Author Topic: Coloring your own lines in J  (Read 2324 times)

Offline FaDy#QQ

• Junior Community Member
  • Q_Q
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Coloring your own lines in J
« on: 29 03, 2014, 02:41:41 pm »
Hi,
Firstly I dont know if it was suggested before or no,
Im suggesting so Yours line get colored in J so it would be easy to search for some lines to complaint or something like that and more useful things,
/discus the color and the suggestion

EDIT: You can enable/disable it from /settings
Regards,

Replies' answers
Show content
As far as I know, for staff members, their color not only appears red in the support chat but also in all the chats in the Chat Interface. Well if you want to highlight the color, then I got an idea. Suppose, you're trying to report someone by taking SS of the group chat in J, and there you want to highlight a person's and your messages, then what about adding a command like /highlight <Name> or some command like that. And after we enter the command, there should be a GUI of the color we want to insert over the player's name in the interface (just like the /headlights GUI).
To remove, just use /removehighlights all or /removehighlights <Name>, where 'all' will remove every player's highlight color added.

I'm sorry, if this cannot be scripted, but it's a good idea and I'm supporting it.
You are talking about an another application, Anyway, Ima quote it to the suggestion

Shefo, as TcR said, it would be colored for you only, so it wont be trolling or something

Yes, You're right KmilO

Ex_TcR, About the color it would be better to add the command so /jcolor to put the color you want

People's suggestions -
Show content
What about adding a command like /chatcolor or /jcolor something like that ?
As far as I know, for staff members, their color not only appears red in the support chat but also in all the chats in the Chat Interface. Well if you want to highlight the color, then I got an idea. Suppose, you're trying to report someone by taking SS of the group chat in J, and there you want to highlight a person's and your messages, then what about adding a command like /highlight <Name> or some command like that. And after we enter the command, there should be a GUI of the color we want to insert over the player's name in the interface (just like the /headlights GUI).
To remove, just use /removehighlights all or /removehighlights <Name>, where 'all' will remove every player's highlight color added.
Pretty nice idea, in fact, I was thinking about this suggestion yesterday lol. Anyway, pink color would be fine because we need a bright color and I think blue isn't that bright therefore I think pink would be good. Or maybe as Shefo said, a command will be added for us to choose the color that we want for example /supportchatcolor R G B or something.
« Last Edit: 29 03, 2014, 08:02:34 pm by FaDy' »
WE ALL GONNA DIE

Offline Shefo

• Donator L1
  • UltimateForce ♥
  • Group: TheMyth
Re: Coloring your own lines in J
« Reply #1 on: 29 03, 2014, 02:59:12 pm »
Well, I dont think so that it will be in support chat because supporters color green, staffs red, but we can add it to kills and chat only.

Remind yourself that you don't have to do what everyone else is doing

Chillax

« Reply #2 on: 29 03, 2014, 03:03:00 pm »
You know what, If this suggestion got added in game, the Support panel will get spamed with multi color, everyone will have his own color, But I have something better!
Supporters who should be able to color there lines, Not everyone.

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #3 on: 29 03, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »
You know what, If this suggestion got added in game, the Support panel will get spamed with multi color, everyone will have his own color, But I have something better!
Supporters who should be able to color there lines, Not everyone.

I think he means, a color to recognize your own lines, but only you will see the color.

Am I right Fady?

Offline Ex_TcR

• Computer Scientist
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Law Representative
« Reply #4 on: 29 03, 2014, 03:12:37 pm »
Well, I dont think so that it will be in support chat because supporters color green, staffs red, but we can add it to kills and chat only.

I think he meant that Only you'll be able to see your colour and other people's chat lines will be as it is now/at the moment, so that you can search for your own lines easily. And for others, it'll not be coloured, a colour that will suit. For example blue?

I am neutral since its even helpful and maybe not possible.

I think he means, a color to recognize your own lines, but only you will see the color.

Am I right Fady?
ye I think.
Ex. Honourable <3
Former L4. Staff | Groups Level Manager | Assistant Head Police Chief | Longest-term Active Ingame Supporter | Law Representative

`YoSiF`

« Reply #5 on: 29 03, 2014, 03:21:08 pm »
Pretty nice idea, in fact, I was thinking about this suggestion yesterday lol. Anyway, pink color would be fine because we need a bright color and I think blue isn't that bright therefore I think pink would be good. Or maybe as Shefo said, a command will be added for us to choose the color that we want for example /supportchatcolor R G B or something.

Offline GamerFTW

• The Polymath
  • Senior Community Member
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: GamerFTW#SAPD
  • Squad: AS-SAMD
« Reply #6 on: 29 03, 2014, 04:08:14 pm »

I'm sorry, if this cannot be scripted, but it's a good idea and I'm supporting it.
SAPD
Law
Fairness

~ forever

TommyBoy1998

« Reply #7 on: 29 03, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »
Exactly, it's almost the same what some another admin has recommended for the server. But then you can stop the time at console so that you have time to copy anything or something like that. Yes, I think this is a good idea and for that you can choose your own color as I like to do ;)

spy102

« Reply #8 on: 31 03, 2014, 09:05:19 pm »
How about putting this for all the chats ? Like choosing a colour you like, only seen by you.

Like that it will also be better to find all your lines in any chat, it would be nice if having a box in chat that have all your replys in it, from every chat without the other lines.

Offline FaDy#QQ

• Junior Community Member
  • Q_Q
« Reply #9 on: 04 04, 2014, 11:44:42 am »
How about putting this for all the chats ? Like choosing a colour you like, only seen by you.

Like that it will also be better to find all your lines in any chat, it would be nice if having a box in chat that have all your replys in it, from every chat without the other lines.
Already suggesting it to all chats not only Support
i said J
WE ALL GONNA DIE

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 07 04, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.