Author Topic: Unlinking a deleted forum account [Administrator input/help needed]  (Read 2419 times)

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Medusa
Is there any way to unlink a deleted forum account?

About 4-5 months ago, a new-ish player ran into complications with his forum account (he posted 10 useless posts to apply for NCM rank) as he wasn't aware of the forum rules, and after he received a well deserved mute he thought it was a good idea to delete the forum account and create another one (Stupid but hey, we're all stupid sometimes).
He's been locked out of the community for the past 4-5 months and can't do anything about it.
As we all know forum accounts are pretty important, ranging from simply allowing the players to join official groups to applying for duties, so his CIT life is basically at halt, and it's not reasonable for someone to buy a new PC just to create a new ingame account, while also wasting all of his efforts, progress and time spent because of a mistake he committed.

Deleted forum account: TheBoss12
Ingame account name: TheBoss12
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Seasoned trader? Click me.
Sick of being a 9-5 wageslave? DCA into $AVAX and enjoy an early retirement!
NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
To be honest there is no explanation nor rules related to this issue. Just look into some similar cases,

1. Staff said there no way to help
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=376489.msg5523459#msg5523459
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=356983.msg5230880#msg5230880
2. Vampire helped someone but I did not know, how Vampire help him
https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=373251.msg5476697#msg5476697

I don't know what is the reason why we have only 1 chance to link the forum account with the ingame account, but it seems like there is a thing that need to be secured.

You may try to ask ARM staff in the Account Recovery board.
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Ptole

• The Belgian
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole
  • Squad: NeXuS/Pigeons
@Medusa is he able to create a different forum account using a different serial? Rules say multi-accounting isn't allowed, but he's free to create a different account on a different serial if his old one is deleted.

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
@Medusa is he able to create a different forum account using a different serial? Rules say multi-accounting isn't allowed, but he's free to create a different account on a different serial if his old one is deleted.
He can't get hold of another serial, he was actually contemplating buying a new pc because of that.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Offline Cytrx

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Cytrx
  • Squad: DriftWorks
Simply, It's impossible to unlink it all you can do is create another forum account from another serial and link it to the account. I would suggest finding an abandoned laptop that you have or go to one of your friends/family and just create a dummy account in CIT and create a forum account and voila link it to your main account.

Offline M3dusa

• degen
  • L4 Staff
  • Gambling connaisseur 🔻
You can't unlink the deleted forum account as far as I know, but you can link other forum accounts to in-game account.
Simply, It's impossible to unlink it all you can do is create another forum account from another serial and link it to the account. I would suggest finding an abandoned laptop that you have or go to one of your friends/family and just create a dummy account in CIT and create a forum account and voila link it to your main account.
It's not impossible to unlink, and administrator can do so manually, hence why I'm requesting their input. Also
while also wasting all of his efforts, progress and time spent because of a mistake he committed.
Please just wait for an administrator to reply, players have nothing to add to this case really.
Former Former CIT Staff
Head Staff
Retired Police Chief

Offline Violet

• State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
  • Ingame: Violet
@iFrank If you are allowed to mention Arran, We will appreciate it  :love: btw I don't think he will unlink your account because he refused to unlink Cytrx's account in the past. Just do what they said for you.

Offline iFrank

• Bikers Vice President
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • somebody that you used to know
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I wish we could help your friend with the issue, but I'm afraid there's nothing to be done about it, especially when your friend deleted his forum account to evade the mute.

Locking this.

BIKERS M.C.