Author Topic: System where we can unlink forum account with in-game account  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Senior Community Member
  • Feeling good, man!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Coke
  • Squad: Vintage | CCC
So, I want to make a proposal for a system where we can unlink forum account with in-game account. Some people struggled with the current system. I have been playing for months and found some cases related to the forum link.
Example cases :
Yes, some people in-game also confused/struggled with the current system

So, my suggestion is to make a system where we can unlink forum account with in-game account. So people will request to unlink their forum accounts in-game and later ARM will check their requests if it is acceptable or not.
Example: A requests to unlink forum account, so he needs to fill format in-game with reason. ARM will check it and unlink the forum account or deny the request.
Why this is important?
  • To avoid double forum accounts
  • Players who have completed their banning period can get their right to join forum discussion (In some cases, staff removed their forum accounts)
  • Since we do not support forum account recovery. Some people creating a new forum account to connect with the community on the forum and forum ranks is important for some duties and also for donation system. So yes they need to link their forum accounts with their in-game accounts
  • Forum accounts that have been removed can be unlinked
  • Forum accounts that have been forgotten can be unlinked
  • Access for the main chat in-game

Example panel :
« Last Edit: 29 08, 2021, 04:39:36 am by Coke »
Retired Normal Player  6/13/2011
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Feeling good, man!
Re: System where we can unlink forum account with in-game account
« Reply #1 on: 27 08, 2021, 10:39:51 am »
Additional suggestion : Access to unlink discord account with ingame account.
About this, @Relerx maybe you can help us.

Nevermind, sorry for mentioning.
« Last Edit: 27 08, 2021, 01:26:58 pm by Coke »
Ex. Head State Official | Ex. Civilian Minister | Ex. Mod Developtment Suggestion board | Ex. The Tinker | Ex. CIT DJ | Ex. Group Level Manager | 50+ contributions through suggestions | Ex. Application Handler & Moderator for Guider | Honorable Guider | Ex. Indonesian Moderator | Translation Progress Assistant

Offline T0Y-B0Y

• Pervert T0Y
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • The T0Y
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]T0Y-B0Y
  • Squad: Socios
« Reply #2 on: 27 08, 2021, 11:10:00 am »
I am with you since I saw a teammate who was going to create new CIT account to link forum account because his acc got deleted I am positive :tick:

Offline daddy

• Donator L3
    YearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 27 08, 2021, 01:05:45 pm »
I faced that issue my account was deleted, I couldn't unlink it until the administrator helped me so this feature is useful instead of annoying administrators, and making it u can unlink every 6 months would be a great feature. Positive

Offline Raef

• The Raffaello
  • L2 Staff
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Raef
« Reply #4 on: 27 08, 2021, 01:15:58 pm »
It's indeed a great idea that will recover many players' forum accounts, especially those who deleted theirs, which are linked already, and would like to create new ones. Without mentioning that the current situation requires an administrator, and as we all know, they barely respond to such things.
I'm positive.

Additional suggestion: Access to unlink discord account with ingame account.
We do have such a thing already if I understood you clearly: - To unlink your Discord account, use the command /dunverify
This log right here was taken from F1 > Discord.
« Last Edit: 27 08, 2021, 01:24:11 pm by Raef »

"When you look at a person, any person, everyone has a story. Everyone has gone through something that has changed their life. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are not signs of weakness. They are signs of trying to remain strong for way too long." - Deepika Padukone

Offline Coke

• The Emperor
  • Feeling good, man!
« Reply #5 on: 27 08, 2021, 02:12:55 pm »
@Raef removed.
Someone was asking about that before and yes I saw the information on Help Info F1.

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #6 on: 27 08, 2021, 03:01:42 pm »
Well, this one is really indeed because some old player nowadays want to unlink forum account with In-game account but sadly they can't, this might be helpful for all player who want to unlink their forum account with in-game account, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Babushka

• Regular Community Member
  • Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #7 on: 27 08, 2021, 03:07:40 pm »
This is a good idea, because I have seen players who have lost their Forum account because long term of inactivity or simply just lost password and email. They can't unlink the forum account to make a new one and can't use /main chat or apply for duties. Forum accounts can't be recovered by ARMs as confirmed by Burner when I asked him.

This feature would definitely be helpful and result in some old players coming back to play who lost their forum. Voting Positive

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #8 on: 27 08, 2021, 04:53:53 pm »
I agree, many a times I faced similar questions when guiding someone who lost their forum account (Either deleted themselves, or recently completed their ban period). They always seem to get confused and it becomes a great deal for them to manage and handle.

I also agree on the part that, when the said persons come back from their punishment period, they do have the rights to join discussion and post in the forum without any hassle. Definitely a good proposal, I will be looking forward on what others has to say about it and how well it can be implemented, hopefully, without any issues. Nonetheless, my vote is positive for this one!
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Vermouth

• The Enigmatic
  • L2 Staff
  • Ramadan Mubarak Y'all!
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 27 08, 2021, 05:02:37 pm »
Actually an excellent idea.
There're many people who linked their forum acc to their account IG, but they wanted to change the forum acc with another acc IG, maybe cuz they wanted to start another life in another acc, or they lost their acc, etc..,
the problem that they weren't able to re-link it with another acc. so, with the feature that mentioned by Coke above, it'll allow them to re-link their forum account with another IG acc without problems.

Voting Positive.

I agree with you :tick:

Thats is good idea
l agree  :tick: :happy:

@HosttyBoy  :cringe:
“Games don't make you violent, lag does.”

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #10 on: 27 08, 2021, 05:21:11 pm »
@ArroW  Removed
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline ShockWave

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: EvE
  • Ingame: ShockWave
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #11 on: 28 08, 2021, 06:19:38 am »
I totally agree with this  :tick:. It's been a long time since I have lost my forum account and I am struggling now with all that stuff, I tried everything makes posts, contact admins, contact Arran but nothing worked at all. I think this suggestion should be accepted but with some restrictions so people don't abuse it. Otherwise, this Suggestion is good, useful and helpful to a lot of people.  :tick:

Offline Dodgers

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Dodgers
« Reply #12 on: 29 08, 2021, 03:48:58 am »
Well I'm totally upvoting this idea firstly a lot of players have confused this problem and I'm one of them I made a fault before by linking my main forum account to my in-game one and nowadays I can't even talking in main chat Upvoting this suggesting could help a lot of players by modifying their profiles.  :tick:
[11-11-2020] CID Resigned as L7, Ally + CID Leaders

Offline zurq

• xc
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xc
  • Ingame: xc
  • Squad: xc
« Reply #13 on: 29 08, 2021, 12:44:32 pm »
Finally someone suggested this. This will fix alot of people's problems towards 'linkin forum accs'. Atleast, deleted accounts. We'll have the abillity to remove it from an ingame account, or like I don't want anymore my account to be shown on my stats. I am voting positively for sure.
« Last Edit: 29 08, 2021, 12:49:06 pm by zurst »
Left this game already.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 29 08, 2021, 03:28:09 pm »
Do you want people to be able to use /getforumaccount even when "Only 1 forum account per computer allowed! Forum account name: %s"

Or unlink /linkforumaccount because of "This forum account has already been linked with an in-game account."

These are totally different things and you're pasting links to questions that are about these 2 separate things so which is this a suggestion for..?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.