Author Topic: Buffing the Lumberjack job  (Read 3073 times)

Offline Fantasy

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Fantasy
Buffing the Lumberjack job
« on: 07 07, 2021, 12:20:52 am »
I was going around testing jobs and what got my most attention was the lumberjack, since i'm Level 10 in it I decided to test it, and to my surprise, the job is severely underpaid and clearly dead. I decided to test it for an hour of earn limit and see what it has to offer. To no one's surprise, it was awful.
Screenshot before starting to work:
Show content

Screenshot just before the earnlimit reset:
Show content

As you can see, I didn't even get close to the earn limit before the timer hit 0, so a change has to be made to give it a chance at reviving it again. In my opinion the amount of reward should be, 110% more than the current based on my calculations below, So for example:

L10 Lumberjack: 6 hemps and 6 herbs per tree >> 12.6 hemps and 12.6 herbs per tree
Now, if decimals can't be applied in game, then 100% more than the current amount is good, just adds 3 more minutes to hit the earn limit compared to the 110% more version
Now I would list all changes in the rewards in all ranks, but I have no idea how much the other ranks get, so i'm gonna leave that to the devs.

If we increase the reward by 110%, The amount of time needed to hit the earn limit would be about 32-34 minutes (L10) which is the optimum range of time almost all jobs have.

All the calculations I made:
Show content
1 tree = 700$ in the earn limit, 6 hemps and 6 herbs (L10 wise) each with the price of 58.33 each earnlimit wise
700/2 = 350 (350$ worth of hemps, 350$ worth of herbs), 350/6 = 58.333 [price of hemps and herbs based on the earnlimit equation]
380,000/700 = 542 (amount of trees needed to hit the earn limit)
8 seconds pass from hitting one tree, to it falling, to hitting another.
(542* 8 )/60 [to get it in minutes] = 72.27 minutes to hit the earn limit, clearly the earn limit resets before you approach its end.

He who strikes terror in others is himself continually in fear. - Claudius Claudianus

Offline Number69

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Number69
  • Squad: DriftWorks
Re: Buffing the Lumberjack job
« Reply #1 on: 07 07, 2021, 02:19:55 am »
It's a very underpaid job and needs a buff. positive :tick:
(LOC) [2][PRiu$]Number69#NFS: Nigga
You have been admin killed [CIT]Pilovali#KLM'Ns
(LOC) [2][CIT]Pilovali#KLM'Ns: Dont call me nigga

Offline Cyber

YearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 07 07, 2021, 05:21:42 am »
 :tick:

Honestly, Lumberjack was ever only good for the leveling rewards, especially at L10 with the $1,000,000 for the achievement. That was the only reason why I ever worked as a lumberjack in the first place. There isn't an incentive that attracts players to the job, so I totally agree with your suggestion. Hemp sells pretty well on the market, increasing the amount we for a tree will definitely get people playing it more often.

Offline Drago.

• Weird Dragon
  • L4 Staff
  • Manners Maketh Man.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: [CIT]Drago#SAS
  • Squad: Elixir
« Reply #3 on: 07 07, 2021, 05:42:01 am »
Yes I agree with Fantasy here. Lumberjack was only used as a quick level up job and not an actual balanced paid job. I think the job requires a solid rework in terms of payouts for the players to get attracted towards it and actually have  fun playing it rather than just level up.

The calculations made by him are actually on point, given that you hit the earn limit in 35'ish minutes at level 10, which sounds pretty balanced to me. I am definitely looking forward to this change and I hope it will be worth it as well, since lumberjack gets pretty dead after everyone hits L10.

Therefore, I am voting positive :tick: on this suggestion. Thank you for reading.
Head State Official
BEST SAS VETERAN
Lieutenant General of Armed Forces
Ex.Director of The Institute
"nah I'm not that dumb" - Darius 2023

Offline Saifo

• Community Event Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLMer
  • Ingame: Saifo
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #4 on: 07 07, 2021, 12:02:27 pm »
It's actually a dead job. I barely see people working it and I myself worked it when I just wanted L10 rewards and sometimes for the civilian challenges stuff and I totally agree with you, calculations you made were already clear and the job should be buffed in order to hit the limit and to be balanced with the other civilian jobs.
Saifo added as Arabic helper. (13.07.2021 AHs + Counter + Traxex)

Offline Marky'

• Senior Community Member
  • 我失败了一次只有一次
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #5 on: 07 07, 2021, 01:18:18 pm »
Well, lumberjack gets pretty dead since a lot of players in the server are already got L10 in Lumberjack and your calculations are clear and in this job should get beffed, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Axe

• New Community Member
  • abok
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 07 07, 2021, 02:37:01 pm »
Actually, Lumberjack is a dead job that no one is even interested in working as a lumberjack since it's only a quick job to level up especially when you reach L10 (1M Reward), the calculations made by him on the point and it proves how it's hard to reach the earn limit (the earn limit will reset before you even reach it), The job is definitely underpaid and needs a solid rework in-case you wanna motivate players playing and having fun working as a lumberjack and not only to reach L10 and quit it, Those 2 screenshots: 1 - 2 shows how the job is dead and no one playing it or barely when you find one. Buffing and making it playable and it's payments balanced with the other jobs won't harm anybody, Positive
fr

Offline |Lucky

• Regular Community Member
  • Guard_Ghosts Your Nightmares
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Guard_Ghosts
  • Ingame: [GG]LuckY*
« Reply #7 on: 07 07, 2021, 11:45:03 pm »
Since all civilians used to level up lumberjack job To L10 jobs then they forget about it because its underpaid and unbalanced job  . In my opinion lumberjack job its a good job u can cut trees with your friends and chatting together so for sure this job need a buff and I believe this buff will help more player to make more  money and have fun with their friends also u make a good calculations right there.
* My  vote is Positive  :tick:
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Offline Nyle

• Group: FightForHonor
« Reply #8 on: 08 07, 2021, 10:35:11 am »
The lumberjack seems more like a dead job compared to other jobs. With such updates, we can both keep the job active and I think we will have the opportunity to buy and sell the items gained through the job more actively in F7. My vote is positive.

Offline Gnar2

• Ex Regular Police Chief
  • Group: GLA
  • Ingame: SSC-Gnar[GLA]
  • Squad: The_Society
« Reply #9 on: 08 07, 2021, 10:44:21 am »
The job is actually dead, I usually see it empty without a single civilian working in any of the Lumberjack locationsaround the map..According to your calculation it's so underpaid, I would like to see it standing on its feet again so civilians can spend time on it aswell. Going :tick:

Offline ixi910

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CvX by heart
  • Ingame: ixi910
« Reply #10 on: 08 07, 2021, 10:57:57 am »
The thing is, as multiple people have pointed out already, this job is extremely easy to level up in and a lot of people are L10 in it already because of that. If you balance the jobs payments and adjust it so its similar to other jobs, you have to also adjust the level requirements, otherwise the job would become a bit OP, since you would have to put in considerably less effort here to get to L10 than in other jobs. While in general I think it's a good idea to rebalance this job, I'll stay negative for now. I'll change my vote to positive if the requirements of the job get adjusted as well
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Who am I? We'll find out in my introduction (updated on 12.05.2020)
ex-Assistant Head State Official -- ex-Punishment Appeal Manager

Offline Fantasy

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Fantasy
« Reply #11 on: 08 07, 2021, 01:06:31 pm »
The thing is, as multiple people have pointed out already, this job is extremely easy to level up in and a lot of people are L10 in it already because of that. If you balance the jobs payments and adjust it so its similar to other jobs, you have to also adjust the level requirements, otherwise the job would become a bit OP, since you would have to put in considerably less effort here to get to L10 than in other jobs. While in general I think it's a good idea to rebalance this job, I'll stay negative for now. I'll change my vote to positive if the requirements of the job get adjusted as well
I've already put into account the requirements thing, that's why I suggested it to be 100% which makes the job hit the earn limit in 38-40 minutes. Now almost all jobs hit the earn limit in 35 minutes, so why would they play as a lumberjack when there are other options that are slightly better? It would be balanced if the requirements are the same but the pay is just slightly below other jobs so a newbie doesnt just grind it for the money, he would grind it to reach L10 but then would want to try another job because he can see that that job pays just a tiny bit better, his instinct would make him go work that job, while having a second job (lumberjack) incase he finds it hard to level up in other jobs and wants to stick with this. And bear in mind there are some jobs that, if you are experienced a bit, would make you hit the earnlimit in 30 minutes or less. I would count that as a reward for your experience, like car scrapper for example.
« Last Edit: 08 07, 2021, 01:10:52 pm by Fantasy »
He who strikes terror in others is himself continually in fear. - Claudius Claudianus

Offline Babushka

• Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #12 on: 08 07, 2021, 01:15:51 pm »
I recently grinded Lumberjack for Level 10, and I also noticed that the payment is almost negligible (Even if the earn limit gets 50%, nobody buys hemp and herbs and u have to sell it to AI, at a much lower rate:- $40). It would be good if the payment gets better as more players will play it instead of just grinding for level up like I did.

Voting Positive

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #13 on: 08 07, 2021, 09:55:11 pm »
Umm, you earned $293K playing it for 1 hour and you think it needs increasing by 110%..?
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Babushka

• Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #14 on: 08 07, 2021, 10:20:36 pm »
Umm, you earned $293K playing it for 1 hour and you think it needs increasing by 110%..?
It's not about earning but earn limit. Even after doing lumber jack for 1 hour rigorously, he wasn't able to hit the earn limit ,while you can hit earnlimit by scrapping for 30mins even after the nerf.
After 110% buffing up you would be able to hit the earn limit of 380k in about 38mins. If you think 110% is too much, you can of course make it 80%, ans you would be be to hit the earn limit in 43 mins.

p.s The calculations are approximations but quite close to the actual figures.

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member