days left for 100%) it will be added in one turn?

Last thing, What is PPD? is that the point where we get ranking in our homepage right? And what is WU? And whats the use of GPU? Why should we turn it on? Will it be proved more helpful to people?

Thats all thanx.
« Last Edit: 10 04, 2013, 09:13:58 am by RyanFTW »
I am not "Ex." anything, I have proudly served this community as: SK Founder,
 Developer, L3 staff, L2 staff, Supporter, Minister of Fairness, PAM, CB, PC, SO, Senior Community Member and of course, a rule abiding player. Peace.

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #65 on: 10 04, 2013, 09:15:49 am »
Turned everything off, only have the program running and so far so great! Let's make a change to this world, shall we :)?

Folding@Home at Full over here and only 38% CPU usage  ???

Try putting the laptop (if you use a laptop ofcourse) in energy saving mode/power eco mode. It works for me :P

I think I did something wrong.. I couldn't find the web option. It went directly to Identify.
Should I re-install or this is how it looks??

Wait mine did the same thing... Is that wrong then? And I only have one that says CPU:2, lol... Am I blonde or what xD
By the way, read your e-mails dude, 5k+ emails  :o ;)
« Last Edit: 10 04, 2013, 09:25:44 am by Cherry »

wannabe69

« Reply #66 on: 10 04, 2013, 09:27:43 am »
Well that's really a nice thing if all of us can help someone as a group. Also, If we are two brothers then? Currently its about 5% for my brother but if I also wanna do this thing then I must wait for my brother's to get completed right?

Also, If we get disconnected then? I saw it was continued so it means that if we do it in 2 days (As it is saying 2 days left for 100%) it will be added in one turn?

Last thing, What is PPD? is that the point where we get ranking in our homepage right? And what is WU? And whats the use of GPU? Why should we turn it on? Will it be proved more helpful to people?

Thats all thanx.

PPD is the amount of points you get when you complete the task its given

About the gpu read this and understand how everything works:
http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-highperformance

Turned everything off, only have the program running and so far so great! Let's make a change to this world, shall we :)?

Folding@Home at Full over here and only 38% CPU usage  ???

Try putting the laptop (if you use a laptop ofcourse) in energy saving mode/power eco mode. It works for me :P

Wait mine did the same thing... Is that wrong then? And I only have one that says CPU:2, lol... Am I blonde or what xD
By the way, read your e-mails dude, 5k+ emails  :o ;)

People that are having issues : download latest java http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp then activate the account with the serial provided in you email.
Guys Gpu is not same has CPU , you have your processor working on a task and your Graphic card processor working on another task , so you will have the 2x points and help 2x more.
« Last Edit: 10 04, 2013, 09:50:13 am by Chulo »

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #67 on: 10 04, 2013, 09:55:11 am »
People that are having issues : download latest java http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp then activate the account with the serial provided in you email.
Guys Gpu is not same has CPU , you have your processor working on a task and your Graphic card processor working on another task , so you will have the 2x points and help 2x more.

I have the latest Java. And I know GPU ain't the same as CPU. I already activated my account with my serial. We were just wondering why it went straight to Identification. But that's normal, it's supposed to ;)
Thanks for your concern anyways.

wannabe69

« Reply #68 on: 10 04, 2013, 10:06:22 am »
I have the latest Java. And I know GPU ain't the same as CPU. I already activated my account with my serial. We were just wondering why it went straight to Identification. But that's normal, it's supposed to ;)
Thanks for your concern anyways.

No problem, i just wanted to explain to people that did not knew or did not got it working.

wannabe69

« Reply #69 on: 10 04, 2013, 10:29:26 am »
I did like 5% yesterday and now I started it again. I got 0% again and my status is :"Ready" not "Running". Any help please?

Have you drag the the slider to ldle/medium/full like here in the ss:
Show content

bryanzzzz

« Reply #70 on: 10 04, 2013, 10:36:50 am »
Good Luck To The Winners...  ;D ;D

wannabe69

« Reply #71 on: 10 04, 2013, 10:40:46 am »

The problem is that I get:" Frame timer error" in the advance control log. My status is :"Ready" not "Running"

Are you trying to use gpu processing or just normal?
Can you provide a screenshot with error??

Edit try this from  their support forum:
Were you able to look at the running processes in Task Manager? I seem to recall (at some point in the distant past) finding an orphaned FAHClient process running after executing 'Quit' from FAHControl (when FAHClient was started by FAHControl). Try doing that (executing 'Quit' from FAHControl) and seeing if a rogue FAHClient process is still running. Perhaps it (FAHClient) somehow failed to trap a signal intended to shut it down. I used the Task Manager 'End Process' button to kill the rogue FAHClient.
« Last Edit: 10 04, 2013, 12:18:43 pm by Chulo »

Sefg

« Reply #72 on: 10 04, 2013, 10:42:20 am »
Can I connect several computers to the same account?

Offline Cheeze

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Cheeze
« Reply #73 on: 10 04, 2013, 11:14:20 am »
Can I connect several computers to the same account?
Yes, just identify with the same username and passkey.

HeatBlast

« Reply #74 on: 10 04, 2013, 12:18:39 pm »
Hoo Finally, its 1.1% ^_^