Author Topic: [+++] Updating the /uptime command - Addition of a new command  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Harb

• Eagle Eye
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
Greetings,

I’m here suggestion a small change to the uptime command, which I believe would be better for all players and help them check their progress. The current command counts the time you have spent online, but it re-start once you logout. I guess we could change how this command works so it counts the hours played you’ve earned per day. Some of us would like to check our progress and activity, but we usually fail to calculate our time spent online per day when we timeout or logout. This command would make it easier on everyone and I see no harm  by implementing this.

Players think it would be better if we added a new command, which I believe make more sense to be honest. This way, we could still keep the current command and check our daily progress using 2 different methods which would be used differently. The command should be something simple, /hdaily for example.
« Last Edit: 06 05, 2020, 01:48:34 pm by Unity »

'Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast. - William Shakespeare.

Offline Omar

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Omar
Re: Updating the /uptime command
« Reply #1 on: 04 05, 2020, 01:42:20 am »
I am kinda getting annoyed once I hit the /uptime and find out that the time spent online is only an hour or two while I'm sure that I'm playing since several hours. This feature will be great for me to check how many hours I've spend during my day and It can be reset at the begining of a new day. I'm positive
Added Omar as Arabic Helper. (08.05.2020)
May 13th: @Omar Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika
Jul 14th: @Omar awarded RCM for his contributions towards Guiders' team - DeadStunter + Vampire
Omar added as Trial Criminal Boss. (03.08.2020 CB Team)
Omar added as trial staff. (30.08.2020 L4+ Staff)

Offline Shadow.

• The Knight
  • No Body Is Perfect
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Shadow
  • Squad: #Undisputed
« Reply #2 on: 04 05, 2020, 01:50:13 am »
Am pretty sure developers can make this in no time, I believe it'd be better to have such thing as people been calling for it for years, IMO it would even help those who care about their own health to maintain some time for their own life and to take care of it, not to mention that it'd help you to stabilize your playing time or to make an accurate record of it so you'd be able to optimize it in a way that suits you and so on.. Positive ofc.
Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

Offline Phobia

• Junior Community Member
  • The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: GlobalArmy
  • Ingame: Phobia
  • Squad: AR
« Reply #3 on: 04 05, 2020, 02:01:14 am »
Considering how /uptime resets once you pass 24 hours , its better to make it count the time you spent online in a day then the entire time you have been online for.
Its not anything major , just a small change which can help players calculate their daily activity.

Offline Hanns

• Donator L1
  • Staffs nightmare
« Reply #4 on: 04 05, 2020, 02:43:25 am »
Yesss, in fact, totally upvoting this idea many groups uses this rule that you should have been played more than X hours per week or daily and I if you go and check some applications made by players in order to join X group, And you'll obviously find that he says " I've been played Y + hours this week, So adding this will remove the obstacle of that "+" And as shadow stated above, majority of players cares about their health so they dont want to play alot of hours a day.

Offline Bhairy

• The Fifth Pyramid
  • L3 Staff
« Reply #5 on: 04 05, 2020, 03:01:03 am »
I like your idea, it will actually help me alot to know how much time I spent online , but I got smth I want to add @Harb , is there any possible way we can make it so it counts the time that you are not AFK in? because if there is then that would be better, because the time u AFK in aint counting in your playtime , so yeah, knowining my playtime per day from the uptime including the hours I will get in stats would be better imo.
Proud Ex 5thStreetSaints Leader. The First Gangster group to achieve Level 9.
If you ever need help with anything DON’T hesitate to pm me.

Offline Nems

• 5th Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • الحمد لله دائماً وأبداً
« Reply #6 on: 04 05, 2020, 03:34:40 am »
yes absolutely it will help me to know how much time I spend per day in cit,  the current /uptime ain't that good tbh since  all of us reconnect or quit  from time to time and as a group leader it might help me to check the group members activites and manage promotions very well, great one harb supporting.
Just be yourself, be honest, Work towards a goal and you'll achieve it.

Offline Gebro

• Group: 18thStreetGang
  • Ingame: Gebro
« Reply #7 on: 04 05, 2020, 04:04:07 am »
Actually this opens up to recording everything about the stats daily, total arrest points earned for example. I myself like to check my hours played per day and my total arrest points too. This opens up to a lot of small things that actually matters to us, players.

Positive.
My Introduction
we should show you Golda's face when she received your trash before you call it your victory.
6/10/1973
7/10/2023

Offline Psycho

• The whole system is based on a myth.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FFHigh
  • Ingame: Psycho
  • Squad: U since 2015
« Reply #8 on: 04 05, 2020, 05:14:00 am »
Uptime works properly and should not be changed. What you are suggesting is something else, which should have another command.
I think it is not worth the time developing. Negative
Ex FFH Boss

Offline DSA

• Donator L3
  • كيف الحال..؟
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 04 05, 2020, 09:41:42 am »
It will be better if we added another command for this because uptime has a unique concept so this isn't a small change to it but changing the whole command, however, I agree with your suggestion because many time I want to share how much time I was online today; it will be just for fun nothing serious, as far as I know, it won't take too much time from the developers to implement it but as I said it will be better if you added another command for this.

Offline Cristiano

• The One Tapper
« Reply #10 on: 04 05, 2020, 12:25:22 pm »
Honestly, I don't know if it's right to keep uptime when we logout. Because number to be added to the game hours is only 8 hours in 24 hours. But it's frustrating that when we timeout, uptime is reset. I like that, but it makes more sense to reset uptime when we logout. So I'm neutral.

Offline Arthur.

• American Dream
« Reply #11 on: 04 05, 2020, 12:35:52 pm »
I belive this suggestion could be good when you're trying to check your progess of the day. I see no harm in this suggestion because it has happened to me lots of time, whenever I get disconnected all my hours are gone so that's why I belive your suggestion could be goos. /uptime does need some updates if it's resetting once every 24 hours I see no harm and belive this could be helpful if by mistake you get disconnected or anything else. Positive it could be helpful in case of applications if they wanna check your regular online time and stuff.
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Goku

• Time is precious, "waste" it wisely.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Goku[FBI]
« Reply #12 on: 04 05, 2020, 03:11:23 pm »
Honestly, I don't know if it's right to keep uptime when we logout. Because number to be added to the game hours is only 8 hours in 24 hours. But it's frustrating that when we timeout, uptime is reset. I like that, but it makes more sense to reset uptime when we logout. So I'm neutral.
It could be made so that it shows the uptime for both the current session as well as the whole day. The /uptime command would first output the uptime of the current session and then afterwards, it would output the total uptime that the player has had for the whole day. How does that sound? I am definitely upvoting this suggestion.

“No chains on my feet, since I learned to fly
I see your empty eyes, guess they mean goodbye
But every passing day, makes me understand
That everything I needed, was inside my hands”

Offline Harb

• Eagle Eye
  • Group: SAPD
« Reply #13 on: 04 05, 2020, 05:37:20 pm »
I like your idea, it will actually help me alot to know how much time I spent online , but I got smth I want to add @Harb , is there any possible way we can make it so it counts the time that you are not AFK in? because if there is then that would be better, because the time u AFK in aint counting in your playtime , so yeah, knowining my playtime per day from the uptime including the hours I will get in stats would be better imo.

I guess not counting the time you were AFK in would be better, I'm not really sure if it's possible though.

'Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast. - William Shakespeare.

Offline Extreme

• The Unforgiven
  • Don't ever take sides against the family ✖
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Camorra
« Reply #14 on: 04 05, 2020, 06:10:32 pm »
I'm actually really curious how much time I spend playing CIT per day, although I log out and log back in many times throughout the day, so I can't really know. I would definitely like this feature being expanded, as in keeping the current /uptime command output the same, and adding a second output line such as "Total uptime for today: x". The uptime should reset at midnight (server time), same as when F1 scores reset.

I'm not really sure if it's possible though.

It's feasible, simply adding a check if player has or has not moved in 2 minutes would solve it.