Author Topic: [+++] Increased WL for when you are not wanted and give a wanted a ride  (Read 664 times)

Offline Atheer

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I have an agreement with Timbery on several points, one of them is the intentional exploits, and that's completely unfair. The person will be quickly callin' out his friend to give an assistant while he's unwanted, gives him a ride and both run away.

Negative.  :cros:

Discord ID: Atheer#8555

Offline Brodax

• FBI Leader
  • Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Brodax
I do understand your concern from your point-of-view. But, things are made that way to avoid various exploits that come along with it. Slight changes to such system can cause a big trouble and open opportunities for people to misuse it. :cros:
~Since 2011
-----------
Honorable and Ex. DDIR of FBI

Offline Nobody_

• Senior Community Member
  • Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
The problem here is not whether 10 wanted level points are too much or too less to be given to a non-wanted player so wanted criminals may enter his car... But rather the possibilities of intentional exploits that will be caused by such a suggestion. Bear in mind that non-wanted criminals are not allowed to transport wanted ones as this leads to major exploits, abuses and unfairness.

When a wanted criminal's car gets broken down after a police pursuit, the person in question usually goes on foot and starts running around and tries either to murder the cops who are chasing him or attempts to enter another player's vehicle (that has been driven by a non wanted criminal or civilian) as he is unable to spawn a vehicle himself due to:

- the person in question does not have VIP hours to spawn a vehicle from his garage.
- the person in question does not have DL3 to recover a vehicle from F2.
- the person in question has been recently damaged, hence a 10-seconds restriction is preventing him to recover a vehicle himself.
- even if the person in question manages to spawn a car himself, he will still not be able to recover it instantly, he should wait a couple of seconds until it spawns entirely.

As a matter of fact, you still may witness some players who are trying to aid their wanted friends or group mates while they do not have any wanted level so they cannot be attacked by the opposite team. For instance, quite frequently it happens a non-wanted criminal provides his vehicle to a wanted one so he may escape from a certain location after the wanted suspect's vehicle was taken down. This way the wanted individual is bypassing the listed above restrictions (abusing vehicle recovery) and causing an unfair gameplay environment where the opposite fraction, the police team, is not able to resist the situation that is happening in any way and is not even able to attack the non-wanted individual unless a Police Chief had spectated the situation and had issued wanted level manually.

This is one of the reasons why the below update was even implemented in the first place by Arran and Dimit on the 31st of December, 2020.
There were even absurdly ridiculous situations where similar cases were reported to the staff team, but no adequate actions were taken other than complainers being told to contact a Police Chief and ask him to issue a wanted level to the non-wanted criminal that had provided transport to the wanted one(s) (such a request is even in conflict with the Code of Conduct and the internal team's policy and guidebook unless the PC had witnessed the situation and managed to collect a significant amount of evidence).

I am totally negative about the addition of this suggestion due to the reasons and examples stated above, it will cause more harm than good.

If a wanted player tries to enter a vehicle driven by an unwanted player, the driver can press N to get wanted to allow them to enter. (Arran + Matrix)

Take a look at this, and then, read what I've suggested once again. IDK if you know, but its already existe, once you are not wanted and a wanted criminal try to glue or get a ride with you, you have the option to accept the ride and get wanted, or not.
My suggestion is: Once you accept the ride, you will get 20WL, instead 10. Here is not the place the deny a suggestion that already exist :fp:

I do understand your concern from your point-of-view. But, things are made that way to avoid various exploits that come along with it. Slight changes to such system can cause a big trouble and open opportunities for people to misuse it. :cros:

Which exploit? The system already works fine, just need to increase the WL that you got, like /disturbance .

I have an agreement with Timbery on several points, one of them is the intentional exploits, and that's completely unfair. The person will be quickly callin' out his friend to give an assistant while he's unwanted, gives him a ride and both run away.
Negative.  :cros:

Again, which exploits? 

In my opinion, this suggestion made the car recovery restriction useless because it was made to prevent any abuse of the VIP recovery to occur, now if you have an unwanted criminal friend near you while you are wanted on foot it's like you don't have any restrictions anymore and you can move freely from car to another if you have enough mates to help you which means huge increases in the number of the APBs daily.   :cros:

So to bring fairness, cops also couldn't share a car to chase a wanted criminal, right? And all criminals shoud drive your own car too, right?
« Last Edit: 12 02, 2023, 03:48:56 pm by Nobody_ »

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Offline Timbery

• Global Army Leader
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Global Army
  • Ingame: Timbery
  • Squad: Anti Riot squad
If a wanted player tries to enter a vehicle driven by an unwanted player, the driver can press N to get wanted to allow them to enter. (Arran + Matrix)

Take a look at this, and then, read what I've suggested once again. IDK if you know, but its already existe, once you are not wanted and a wanted criminal try to glue or get a ride with you, you have the option to accept the ride and get wanted, or not.
My suggestion is: Once you accept the ride, you will get 20WL, instead 10. Here is not the place the deny a suggestion that already exist :fp:

I do not really see a huge improvement in the cases of exploits and abuses of VIP recovery even with that update which was implemented some months ago. There should rather be added some restrictions to the situations I listed in previous post. As far as I see, the existence or not of this feature does not really decrease the abuses of VIP recovery as per what I have witnessed in the past 3 months...

Here is just one of the cases I managed to record and have solid evidence of:
Show content

Anyways, you may ignore my previous vote and consider me as positive, but yet there is a huge room for improvement of all those situations which are related to this feature (not specially to "you get 20 WL when you press N"), but in general.
"The story started long ago and is still being written..." - K.
"And here begins the rise of one empire in this new age..." - *** ********
"Some rumors says that Timbery is recording you..." - B.
Do not hesitate to send me a message or add me on discord (Timbery#5535) if you need any help.

Offline Nobody_

• Just keep swimming
    YearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Noubody
  • Squad: Socios
I got it, but It has nothing to do with the current suggestion.
You can suggest something to prevent it like "If you are not wanted and a wanted joined to drive your vehicle, you will get 20 WL", once IRL if you help a wanted guy, its considerede accomplice.  :o7:

Moving up and down, side to side, like a rollercoaster

Offline Roukas

• Advanced Player
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Roukas
I think that this idea would be a very good addition since I myself ran into some criminals unable to escape a situation due to the ejection they get from the car. If we look at this from a cop point of view it is of course better since the wanted criminal being out of the car give the law side an advantage. Overall there are already enough advantages when playing as a cop and this change would make the aspect of chasing criminals more interesting instead of forcing the criminal side to only host riots and joining events to play on equal ground.
 :tick:

Offline Vishal

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Vishal
  • Squad: Los_Santos_Vago
 :tick:
- Added aircraft to the rebel base vehicle purchase marker. (Arran + Vishal) Wednesday 21st November 2018
December 19th: @Vishal Accepted for JCM. -- Kuldeep + Ptole

Offline Mikey.

• New Community Member
  • there is no real me, only an entity
    Years
  • Group: Virtuality
  • Ingame: Mikey
good idea  :tick:
"𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑴𝑼𝑺𝑻 𝑷𝑼𝑻 𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑬𝑭𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻 𝑻𝑶 𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑳𝑰𝑭𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑨𝑵𝑻"

Offline ultrAslan

• RyL is everything...
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Risk Your Life
  • Ingame: ultrAslan
  • Squad: LnS
an discussion that will benefit both the criminal side and the police side who will kill them :tick:
Risk Your Life • Sub-Board

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
- Giving a wanted player a ride will now give 20 wanted points instead of 10. (Arran + Noubody)
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.