Author Topic: [Nuko] "/cancelcountd" command for both PCs and CBs  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Gnar2

• Regular Community Member
  • Ex Regular Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GLA
  • Ingame: SSC-Gnar[GLA]
  • Squad: The_Society
[Nuko] "/cancelcountd" command for both PCs and CBs
« on: 31 07, 2021, 06:27:30 pm »
Hello
I'll go straight to the point.. As a Police Chief, I have been through alot of situations before when I set a countdown for the cops in any kind of robbery (especially CEs) and suddenly the amount of people changes or decreases, and it's quite embarrassing and difficult if you find yourself in these kind of situations where you have to spam the chat to prevent the cops/criminals to not to rush or push after doing "/policecountd" for cops or "/crimcountd" for criminals. So I am suggesting to add a new command for both sides which is "/cancelcountd" which is obviously to cancel the countdown that is still active. So after typing the command, a line will show up on the screen (if it is blue or red according to the side color) that shows the countdown got canceled, for example "Countdown has been canceled" or something. It will be looking like this, I did it with microsoft paint so excuse the bad quality of the words but it's similar to that

-What's the point of this suggestion?
The point of this suggestion is to avoid losing an event if this happens, and some people would say that we should easily ask them not to rush, trust me it's quite difficult to assure that all of the people heard what you're pointing at or if our number got decreased or not, so better have this command to be appeared on their screens if PCs or CBs decided to cancel the countdown while it's still active, to assure that everyone saw that the countdown is  canceled and the plan is being changed.

Edit: Instead of having a brand new script for a new command, a new script can be done on setting the countdown to 0. On one condition, which is to show that the countdown got canceled with a line of words on their screen "Countdown has been canceled"
« Last Edit: 19 09, 2021, 04:56:44 pm by Danzy »

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
Re: "/cancelcountd" command for both PCs and CBs
« Reply #1 on: 31 07, 2021, 06:40:21 pm »
Yes, this sould be added. I think this is a feature that really missed from the countdown.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
« Reply #2 on: 31 07, 2021, 06:44:29 pm »
Could just use 0 to cancel, instead of creating a new command.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #3 on: 31 07, 2021, 10:34:08 pm »
What about CEM?  :thonk:
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Known.

YearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 31 07, 2021, 10:35:21 pm »

What about them?

Offline Gnar2

• Ex Regular Police Chief
  • Ingame: SSC-Gnar[GLA]
  • Squad: The_Society
« Reply #5 on: 01 08, 2021, 08:22:45 am »

As I mentioned before, the point of it is to show to the people that the countdown got canceled so the plan has to go to a change to prevent them from rushing or whatever what's going on to avoid losing players who are participating, also I have a year of an experience as a Police Chief and I said this is also about them not fully noticing what's going on, since some of them are usually focusing on "GO" to appear so spamming the chat to have them not to rush is spammy and repetitive that's quiet annoying, in my opinion having a line of words showing up on their screens after typing the command will atleast increase the chance of not having any of them rushing.
I think setting it to 0, "GO" will show up anyway gotta try it out
« Last Edit: 01 08, 2021, 08:24:27 am by Gnar2 »

Offline Babushka

• Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #6 on: 01 08, 2021, 04:05:18 pm »
Idk about adding a new command or a bind to cancel the countdown. But yeah, there should be an option for the team leaders to stop the count down whenever they think it fails or the plan changes suddenly. Voting Positive  :tick:

I guess there are already commands to stop/edit the countdown I am not sure tho

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member

Offline Monster

• Don't be a boss, be a leader.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Monster
« Reply #7 on: 02 08, 2021, 01:24:02 am »
 Well as a PC, I can imagine this and understand it 100%, sometimes things change in fast and unexpected way while you're doing your countdown, especially for countdowns that's for more than 10 seconds. I'm actually positive fully with this suggestion, but I prefer showing a key to press, so it cancels your countdown.
 Something like " Press 'C' to cancel your countdown (Don't take "C" itself, take the idea. :tick:

Former FBI's Director, and current ADV.
Ex INTERPOL squad Overseer and current Advisor
Ex Anti_Riot_Squad Founder

Offline GaMeFeR

• Pirus Co-Founder
  • Long live to Pirus.
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: [CIT]GaMeFeR
« Reply #8 on: 02 08, 2021, 05:44:25 am »
I believe that our fellow Criminal Bosses and Police Chiefs sometimes makes mistakes that cannot be reversed your suggestion would be great to be implemented so like this our fellow CBs/PCs would be able to revert that mistake. I'm supporting.

SCM | Ex L2 Staff
Ex Guider & Applications Handler
| Ex Head DJ | Ex ICM
November 3rd 2020: @GaMeFeR Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + FMMs

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #9 on: 02 08, 2021, 01:46:52 pm »
Well, this one is really indeed for  current CBs and PCs in server because they are going to do a countdown but sadly the other team are going to rush or what ever that makes the countdown need to cancel but in the same time PC/CBs can't because there is no command for that, adding this type of command will be very helpful for current CB/PCs, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline FearLess

• The Art of Kindness.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Special Forces
  • Ingame: Fearless
  • Squad: INTERPOL
« Reply #10 on: 02 08, 2021, 05:19:05 pm »
Because I'm a chief, I've faced this problem somehow. Let me explain the whole situation. Sometimes I use a countdown when I see the cops are ready for rushing. So while the countdown is going, I see that they received a backup somehow. So at that time, I feel obsessive because I can't cancel it, so, indeed, thank you for that idea because it might help us a lot in the armed robberies and criminal events.

Well as a PC, I can imagine this and understand it 100%, sometimes things change in fast and unexpected way while you're doing your countdown, especially for countdowns that's for more than 10 seconds. I'm actually positive fully with this suggestion, but I prefer showing a key to press, so it cancels your countdown.
 Something like " Press 'C' to cancel your countdown (Don't take "C" itself, take the idea. :tick:

I prefer to use a key to cancel it. As monster said in his reply.
Supporting
"The hated man is the result of his hater's pride rather than his hater's conscience."

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #11 on: 07 08, 2021, 11:20:12 pm »
8 Positive votes. Next review will be done next week
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Myth.

• One day you’ll thank yourself for never giving up.
  • Ingame: Myth
« Reply #12 on: 08 08, 2021, 05:32:52 pm »
I think Police chiefs and Criminal Bosses will need this feature, as they can make a mistake while using the countdown or maybe to change the whole plan given to players, and then they want to cancel it. Imo, this suggestion looks important and im supporting it.
-Positive :tick:

"Self-confidence terrifies your enemies, no matter how strong they are."
"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
"No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again."

Offline Molly

• Donator L3
  • Be The Best Version Of Yourself
  • Ingame: Molly
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #13 on: 09 08, 2021, 10:13:21 am »
This will help change the current situation where the number of people increases/decreases within the period of time when the countdown has started.
Allowing a cancellation of the countdown wouldn’t hurt, as I know many people are too focused fighting in CE to not notice someone saying not to rush after the countdown has initiated.

I’ll vote positive on this suggestion :tick:
If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "Please", I'll say "No" because it's shorter than "Yes".
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.

Offline Mitrok

• Donator L1
  • لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: Mitrok
« Reply #14 on: 09 08, 2021, 11:26:47 am »
Vampire has a point. /countd 0 to cancel is perfect. A whole new command is just gonna be long line to type imo. Setting it to 0 will make it automatically canceled if command is entered.  :thumb:
Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo