Author Topic: 2011 Speech  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
2011 Speech
« on: 29 12, 2011, 01:20:54 am »
I made a speech last year when we had an opening party. This years speech is too long to have ingame though so I'll post it here. It's more of a motivational speech than anything. My hope is to motivate/inspire people to achieve the things that they dream of. If I actually have motivated you enough to achieve one of your dreams I'd love to know about it or if you need any advice about how to go about achieving your dream you can PM/email me.

I had a dream. A server that was always on the right track, free from admin abusers and people who just didn't care. To reach my dream I had to start from scratch. For a while I doubted my dream, hoping that what we had now was alright. Eventually I had reached my decision, I knew that what I wanted wasn't going to come to me, I had to go out and get it.

The odds against me were huge and the haters were many. Every time I read something negative towards my project my determination got stronger and stronger. People were being negative because they knew that what I was going to achieve was something that they could never achieve. I faced many obstacles in my path, at times I wanted to give up, but I knew if something has this many obstacles, it must be worth it.

It wasn't just my ability to script that got us this far, it was another ability I've always had but never given a chance to use it. Leadership is not a simple task of telling people what to do, that's called management. Leaders make the first step and other people who want the same thing will follow, but thats just the start, there is much more to it.

After just 6 months of going public the server had climbed above all others and at that point it was safe to say that with enough motivation, determination and the right abilities, even dreams can be achieved. Our achievements haven't just helped us, through our server many friendships have been formed amongst players, one of the few unnoticeable achievements.

Do you have a dream? Do you think that you will never be able to achieve your dream? You can either continue to doubt yourself forever or you can try. If your intentions are true then the chance of success is there for you. If you're afraid of failure remember these 2 quotes: "Failure is the only opportunity to begin again more intelligently." - Henry Ford. "I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work" - Thomas Edison.

Even in successful projects like this one I endured many failures of my cause, because failing is normal and as long as you learn from your mistakes every failure is a step forwards. Write down what it is you want to achieve and then make a plan and do some research. Calculate how you can get from your current position to where you want to get to, not in the shortest route possible but the best route.

Dreams aren't easy things to achieve, but with the right mindset almost any thing is possible. Don't wait for somebody else to do it.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Cerinsh

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Cerinsh
Re: 2011 Speech
« Reply #1 on: 29 12, 2011, 02:10:11 am »
nice speech, really inspiring  :)
« Last Edit: 29 12, 2011, 02:58:58 am by cerinsh »
- Ex. L2 staff member
-Honorary member of SWAT Team
-Ex. SWAT Team Commander

The Amazonic

« Reply #2 on: 29 12, 2011, 02:34:06 am »
Really great. It does motivate me...

We can change the world and change the way it wants us to go, just never stay low. Always look up and you'll reach the top!

Offline MAMOU08

• GTFO from my head!
  • Group: Camorra Family
  • Ingame: MAMOU08
  • Squad: Workaholics
« Reply #3 on: 29 12, 2011, 04:42:34 am »
It's great Arran ,it inspiring me ,thank you for that
Proud To Be Algerian

Legenden-

« Reply #4 on: 29 12, 2011, 08:56:06 am »
Great speech! It is motivating.

Mr.S

« Reply #5 on: 29 12, 2011, 10:39:00 am »
Good speech, inspiring.

xax

« Reply #6 on: 29 12, 2011, 12:38:00 pm »
You truly have come a long way Arran. Quite a long way since the time you were "Tuna" :)

Congratulations on keeping this server and community open for a year, and I hope that it continues on for many years to come.

ChUlice

« Reply #7 on: 29 12, 2011, 01:23:18 pm »
Really great  ;)

Offline Rusty

• Honorable
  • Forever a CITizen
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Rusty
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #8 on: 31 12, 2011, 05:05:42 am »
That's a really great speech, very inspiring! You've worked very hard to achieve your goal, and hopefully your story will serve others well as they try to achieve their goals as well!
Need help with something CIT-related? Answers to many questions can be found in the Tutorials & Guides section. If you can't find what you're looking for there, ask about your issue in the General Support / Questions section and someone will be happy to help you.

Offline Gonzalo

• Honorable
  • Lua, C#, PHP, HTML & CSS Developer
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Gonzalo|BNA
  • Squad: SO -Special Ops
« Reply #9 on: 31 12, 2011, 10:36:34 pm »
Arran: What you have made in the last year, its incredible, I joined this server long after it was created, but in the moment I joined, I thought that it was a server made like 5 years ago, because of the level of hard work of every admins, and the amount of players online. After time passed by, I started to get more involved in the community, and found out that the server was less than a year old, but it was so great that I couldnt believe it. So all I have to say, for you, and for all your team, is congratulations, and I hope your 2012, is equally successful as 2011 was. Happy New Year for all the community, and thanks for making m have so much fun in the last months.
Innovation fuels success

abdou2208:)

« Reply #10 on: 01 01, 2012, 01:28:01 pm »
It's great Arran ,it inspiring me ,thank you for that
yea arran nice one dude 8)