Author Topic: Make "Advanced Hummer" more GTA:SA looking  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Brian

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Make "Advanced Hummer" more GTA:SA looking
« on: 09 04, 2020, 06:09:37 pm »
I stumbled upon a Derby mod of the vehicle ID that currently is known as "Advanced Hummer". The original vehicle ID 479 is called Regina and doesn't fit the armed vehicle theme, that's why we applied a war hummer model over it.

Now, I have received some complaints about the Hummer model not fitting the game. It clearly doesn't merge with a 2004 game, so my idea is to replace it with this mod:

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/48054-regina-derby.html

Every feature currently available on Hummer will stay with the new model.

Offline Pollux

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Pollux
Re: Make "Advanced Hummer" more GTA:SA looking
« Reply #1 on: 09 04, 2020, 06:11:42 pm »
I like the new model, but perhaps fix the collision problem first then change the model?
Albert Einstein wrote, “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

Offline Brian

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 09 04, 2020, 06:14:34 pm »
I like the new model, but perhaps fix the collision problem first then change the model?

This is Arran's script, not model's issue.

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 09 04, 2020, 07:35:06 pm »
Yeah that's definitely more fitting. In fact, it kinda sends the vibes of a Hotring Racer which screams by nature 'GTA San Andreas'. Upvoting.

Offline Danzy

• The Amplifier
  • L4 Staff
  • infernoob
« Reply #4 on: 09 04, 2020, 07:45:28 pm »
This is Arran's script, not model's issue.
What Pollux meant was probably the 4 Uzis on the sides of the Hummer, they are not collisionless when the hummer itself is, which causes players to get stuck or thrown away somewhere when someone with a hummer drives through you, it's pretty annoying.

Anyway, that model would fit since GTA:SA already has the Bloodbowl Banger vehicle, they look similar (Now that I look at it it's Regina and Bloodbowl Banger merged lol, but I digress).
We don't search for old songs, we search for old memories.

Offline Remix

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: NGIG
  • Ingame: Clemente
« Reply #5 on: 09 04, 2020, 08:06:09 pm »
I like the idea of changing of mode to make it look more like original regina but I think a different mod, that looks more like an armed vehicle, as an example this mod

https://www.gtaall.com/gta-san-andreas/cars/8571-regina-war.html

hummer at the back side had place for extra pasangers to be glued and that looked better than just glue on top, same about this model for regina. Well only thing is that it is rusty.

here is a video also

« Last Edit: 09 04, 2020, 08:27:20 pm by Remix »

Offline Prince333

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: N/A
  • Ingame: Chri$.Jericho
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #6 on: 09 04, 2020, 08:25:40 pm »
There will be a lot of positive and negative votes.
Cops may not like this because it looks more like criminal vehicle.
Imo this vehicle is more like real and I really like it . Positive  :tick:

Offline Sheriff

• Police Chief
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Sheriff
  • Squad: Rednecks
« Reply #7 on: 09 04, 2020, 08:32:20 pm »
I've missed Regina and current Hummer model look just awful. That sort of modded Regina looks a lot better than Hummer.

Though I'd like to have original Regina model aswell. It would work as variant. That bloodring banger regina looks a lot like original model with just some extra additions so I guess it fits for variant system.

I also like that topless version. I believe such would work as variant again.

But yeah, upvoting

Offline Boles

• Original PiRu$ Founder
  • New Community Member
  • Censored..
  • Group: PiRu$
  • Ingame: UncleBoles
  • Squad: PBB
« Reply #8 on: 09 04, 2020, 09:12:04 pm »
The current Hummers weels dont really fit the game.
A huge suv that cant take a 5cm curb.
If this one better then upvoted
"Blast me but they didn't finish, didn't diminish my powers so now I'm back to be a muthafuckin'
 menace, they cowards thats why they tried to set me up, had bitch ass niggas on my team so indeed
 they wet me up, BUT I'M BACK REINCARNATED."

Tupac..

Offline Never-.

• New Community Member
  • I'm a Graphic Designer DM me if u need
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CID
  • Ingame: ♛Never♛
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #9 on: 09 04, 2020, 11:19:56 pm »
I don't like the current hummer and this is really a good mod that should be replaced with. This look more like gta sa normal cars and fit the game itself unlike the current one
Show content
especially that heart   ;D ;D
. I'm looking forward to add this mod very soon. I'm totally positive.

Offline HarwoodButcher

• State Official
  • Shut up, sit down, relax.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: HarwoodButcher
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #10 on: 10 04, 2020, 12:30:33 am »
A big fat Yes from me. I mean the Hummer was decent but it had a lot of problems with it, like the wheels, the suspension didn't really fit (it would flip when you touch a side walk), when adding modified wheels to it, it would look way out of place and just too small (due to the vehicle that it replaced (Regina)). And I gotta agree, the hummer does look way out of place for GTA SA.

That Durby Regina looks really nice to be honest and I have no problem with the new model being that, it's better looking than the Hummer.

And as Sheriff mentioned, it would be really cool to add some variants to the Regina (like making it look like the default GTA SA style, or have the top removed (as from a mod that I've used before)), something like the Bloodring Banger.
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Offline Arthur.

• Regular Community Member
  • American Dream
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 10 04, 2020, 08:51:39 am »
I guess your suggestion makes sense, but you could atleast add a mod /vehmods so if someone doesn't agree with your Hummer style they could easily just use a better one from/vehmods and I like that you want more realistic vehicles. This suggestion is much better then the other Hummer once as this won't really hurt the way Hummer works noe remove any special features, Just the looks change which is fine and wouldn't really effect the Hummer Upvoting
A True Warrior Never engages in combat, He Avoids it to prevent hurting people, A true warrior ends the conflict with his words, if he cannot, then he raises his fist and rains hell on everyone around him.

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
« Reply #12 on: 10 04, 2020, 10:10:46 am »
Yes please, that model looks way better than our current one and is at least in the style of GTA SA. It might fit the "advanced hummer" theme less but I believe the players will also enjoy this model. I believe people have donated shaders on it, I guess they will receive an extra edit or is this model not shader applicable? Some clarity about this subject would be nice for those donators.
« Last Edit: 10 04, 2020, 10:20:23 am by Ptole »

Offline Asho

• Junior Community Member
  • tenacious
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: left the game
« Reply #13 on: 10 04, 2020, 12:13:11 pm »
Do it. It's already looking ten times better to the eye because it's simple and fits the low poly atmosphere of the game. If I'm not mistaken, the collision of the wheels of the current vehicle is lacking because a portion of it is absorbed by the roads.

Or you could just use the newly installed Patriot in the server and modify it to fit the Advanced Hummer instead.

former bna ddir

Offline Louai

• Regular Community Member
  • Welcome to Los Chaos
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ₵Ⱨ₳Ø₴₲Ʉ₳ⱤĐł₳₦₴
  • Ingame: Louai
  • Squad: ᴅʀɪꜰᴛᴡᴏʀᴋꜱ
« Reply #14 on: 10 04, 2020, 12:57:12 pm »
I will be Natural here cause , I like the old model of the car this will give more brilliant ideas to make events , and it looks more cool to enter fights giving the players the chance to try this car in the server , but the problem here is that mean the hummer will be removed or will be replaced in an other car or truck , since this hummer helped many players even in CEs/Ars or Wars ..... , and if we change the car design , it will still have the old design abilities like (buying armor , shooting , auto repair .. ) and I think after this car design changed the price will change too ..etc and many things . that is why I am voting natural .

Ex.Pirus Leader | ChaosGuardians Leader
Ex.NKMK CO-Founder
"Someday we will all just be a memory for some people; I just want that memory to be a good one "