Author Topic: [Resolved] Mark on map those Banned for DeathMatching.  (Read 3165 times)

ToshFSS

[Resolved] Mark on map those Banned for DeathMatching.
« on: 26 03, 2012, 10:16:58 pm »
Since I dont see this topic been mentioned yet, I'll start. ;)

Well, since most of you know (if not, now you do), A new script was enable, which, once you get AdminJailed and then Autobanned for X days, NOW, you will be forced to stay in LV those X days (and still able to join the server) , until your "ban" expires. A nice way our staff give a auto-ban-for-DMing players a second chance to still enjoy the server.

That been said, Im gonna copy + paste a suggestion I made (and supported by other players) in the News section.

---------------------
If I may add here, it will be cool if they are just marked so every other player know that he wont be able to leave LV,  no matter what.

That way , he will "suffer" of constant harassment (and I mean, kill-wise) by other players. Remember, banned for dming doesnt mean he will get a "forced Vacation" in LV, it should mean, "..and now you will suffer has your victims did."

Last night I AJed a player, and he got a 5 days ban in LV. I warped to him and he was so "happy" that he will be only in LV. "I hate LS anyway" he said. Funny, but as I said. "Forced to be in LV" new punishment should have some extra "hard time" for them, as I mentioned above.

Let me put an analogy here. "What will happend to pedophiles in prision, once the rest of the prision's population find out what he did?". Let those auto-ban for DMing players suffer!  ;D

Also, and I dont know If this has been done yet, don't let them been able to take turfs, or able to get the Briefcase mission or anything that can generate them money (even CITphone money transfers, in case they want to use their "other accounts" to play in LS and SF) . That way they will have to spend their own money to keep fighting, and trust me, +5 days in a row in LV ain't cheap ;).

To sum up: MARK them in map, with a bullseye icon (or anything that come close to it) so other players can "feast" on those "unwanted" DMers , (hell, even a nice message of "Cool! you killed a Dmer!" every time a player kills them.  :D ) and Don't let them receive any kind of money,working or money transfer , so they have to spend money at hand + bank account.
---------------

So, what do you guys thinks? Can it be done? Would It be hard to script? If not, then lets do it! Lets mark on map those DMers, and let the LV criminal/gangster population feast and abuse them.  ;D

Just my 2 cents.

Dont be Shy! Feel free to Feedback! :D (and please, just focus on the "lets mark the players" idea )

Peace! 8)
« Last Edit: 29 03, 2012, 03:07:42 pm by Arran »

Offline Diesel

• Senior Community Member
  • Things change
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Ingame: DZL
Re: Mark on map those Banned players "stuck" in LV for DeathMatching.
« Reply #1 on: 26 03, 2012, 10:28:48 pm »
What about a "ban dimension" where all the banned players play? They won't be able to play in the dimension where everyone else play. There will be no enforced rules, no events, no nothing in this dimension. I don't know if this can be done though.
« Last Edit: 26 03, 2012, 10:32:16 pm by Diesel<3 »
I once got jailed for deathmatching with nades at All Saints Hospital

The Amazonic

« Reply #2 on: 26 03, 2012, 10:31:22 pm »
What about a "ban dimension" where all the banned players play? They won't be able to play in the dimension where everyone else play, and there will be no rules enforced by the admins in this dimension. I don't know if this can be done though.
That wouldn't be a real punishment like we'd like it to be. No, the banned players would rather even make friends instead.

ToshFSS

« Reply #3 on: 26 03, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
What about a "ban dimension" where all the banned players play? They won't be able to play in the dimension where everyone else play, and there will be no rules enforced by the admins in this dimension. I don't know if this can be done though.

Yeah, It was suggested a while ago, but I think it was kinda hard to script "limit the dimension" to only some players (I think the post still in Rejected Suggestions)

But, what do you think about this Topic Idea?  ;)

Peace! 8)

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #4 on: 26 03, 2012, 10:34:41 pm »
Only one thing to say, Tosh. This is one of the best ideas I've seen in a while.

Offline Diesel

• Senior Community Member
  • Things change
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
  • Ingame: DZL
« Reply #5 on: 26 03, 2012, 10:36:05 pm »
Yeah, It was suggested a while ago, but I think it was kinda hard to script "limit the dimension" to only some players (I think the post still in Rejected Suggestions)

But, what do you think about this Topic Idea?  ;)

Peace! 8)

If you're looking to be harsh, then yeah it's an excellent idea, I voted +1 by the way ;)
I once got jailed for deathmatching with nades at All Saints Hospital

Mike-D

« Reply #6 on: 27 03, 2012, 03:17:24 am »
Yes, I like the idea of that, that way I can go to LV and torment DM'ing A-holes with my RPG, and other things

Offline Timtso

• Regular Community Member
  • Chief Advisor of SAPD
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Timtso[SAPD]
« Reply #7 on: 27 03, 2012, 06:22:01 am »
Yes, let them suffer! +1
Chief Advisor of San Andreas Police Department
Honorable Police Chief

Ex. Head Police Chief

Timtso

LuXorioN

« Reply #8 on: 27 03, 2012, 06:25:06 am »
let dmers die and rot I hatem :p +1

Offline MAMOU08

• GTFO from my head!
  • Group: Camorra Family
  • Ingame: MAMOU08
  • Squad: Workaholics
« Reply #9 on: 27 03, 2012, 09:18:42 am »
Well I must say I love this idea! when I read it I didnt like it but when I read the part which say they cant do any thing exapt loosing money by defending themself I like it. ++1 from MEh
Proud To Be Algerian

abdullahrafx

« Reply #10 on: 27 03, 2012, 09:51:54 am »
This would be great to conclude from Arran's suggestion about Death Matchers. This would also help in finding who is banned / may also bring shame while everyone laughing, atleast they would get to play :P

+1 from me...

Uau_tuga

« Reply #11 on: 27 03, 2012, 10:31:46 am »
Epic suggestion. Quarentine them from LS for DM'ing, send them to LV where they can be hated, bullied by everyone in there.

Its embarrasing as hell and I truly believe its much worse than being banned. It isnt funny to be killed 100 times in a row ;D

And as you suggested, giving them a special icon in the mini-map, or even a "Banned" prefix on their names.

Monii

« Reply #12 on: 27 03, 2012, 10:44:28 am »
Make the person run extra slow, no cars. So all they can do is run super slow. No weapons, nothing. Oh and they should be muted.

Love it. Now if someone DM's me, I can go to LV and shoot the crap out of that guy.

Steve

« Reply #13 on: 27 03, 2012, 10:48:30 am »
So lemme get this straight...

No turfs
No money transfers
No briefcase
Nothing to generate money
A mark that tells everyone they are banned....

Interesting...

There's only one thing missing...
Recently I added something to my local server to specify staff in main chat.

As you can see, there is CLEARLY a space in my name between [GM] and Steve. This means that somewhere in my script it sees that I am staff, and automatically adds [GM] with a space.
Spaces in names are considered an "illegal character" in MTA, therefore you are forced to use an underscore.

NOW, with that idea in mind... add a big [BANNED] tag to the banned players whenever they talk ;)
Players will see that space and say to themselves, "You can't put a space in your name. He's obviously banned."

*Note, as I said before about the illegal character...this ONLY applies to CHATTING. It CANNOT be scripted for nametags. If you try to force it on nametags it will ONLY say your name. It will NOT put the tag because of the space. I have tried it.
« Last Edit: 27 03, 2012, 10:52:51 am by Steve »

ComradeArsenal

« Reply #14 on: 27 03, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
ONE THING
+1
Give 100 dollars for everytime you kill a dmer, might be good, because if someone just wanna read cool I killed a dmer thats kinda weird, just say 'you earned ... dollars for killing a dmer"
some users don't want to bother dmers :/ normally they only kill for money, like briefcase