Author Topic: Minerals course giving 10% more Iron instead of 3%  (Read 2056 times)

Offline KmilO

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Minerals course giving 10% more Iron instead of 3%
« on: 06 06, 2015, 05:21:42 am »
As suggested by one of our workers:

I am going to talk about that course of Mineral that gave you 3% more iron. Well today I was working as Iron Miner, I actually passed that course of minerals and thought that course is just useless as you only get 3% more iron when you work as iron miner and also it's just less, meanwhile othors job  courses if you have passed them they give you 5% more payment or depending on the job you are doing (Only few job has course). Well So I am here suggesting that in Mineral course you you get atleast 10% more iron if you work as Iron Miner.

As to answer to your words:

Then the job would be 7% unbalanced.

I'd like to show why should this be added.

1. Giving a real use to the course
The Minerals course give you 3% more of extracted iron, but the max amount this represents is 7 grams more when you are level 10. Per hour, it would mean 932 grams more for L10s.

932*7= $6,524 more money.

So saying this amount motivates them to pass the course is completely absurd. So yeah... They can just ignore the course then... But wouldn't it be a waste of time for the one who wasted his time to make the course itself? South Harmon Institute of Technology project was created as a new method to make players get some knowledge about basic stuff of the real life while getting an ingame reward. If we do not implement it... Where is the point of having it then? I guess it's easier to change a single value rather than wasting the time you and some more people invested in this system.

2. Won't generate a great unbalance
Changing the value from 3% to 10% would result in L10 Iron Miners getting 25 grams more instead of just 7. Applying the same equation, we would get the following values:

25 grams * 4 rocks = 100 extra grams per mining point.
30 mining points per hour: 3000 extra grams.
3000*7= $21,000 more.

$21,000 more per hour is not a big difference and, considering that we are trying to encourage them as to use the course, it would be worth to give it a try.

All is explained as it's supossed to be. I hope you consider it this time.

Regards!
« Last Edit: 06 06, 2015, 05:59:07 am by KmilO »

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: Minerals course giving 10% more Iron instead of 3%
« Reply #1 on: 06 06, 2015, 05:51:44 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.