Author Topic: Custom Clothes Store Now Open  (Read 57479 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Custom Clothes Store Now Open
« on: 20 06, 2013, 06:02:04 pm »

You can now buy custom clothes for CJ at the clothes shop. Custom means that a member of the community modified the appearance of an existing clothing item, they submit it to us and then using the script I just made, accessible ingame. When you buy a custom clothing item, 100% of the cost goes into the bank account of the designer.

We need you to make some custom clothing items! We can modify everything but the tattoos. This works the same way as the alternate skin system meaning that we can add infinite clothing items, it does take some time though.

Video on how to do it by Crystalii

1. Download and extract TXD Workshop: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/download.php?f=27168
2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models and copy player.img to your desktop or wherever you want (You don't have to copy it but it helps in case you break the file)
3. Open txdworkshop.exe then click "Open IMG" and select the player.img you copied. If you get an error when trying to open the file, try run txdworkshop as administrator.
4. Find the clothing item you want to modify: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/CJ_Clothes and make note of it's texture name and model name (eg: "Texture: vestblack Model: vest")
5. If you managed to open player.img correctly a list of .dff and .txd files will have appeared in the column on the left in the txdworkshop. Go past the .dff and if your texture was "vestblack" click on any of the files and press "v" so that it goes to the file beginning with "v".
6. Once you've found it, you'll see that it's just 1 image although in the game it's not flat. The texture is applied to the model in the game to make it shaped. Click "export" then click "PNG" and save it some where. Tip: save 2 copies, so you can see how it originally looks and go back to it if you mess it up.
7. Now open the PNG file that you saved and modify it however you want. When saving it DO NOT SAVE IN HIGH QUALITY, the maximum size it should be is 260kb. (Remember that 10,000's of players have to download it)
8. To make sure it worked you should then click "import" and select the file, click "save TXD" now I'm not actually sure since I haven't done this and I'm just guessing that player.img has now been modified so if you backup your player.img and then put this player.img in your GTA installation start the game and see if it was modified. It is strongly recommended that you check to make sure it worked as you will most certainly go wrong at some point. If you submit a fail to us we will get really angry and your work won't get added.
9. Make sure you've got: texture name, model name, what body part it replaces (eg Shirt) and your ingame account name (cAsE SeNsItIve) to receive money when people buy your clothing item.
10. Read this topic: http://cit2.net/index.php?topic=81078.0

WE WILL NOT ADD ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE, OFFENSIVE, TROLLISH, ETC.
SUBMITTING A MOD THAT YOU COPIED FROM THE INTERNET OR DID NOT CREATE AND CLAIMING IT AS YOUR CREATION IS NOT PERMITTED AND WILL RESULT IN A THREE MONTH BAN ON YOUR SERIAL AND ACCOUNT FOR FRAUD AND COPYRIGHT THEFT. You may however use copied images if they are not from a clothing mod. As it says in red, you must declare the original creator of any submissions you make if they're not made by you.
« Last Edit: 12 07, 2013, 01:09:12 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Parkuse.

Re: Custom Clothes Store Now Open
« Reply #1 on: 20 06, 2013, 06:06:13 pm »
So it once you modify the skin and customize it , it officialy gets added to the server and everyone is able to see it ?

Offline rounder

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #2 on: 20 06, 2013, 06:09:10 pm »
Well, its a great feature, we can get more clothes plus it would be nice for those who are skilled on making/editing clothes as they'll get paid.

Keep it up.

So it once you modify the skin and customize it , it officialy gets added to the server and everyone is able to see it ?

10. Keep hold of it because I need to teach Brian how to add them first.
« Last Edit: 20 06, 2013, 06:12:46 pm by R'ounder »

reivinDica

« Reply #3 on: 20 06, 2013, 06:25:36 pm »
Cool Update.....
We need Request the Clouths here?!?!?
I will Put Shirts and Trousers and Maybe Tennis...
We can Add A Simple Format here?!?

Parkuse.

« Reply #4 on: 20 06, 2013, 06:27:18 pm »
Cool Update.....
I will Put Shirts and Trousers and Maybe Tennis...
We can Add A Simple Format here?!?
Check what Arran said :
Quote from: Arran

nadoura

« Reply #5 on: 20 06, 2013, 06:47:50 pm »
I couldn't understand this part
5. If you managed to open player.img correctly a list of .dff and .txd files will have appeared in the column on the left in the txdworkshop. Go past the .dff and if your texture was "vestblack" click on any of the files and press "v" so that it goes to the file beginning with "v".
t.

Parkuse.

« Reply #6 on: 20 06, 2013, 06:56:53 pm »
I couldn't understand this part
Once you've press the v letter , everything that has in the begginning of it the letter "v" will pop up.

QosaiSawaed

« Reply #7 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:01:40 pm »
You can now buy custom clothes for CJ at the clothes shop. Custom means that a member of the community modified the appearance of an existing clothing item, they submit it to us and then using the script I just made, accessible ingame. When you buy a custom clothing item, 100% of the cost goes into the bank account of the designer.

Only 4 different colored shirts and 3 bandanna's have been added so far, I will train Brian in adding submissions and then there will be some more, but first we need you to make some custom clothing items! We can modify everything but the tattoos. This works the same way as the alternate skin system meaning that we can add infinite clothing items, it does take some time though.

1. Download and extract TXD Workshop: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/f722-txd-workshop-40b
2. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models and copy player.img to your desktop or wherever you want (You don't have to copy it but it helps in case you break the file)
3. Open txdworkshop.exe then click "Open IMG" and select the player.img you copied. If you get an error when trying to open the file, try run txdworkshop as administrator.
4. Find the clothing item you want to modify: http://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/CJ_Clothes and make note of it's texture name and model name (eg: "Texture: vestblack Model: vest")
6. Once you've found it, you'll see that it's just 1 image although in the game it's not flat. The texture is applied to the model in the game to make it shaped. Click "export" then click "PNG" and save it some where. Tip: save 2 copies, so you can see how it originally looks and go back to it if you mess it up.
7. Now open the PNG file that you saved and modify it however you want. When saving it DO NOT SAVE IN HIGH QUALITY, the maximum size it should be is 260kb. (Remember that 10,000's of players have to download it)
8. To make sure it worked you should then click "import" and select the file, click "save TXD" now I'm not actually sure since I haven't done this and I'm just guessing that player.img has now been modified so if you backup your player.img and then put this player.img in your GTA installation start the game and see if it was modified. It is strongly recommended that you check to make sure it worked as you will most certainly go wrong at some point. If you submit a fail to us we will get really angry and your work won't get added.
9. Make sure you've got: texture name, model name, what body part it replaces (eg Shirt) and your ingame account name (cAsE SeNsItIve) to receive money when people buy your clothing item.
well you can make video how to work ?

CloudChaos

« Reply #8 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:02:36 pm »
I'm having trouble running 'txdworkshop.exe'. I can't even run it as administrator because I don't know what is the password needed. Any solutions?

Parkuse.

« Reply #9 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:03:44 pm »
I'm having trouble running 'txdworkshop.exe'. I can't even run it as administrator because I don't know what is the password needed. Any solutions?
You can download it from another website. Like gtagarage.com

Samo

« Reply #10 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:14:38 pm »
Bristol gtagarage.com it's not working or can't understand it's not useful.

Offline SinovenatoR

• Honorable
  • Hi there โ—”โ—กโ—”
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:20:44 pm »
Can I customize a T-shirt with my name on it ? :P

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #12 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:23:36 pm »
well you can make video how to work ?

1. You make the skin with the tools provided, TXD workshop and an imaging editing software ( gimp, Photoshop etc ). You make the new re-coloured clothes etc and save it as described, then you test it in your own game to see if it works and if it's any good. When it's good and working, save it somewhere for the future ( for when players can finally add their txd's ).

2. No, you make the clothes, it's not difficult.

3. Plenty of tutorials on YT or Google, search '' making custom clothes / skins in GTA SA '' or something.

Make the clothes, save it and test it, when it works, save it in a folder so you don't forget it. When Brian finally knows how to add skins, afaik we'll be able to submit skins aswell, thus adding player skins.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline Carrefour

• Donator L1
  • Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Carrefour
  • Squad: ECF
« Reply #13 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:37:54 pm »
Can we make clothes for a clan???
Remember, behind every dark cloud, an occluded front is waiting to strike.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 20 06, 2013, 07:41:20 pm »
Can we make clothes for a clan???

We only want skins that will appeal to most players.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.