Author Topic: FPS drops  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Hobart.

• Regular Community Member
  • ~(2014 - 2020)~
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: PiRu$
  • Ingame: Hobart.
FPS drops
« on: 06 06, 2020, 09:35:40 pm »
Hi , recently I got a computer with high specs comparing to MTA requirements, but I have FPS drops in cracked and crowded areas like Armed robberies  and very populated areas in LS
FPS drom from 70(when in SF or dillimore as example) to 33-40 while there is around 30 players around in AR. I want to know what caused those drops when it should be higher frame rates.
I'm enabling all shaders good textures and graphics mods except heat haze,contrast shader and bloom shader with a 1440 resolution. is this normal ? if not is there any way to increase it, in fact  nvidia geforce experiance is installed with all other drivers

PC specs
Show content
I3 9100F 3.6 ghz
16 gb RAM memory
1TB HDD
GTX 1650 super palit stormX 4gb

Thanks for reading.
Formely known as Aymen.

Offline Harb

• Eagle Eye
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
Re: FPS drops
« Reply #1 on: 06 06, 2020, 09:40:31 pm »
Check this guide. Make sure to follow all the procedures stated in there, one of them will defiantly fix your issue. 

'Wisely, and slow. They stumble that run fast. - William Shakespeare.

Offline Liso

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
« Reply #2 on: 06 06, 2020, 10:23:36 pm »
- Delete all CIT2 files in C:/program files(x86)/MTA SA 1.5./mod/deatchmatch/resources
- Update your windows version,
Also try those steps, https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=264354.msg3902054#msg3902054
Angel of darkness.

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #3 on: 06 06, 2020, 10:50:19 pm »
It must be your drivers, I had this problem once I have bought my laptop, updating/installing PCs' drivers would make a 180-degree difference.

Offline Extreme

• The Unforgiven
  • Don't ever take sides against the family ✖
  • Group: Camorra
« Reply #4 on: 06 06, 2020, 10:52:44 pm »
He has a brand new PC with pretty good specs, although the CPU is a bit on the budget. He can run all sorts of shaders, thanks to the good GPU, however the issue is on the CPU side. The game runs on 1 core only, so you'd actually need a high end Intel CPU to run 60 FPS and above in crowded areas. I face the same issues on a fairly good AMD processor as well.

All in all, the most obvious fix would be buying a new CPU, although since it's a new one I doubt that.

Offline Hobart.

• ~(2014 - 2020)~
« Reply #5 on: 06 06, 2020, 11:24:35 pm »
He has a brand new PC with pretty good specs, although the CPU is a bit on the budget. He can run all sorts of shaders, thanks to the good GPU, however the issue is on the CPU side. The game runs on 1 core only, so you'd actually need a high end Intel CPU to run 60 FPS and above in crowded areas. I face the same issues on a fairly good AMD processor as well.

All in all, the most obvious fix would be buying a new CPU, although since it's a new one I doubt that.

So this thing is normal to occure as I understand ? no problems ?

althrought I didn't install GPU driver only installed Geforce experiance, thought it would be worthy, should I install driver too ?,
Formely known as Aymen.

Offline STAR

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #6 on: 06 06, 2020, 11:26:00 pm »

althrought I didn't install GPU driver only installed Geforce experiance, thought it would be worthy, should I install driver too ?,
yes you DEFINITELY should download your graphics card driver, or atleast update it

Offline Shezzar

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: Shezzar
« Reply #7 on: 07 06, 2020, 02:56:47 pm »

Ofcourse, you have to download the GPU Driver. Also you can try these steps tho:
SIMPLE SETTINGS

Firstly open server settings; /settings > then look SS.

Part 1:
Show content

Part 2:
Show content

Part 3:
Show content

After open 'MTA' settings; ESC > Settings > Video

Example:
Show content

(In addition, playing in the window has a positive effect on your performance, but if you don't like it, it may remain in its normal settings.)

This allows you to have FPS and normal graphics at the same time.
- It's just my opinion, It won't affect you in a bad way. If something bad happens you can turn it back to its old settings.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Hobart.

• ~(2014 - 2020)~
« Reply #8 on: 08 06, 2020, 12:25:11 am »
yes you DEFINITELY should download your graphics card driver, or atleast update it
did that , still the same. althrought even descent PCs get FPS drops like I get in crowded places and so on ? like populated places  ?
Formely known as Aymen.

Offline STAR

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #9 on: 08 06, 2020, 12:37:38 am »
did that , still the same. althrought even descent PCs get FPS drops like I get in crowded places and so on ? like populated places  ?
Yes. Even with great hardware, your computer will most likely have frame-rate issues in crowded areas, like riots, from time to time. If you've followed every guide here on the forum then there really are no more ways to lessen the frame-drops unfortunately. At least not something you can do, perhaps the devs though. My computer is running an i5 10600K and an RTX 2070 and I still get frame drops in crowded areas. It really comes down to MTA being a not-so-great optimized game but also be very playable on very old hardware at the same time, somehow.

I didnt even notice this was the Support board. Thought this was the PC board. Sorry for my lackluster post above.

Offline Hobart.

• ~(2014 - 2020)~
« Reply #10 on: 08 06, 2020, 01:41:29 am »
thanks for your help , feel free to lock this . thanks for everyone
Formely known as Aymen.