Author Topic: [Arran] Adding a Free Vehicle Tune shop Inside The Apartment Dim+Car shops.  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Sleuth

• Senior Community Member
  • Dust
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
What kind of criteria your suggestion holds: Reduces an inconvenience.&Beneficial to new players. &Increases entertainment.

CONCLUSION
-Addition of command /modshop to spawn a modshop circle on the position you stand on and it could be used by anyone else as well.
-Could be removed via command /remove modshop incase you need to create one somewhere else etc.
-It works in Apartment dimension not in any other (CEMs could figure a way to create crazy events with such feature but that's another story I guess.)
-The modshop sells everything for 0$ and isn't limited to tuning only it includes everything for each vehicle in a regular modshop when spawned in the Apartment dimension.
-Adding a free tune panel at car and motorcycle shops that tunes the car you choose when you use it in the vehicle test dimension.

1st: Adding the tune panel to vehicle shops.

NOTE: This shouldn't affect the main concept of this suggestion if it can't be added. (I think it probably can be as other panels already exist and it is just a matter of integrating the panel there but I just have to guard the idea.)

Adding a free tune panel to car dealer shops+Motorcycle shops at that place to test them in the same dimension we are warped to when we test a vehicle.

And I mean this panel to be added there

This is so much help for newbies as 99% of them will have no idea about the Apartment thing plus it will save many efforts that one will have to go through if it is added. This addition was suggested by Uncledrew.

Below you'll find the full story including why this must be added.

I've had this idea months ago but it was rejected for lack of demonstration I guess.

As you see we are in a server where people drive vehicles on 250KPH+ all over the state and especially cars. Whether they are civilians, criminals, cops, everyone drives cars for whatever duty/work they are doing and even for fun. And the important point is, Most of these people drive tuned vehicles (Whether cars or motorcycles),
 Un-tuned vehicles make the game quite unplayable if you are using them to get a job done or explore the map as we all do. There are specific vehicles that are overused by each side like the Banshee, Cheetah, Cybertruck and the list goes on.

The question is, Why does no one try out other vehicles that aren't commonly used even if they might like them? The answer is simple, Because they need to spend 4k+ Engine parts and waste millions of dollars just to fully tune a vehicle that might not fit them or be worth it in the end.

The solution here is adding "/Modshop" command that only works in apartment dimension/special dimensions and by doing that command you spawn a 0$ totally free modshop on the area you're standing at and then you could spawn any car/MC and tune it for 0 engine parts or add any modifications/wheels/variants etc, Everything for free in it and you spend 0 engine parts while tuning it which means you can max out the vehicle in any way you want and test so you wouldn't spend millions of dollars on engine parts excluding the vehicle's price just to get scammed in the end and no, The statistics for every vehicle at the car dealer shop only indicate the vehicle's statistics before its tuned and aren't even accurate at all. This will only apply to vehicles that are actually tune-able in the main dimension.

Not to mention the huge effect this will have on apartment racing events and PIT Trainings that are never accurate because you can't compare tuned to un-tuned. I think this should've been added a long time ago but here we are now.
« Last Edit: 28 09, 2020, 09:31:20 am by Vampire »

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
Re: Adding a 0$ Modshop Inside The Apartment Dimension.
« Reply #1 on: 16 08, 2020, 04:23:00 am »
Engine parts are very expensive to buy for testing a vehicle. I like your idea because it will help players to be specific with which car will they tuned, it will also improve activities that can be done inside an apartment like racing, drifting, RP and a lot. This suggestion is very useful to new players too. I am supporting you
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline LDLnguyen

• New Community Member
  • -Life is beautiful
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: K3chievers
  • Ingame: LDLnguyen
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #2 on: 16 08, 2020, 07:32:13 am »
I think this would be great and useful for quite a few people but who are selling engine parts? If the player can use the engine part safely then the people selling the engine part won't make a profit, I know although the engine part can do a lot of other things too but opinion Although it was very useful and I liked this too but in my opinion it was unnecessary as this would make the engine part no longer a bulk purchased item, so I won't support this for now but I will continue to follow this topic and read more comments and maybe I will change my mind too.
run fast fall hurt.

Offline Sleuth

• Dust
« Reply #3 on: 16 08, 2020, 07:46:46 am »
In the main dimension, at SF airport there is a mod shop on the west side, near the entrance. I'm sure this can be used in apartment dimension instead of relocating another. Thereafter I suppose you can test your vehicle on the airport strip so I don't see a need to have many modshops around the map, just 1. (Just my opinion)

I strongly support this POSITIVE

Well, This won't go the way things are supposed to be for training hosts as they'll literally have to take their vehicles all the way from place to a whole other place just for this and same for race hosts. Iam not against it but not adding the "/Modshop" command will waste more time and make it harder and be totally unnecessary as adding the command to spawn a Modshop on the place you stand on is not really that hard as far as I know and will sum it up pretty well for everyone that wants to go anywhere on the map(Stunts included).

I think this would be great and useful for quite a few people but who are selling engine parts? If the player can use the engine part safely then the people selling the engine part won't make a profit, I know although the engine part can do a lot of other things too but opinion Although it was very useful and I liked this too but in my opinion it was unnecessary as this would make the engine part no longer a bulk purchased item, so I won't support this for now but I will continue to follow this topic and read more comments and maybe I will change my mind too.

If we follow this logic then we might as well remove /repair from special dimensions, Right? So we could buy tons of repair kits to use in an empty dimension that's made for fun and where people go crazy with vehicles etc? This as well might apply to buying a vehicle from a car dealer IRL but you don't get to see/test the vehicle so the dealer makes profit. Then when you find out that the vehicle is something else entirely as the first time you'll ever drive it is when its completely yours with no returns which is scamming. Modern racing games probably have this feature and they don't remove it so you could buy special gears for the car and end up getting scammed because you could've chosen something that fits you more. This idea literally improves the situation for engine parts' sellers as you keep discovering new vehicles that fit you and your style so you buy more and more to feel that awesomeness you had tested by yourself and face no unfairness at all. Nobody buys engine parts for vehicles they don't know unless they have billions in their ATM. And that's why we see people frequently resorting to Banshee/Cheetah/Cybertruck/Police LS/Police SF/Dune ,Because they have been tested hundreds of times and everyone knows their capabilities but other vehicles? They rather not lose their money. I did this move once as far as I remember and lost a respectful amount of money and never did it again. This addition helps uncover better vehicles of your choice and this will surely make engine part sellers profit way way more as people won't only go for the vehicles I mentioned but way more than that as they'll finally have access to check the goods they're buying.
« Last Edit: 16 08, 2020, 08:02:10 am by Mohammad. »

Offline MR.Beat

• Global Army Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Always fight for the thing that you love
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GLA / ECU
  • Ingame: MR.Beat
« Reply #4 on: 16 08, 2020, 11:37:11 am »
It's a great idea, it will help the players to choose their vehicles carefully, and they can try the vehicle without any problems, also they can make races or such things. The apartments might be more active because of this addition, so I will be Positive with your suggestion.
You will be okay, storms don't last forever
Apply for Global Army

Offline Linh-sama#<3

• New Community Member
  • Just be myself
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: whatever
  • Ingame: Linh-Sama
  • Squad: whatever
« Reply #5 on: 16 08, 2020, 05:50:31 pm »
As you can see there are many players complaining about should I buy this car? when standing in a car store, as their money only allows them to use a reasonable amount otherwise they will spend time reclaiming lost income when they sell the car, we can add /Modshop  feature at our apartment so that we can test appropriate vehicles when we want to buy and spend more reasonably for new players joining the game
My vote is Positive :tick:

Offline Jasper

• New Community Member
  • الشهداء لا يخلفون ورائهم أيتاماً بل مشاريع ثأر
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: XXX
  • Squad: XXX
« Reply #6 on: 16 08, 2020, 06:51:34 pm »
 I believe that this suggestion will help to improve the apartments system in the server as it'll force players to buy more apartements and find more activites to do, adding this will give them the ability to choose which car they should tune and not waste all their money. Upvoting  :tick:
x
2013 CIT Player and Proud.

Offline Ths

• State Official
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 16 08, 2020, 07:16:10 pm »
This suggestion is nice to get a better future for apartment because spending millions of dollar just to upgrade your car in an apartment but in the end it would be useless because it will not be saved because its dimension this is a great idea I don't see anything harmful in this suggestion I'm going to vote Positive! Good luck with the other votes pal!
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Added Ths as Associate State Official. (SO Team)
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Forager

• guest61234 ~ 83079
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Forager
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #8 on: 16 08, 2020, 09:25:08 pm »
I got confused at first glance about your title but in further understanding, it is indeed very interesting. First of all, adding this inside the apartment will enable the players to test drive their vehicles or even make activities inside having their desired modified vehicles. I also agree to the reasons why other vehicles aren't much used by players and one of the reasons is taking the risk of modifying those vehicles with lots of engine parts and in the end it will not be worth the risk. You suggest here that after /spawning a vehicle, players can do /modshop for instant modify without going into modshops in the map, and this is also possible because you are inside of your apartment and that dimension is owned by you so I think it can be a perks of having an apartment. Also, adding this feature can be interesting for players to rent their own apartment. Upvoting this.  :tick:
Have Courage and Be Kind <3

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 16 08, 2020, 09:32:21 pm »
Engine parts are very expensive to buy for testing a vehicle. I like your idea because it will help players to be specific with which car will they tuned, it will also improve activities that can be done inside an apartment like racing, drifting, RP and a lot. This suggestion is very useful to new players too. I am supporting you
I completely agree with this point, it is always exhausting to race in the main dimension or drift with high speed tuned vehicles because of lag, and other players, not to mention that in apartments you can create amazing racing/drifting tracks that could be amazing if vehicle tune is supported.

I also suggest that when you put a tune on a specific vehicle, even if you re-spawn it with /createveh command it will have the same tune being saved.

Offline Sleuth

• Dust
« Reply #10 on: 16 08, 2020, 11:33:36 pm »
I also suggest that when you put a tune on a specific vehicle, even if you re-spawn it with /createveh command it will have the same tune being saved.

I don't know if this is possible or not reply to me if developers could add it and if yes, I'll add it into the suggestion.

Offline Liso

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
Honestly, It's a good idea. Many players already were asking how to test their vehicle while it's tuned but unfortunately they are not able to do it as long as that feature doesn't exist. So, if there is a feature like it's stated in the suggestion it might improve the vehicle system itself, since we are able to test the vehicles using test vehicles. As it's written, some of players are wasting around 8007 engine parts in order to fully tune the vehicle which is really expensive especially for players who are in need of money without any exception. But as long as you can sell the vehicle or revoke the engine parts from the modification shop and get refunded 90% of the engine parts that you've used to tune the vehicle it won't harm at all but It might assist the newbies. Anyway, it might improve engine parts sellers as you've mentioned in the proposal needless to say that it could be useful for players who are using the apartment dimension such as playing DD, racing and et cetera and I believe that this implement might improve the apartment system as well. Therefore, I'll be voting positively.
Angel of darkness.

Offline AquaMoris

• The Matador Raised His Blade To The Sun
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: AquaMoris
That's really a good idea. First, I want to start with drift lovers, they are the most car users in CIT, they try to find out new cars for their drifting feelings, therefore, they can tune new cars by this suggestion for free and try whatever they want in the apartment dimensions (also, they aren't going to lose money to sell cars and engine parts thanks to this suggestion). Secondly, let's imagine a newbie who has 2-3M and wants to buy a new beautiful car, well, he can try all cars but with this suggestion, he can try tuned cars and find a good car up to his pleasure. So, there are more examples to give for this suggestion which means that it is a helpful suggestion. I'm Positive.
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

Offline Vladimir

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Vladimir
An amazing idea. This indeed can help in testing a lot of vehicles especially tuned ones and find the one that you find suitable for your need. With that said, we can see more variety of cars being driven around the map instead of the mainstream ones only. Also as mentioned by others, players have been very creative in creating their apartment interior like having good race tracks and that creativeness will just keep on getting better if given more attention with the help of this idea.

As I myself uses the apartment interior to have fun with my friends/groupmates, I am positive for this.

"Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember... Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by law and morality, remember... Everything is permitted."

Offline Stone

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR
  • Ingame: Stone
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
A great idea for me since engine parts isn't that cheap to buy and it is hard to know what tuning in your vehicle fits but in this way you can test a car what to tune and in order to test it too. Also this is a great addition for your groupmates/squadmates when you are doing a race event in dimension for example, Positive.
Trust the process.
Added Stone as Filipino Helper. (25.06.2020 Clarke)
Omar, Stone, and SuperSonic added as Trial Criminal Boss. (03.08.2020 CB Team)
Traxex and Stone added as handlers. (GMs + Vampire)