Author Topic: Nerfing tow truck side mission  (Read 3061 times)

Offline Fantasy

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Fantasy
Nerfing tow truck side mission
« on: 04 07, 2021, 08:58:15 pm »
Now lemme start off by saying, I already know people are gonna be pissed off about this but hear me out. Throughout my time playing cit as a civilian I can't help but notice people mostly focusing on tow truck side missions, the one that you tow cars in, now those people include me, but as I play I start to feel bored, because of the following reasons.

1. Getting money from it is easy as hell
2. It doesn't require any job level or anything (Literally just buy a towtruck)
3. I see newbies join in and in their FIRST HOUR of playing the game they buy tow trucks

Now what's the problem you ask ?, well the problem is everything that I listed above PLUS how it's unfair to other jobs that deserve that amount of payment. So for example, I can reach earn limit with the towtruck side mission in just above 10 minutes as shown here:
Show content
, But on L10. Iron Miner I can reach it in 33 minutes??? (Look at the earn limit on top):
Show content
. Now that's severely unfair, given that even working to get L10 iron miner is hard and should be more rewarding than a side mission that isn't dependant on job level. Want another reason why it's OP ?, look at this picture of the map of the iron miner job site and look how empty it is
Show content
, Yet I see countless mechanics and traffic officers in LS and in SF working only that job. Now if you ask me ''is there a fix then?'', there is a fix.

Given that scrapping cars gives a sense of competition since there are alot of people doing it, let's assume the worst and say that you reach the earn limit in 20 minutes. Then in my opinion the amount of iron scrap cars give should be 1000 iron/scrap car. Alot of people will go off on this saying it's too harsh, well given that it isn't dependable on any job level, AND it's a side objective, 40 minutes to hit earnlimit isn't that bad, 7 minutes more than the L.10 iron miner, and i'm assuming the worst here, i've seen people get earn limit in 10-9 minutes. So shouldn't be a problem for them to hit the earnlimit in 20 minutes right?

On the upside, this will give a chance for the iron miner job to become more active, giving the people who are L10 and worked hard for it an advantage on people who just picked up a towtruck. Now don't come and say ''It was already nerfed before it doesn't need to be nerfed again''. Well the statistics don't say so, and just because you want to make money easily in 10 minutes and go afk not doing anything for the next 50 minutes waiting for the next earn limit doesn't mean others enjoy it too. People like to play the game, the sense of competition is what's fun about it. And when it's too easy to get money that sense of competition is taken away, then the game feels like it's boring.
He who strikes terror in others is himself continually in fear. - Claudius Claudianus

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
Re: Nerfing tow truck side mission
« Reply #1 on: 04 07, 2021, 09:31:39 pm »
This suggestion has been suggested 4-5 times in the past and has been rejected by community. Competitiveness comes along side with the job which increases the value and profit of the job with it.

Negative
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #2 on: 04 07, 2021, 09:36:40 pm »
This suggestion has been suggested 4-5 times in the past and has been rejected by community. Competitiveness comes along side with the job which increases the value and profit of the job with it.

Negative
Competitiveness still doesn't compensate for the insane amount of money made in such a short period, and you just proved my point. EVEN with competitiveness, it still beats a L10 iron miner. Sure doesn't look balanced or fair to me.
He who strikes terror in others is himself continually in fear. - Claudius Claudianus

Offline HosttyBoy

• Outstanding Community Member
  • Workaholic
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
« Reply #3 on: 04 07, 2021, 09:38:37 pm »
Competitiveness still doesn't compensate for the insane amount of money made in such a short period, and you just proved my point. EVEN with competitiveness, it still beats a L10 iron miner. Sure doesn't look balanced or fair to me.
Reducing scarps to 1000 is just gonna make the job dead and yet a part of the CIT will die too alongside of it. Decreasing the number of the scarped cars can do the job.
Instagram : mojtabapourfathi

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #4 on: 04 07, 2021, 09:40:42 pm »
Reducing scarps to 1000 is just gonna make the job dead and yet a part of the CIT will die too alongside of it. Decreasing the number of the scarped cars can do the job.
It won't make it dead, since it's not dependant on level or anything, it's really good for people who aren't L10 iron miner, and as u saw, iron miner is dead. If people want more iron then they should work as an iron miner, if they're lazy and want a less work infusive way/or they don't want to work to L10, then the tow truck side mission is good for them, provides them with iron but maintaining its position as a SIDE mission
« Last Edit: 04 07, 2021, 11:53:29 pm by Fantasy »

Online |Lucky

• Regular Community Member
  • I'm Your Nightmare.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hymie
« Reply #5 on: 04 07, 2021, 11:28:35 pm »
After I read you suggestion I  feel this gona make the game more balanced and it's  unfair having hard time to get  L10 job then a non lvl job make more money then this L10 job so I'm voting POSITIVE  :tick:
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Offline Marky'

• Senior Community Member
  • 我失败了一次只有一次
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #6 on: 05 07, 2021, 02:00:56 am »
Nerfing Mechanic Side Job will become dead like theres a lot of player that working as Mechanic and Towing Vehicle, 1000 Iron Per 1 Scrap will be the cause of Side Job become dead you already working as mechanic and towing vehicle in SF/LS, no more nerfing civilian Job/Side Job you will just ruining the side job of mechanic, Negative.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #7 on: 05 07, 2021, 02:25:09 am »
Nerfing Mechanic Side Job will become dead like theres a lot of player that working as Mechanic and Towing Vehicle, 1000 Iron Per 1 Scrap will be the cause of Side Job become dead you already working as mechanic and towing vehicle in SF/LS, no more nerfing civilian Job/Side Job you will just ruining the side job of mechanic, Negative.
There's a reason why alot of people are scrapping cars, wanna know the reason? It's OP,  you mean to tell me that someone who worked hard for L10 iron miner gets less than someone with a tow truck scrapping cars? I dont know your logic in that but that seems unbalanced, and for your information, I'm not suggesting to nerf it, BALANCE is the keyword here. No one said it will be dead, it's a simple solution, want iron? Got 2 options, work as a car scrapper or work your way up the iron miner ranks and get more than the scrapper, making your effort into leveling up your iron miner job not useless. BALANCE.

Offline iFighTeR7

• Regular Community Member
  • I don't care what people say about me.
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
  • Squad: DoMinos Squad
« Reply #8 on: 05 07, 2021, 02:40:54 am »
 I really think it should be balanced, it's really unfair for the other jobs and I almost always see people scrapping cars, voting positive  :tick:

Offline Marky'

• Senior Community Member
  • 我失败了一次只有一次
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #9 on: 05 07, 2021, 03:14:54 am »
There's a reason why alot of people are scrapping cars, wanna know the reason? It's OP,  you mean to tell me that someone who worked hard for L10 iron miner gets less than someone with a tow truck scrapping cars? I dont know your logic in that but that seems unbalanced, and for your information, I'm not suggesting to nerf it, BALANCE is the keyword here. No one said it will be dead, it's a simple solution, want iron? Got 2 options, work as a car scrapper or work your way up the iron miner ranks and get more than the scrapper, making your effort into leveling up your iron miner job not useless. BALANCE.
Working as Iron Miner is a choice either you want to gain more iron better than gain job progress and iron in server as HostyBoy said
Show content
This suggestion has been suggested 4-5 times in the past and has been rejected by community.
and you're already know to yourself that being scrapper in server are good way to gain more iron better than the other main source job of iron but working as scrapper is still a choice if you want to work as iron miner and gain job progress & iron, go work as iron miner and if you want to help your group about civilian score while earning more iron, go work as scrapper, stop nerfing that is already fair in server.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Ths

• State Official
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #10 on: 05 07, 2021, 03:22:01 am »
for your information, I'm not suggesting to nerf it, BALANCE is the keyword here.
At the first place why your title is talking about 'nerf' it will get more confuse to people who gonna read this topic. Anyway, let's go back to the main topic here. Nerfing tow truck side mission doesn't solve the problem why? it will be still the same because if the job can reach the earn limit in the fastest way then people is gonna work on that job and problem is still in there do you get my point? and let's talk about the payment resources of it since that's what you talking about here. We already know that iron miner and cave miner is already dead because there is time to regenerate the spot again and when there is a lot of people working on that jobs it becomes less or your work will become slowly to get the resources in short they are going to work as miner which is once you mine the block it's already yours. So, what's my point here? They choose the easiest way to get iron if the other type of miner is crowded then they will choose other job to get iron.

NEGATIVE
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Added Ths as Associate State Official. (SO Team)
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #11 on: 05 07, 2021, 03:27:19 am »
Working as Iron Miner is a choice either you want to gain more iron better than gain job progress and iron in server as HostyBoy said
Show content
This suggestion has been suggested 4-5 times in the past and has been rejected by community.
and you're already know to yourself that being scrapper in server are good way to gain more iron better than the other main source job of iron but working as scrapper is still a choice if you want to work as iron miner and gain job progress & iron, go work as iron miner and if you want to help your group about civilian score while earning more iron, go work as scrapper, stop nerfing that is already fair in server.
It's not fair. I've said it countless times and I'll say it again, It's giving you a shit ton of iron in return of you buying a tow truck?? But spending over 100 hours to get L10 iron miner gives you less iron than that. No sorry. If you want more iron you gotta work for it, dont just condone the easy way just because it benefits you, and I mean come on, of course the community is gonna reject it, you know why? Because you dont say no to free money. But think about it for a second outside your own benefit from it. And you mentioning the job progress has nothing to do with the iron miner. It's a main job, doesnt make sense if a side job gives you more than a MAX rank main job, not even close to logical. People who worked for L10 should be rewarded with this kind of income, but people who just picked up a tow truck and wander around need to get less than the others, because that's BALANCE.

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #12 on: 05 07, 2021, 03:33:45 am »
At the first place why your title is talking about 'nerf' it will get more confuse to people who gonna read this topic. Anyway, let's go back to the main topic here. Nerfing tow truck side mission doesn't solve the problem why? it will be still the same because if the job can reach the earn limit in the fastest way then people is gonna work on that job and problem is still in there do you get my point? and let's talk about the payment resources of it since that's what you talking about here. We already know that iron miner and cave miner is already dead because there is time to regenerate the spot again and when there is a lot of people working on that jobs it becomes less or your work will become slowly to get the resources in short they are going to work as miner which is once you mine the block it's already yours. So, what's my point here? They choose the easiest way to get iron if the other type of miner is crowded then they will choose other job to get iron.

NEGATIVE
Every job can reach the earn limit in the hour, it just depends on how long it takes. About the title, technically it's a nerf because it's decreasing the amount of iron per scrap car, but at the same time it's balancing as it's OP. About the thing "reaching earnlimit the fastest way", decreasing it to that amount puts hard working L10 miners slightly above them, as I said 7 minutes isnt much of a difference, so the iron mine wont be jam packed, there will be some people here in the mine and some people there scrapping cars, therefore not putting 1 job above all others, and reviving the other.

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 05 07, 2021, 03:36:55 am »
But on L10. Iron Miner I can reach it in 33 minutes???
That's more likely to be true, but what is less likely to be true is the following statement of yours.
i've seen people get earn limit in 10-9 minutes. So shouldn't be a problem for them to hit the earnlimit in 20 minutes right?
This seems to me like a lie, unless you can prove it, because I usually hit earning limit in 20-25 minutes or perhaps more, considering there are many competitors out there and I actually spend a lot of effort driving and trying to reach the delivery point. In Iron Miner or Miner you just have to click a few rocks, not to race and compete against other workers to seek for faster earning.

Iron Miner and Miner gives more iron than a Mechanic gets, the 2000 iron is counted for more money than how it would be counted for other jobs (Iron Miner and Miner)

It's good as it is and I don't see a problem if players choose to do a specific job over another, towing could just be more fun than clicking a few objects. Negative.

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #14 on: 05 07, 2021, 04:05:00 am »
That's more likely to be true, but what is less likely to be true is the following statement of yours.This seems to me like a lie, unless you can prove it, because I usually hit earning limit in 20-25 minutes or perhaps more, considering there are many competitors out there and I actually spend a lot of effort driving and trying to reach the delivery point. In Iron Miner or Miner you just have to click a few rocks, not to race and compete against other workers to seek for faster earning.

Iron Miner and Miner gives more iron than a Mechanic gets, the 2000 iron is counted for more money than how it would be counted for other jobs (Iron Miner and Miner)

It's good as it is and I don't see a problem if players choose to do a specific job over another, towing could just be more fun than clicking a few objects. Negative.
Don't forget that almost everybody working as a scrapper has his tow truck fully tuned, which means he has no problem towing cars and reaching the earnlimit in 10 minutes or less, you can see my ss listed above, I hit the earnlimit in 11 minutes, now bear in mind that I actually missed quite a few cars, so I was forced to look for another one and even then, I still hit 11 minutes, and btw if you're having trouble getting scrap cars, there are 2 states SF/LS, SF is usually full, LS too, but I find SF quite easier.
Now what I'm talking about is instead of giving people the easy way of getting iron without working hard to reach L10 and THEN they can get rewarded with this amount of iron, we can give them the alternative way, a bit less effective  way of getting iron if they're not into leveling up and getting the big reward, which is pretty much scrapping cars, but lower the rewards so the main job gets a chance.

I would like you to elaborate on that statement, please give the exact value the iron is calculated by on both sides.