Author Topic: Bring back law scores to F1 panel and forum tab.  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Bring back law scores to F1 panel and forum tab.
« on: 02 06, 2021, 03:18:46 pm »
This suggestion is a result of my agenda therefore @JayXxX is credited for suggesting it.

Suggestion in one paragraph: Bring back law scores to F1 and forum tabs

What are the possible benefits regarding the addition of this suggestion? Law groups used to compete to hit higher scores to flex about it or race for it, just having fun mainly. This was really competitive and a lot of players were keen on getting higher and higher scores for their groups. I don't know who but someone suggested it to be disabled for the reason "Police Team should work as a team and not race or compete for arrest points" and clearly the second option was never achieved as a result of that suggestion, the actual result was basically making it not interesting to keep arresting criminals once you hit the limit. But by adding this feature back, you will 100% give cops an interesting reason to keep playing whether they hit earning limit or not.

Competition is what makes this game fun and more interesting: It is actually a fact, battlepass for example has a lot of participants in many categories (civ jobs, top killers) and people are actually keen on continuing doing things to surpass other players. Simply, groups should compete to have a higher police score, 'police working as a team' is not a valid excuse to deprive law groups from that competition.

What is this probably gonna fix? Players who work as police have got careless and they ignore most activities all the time (for reasons like: Don't give them wanted points by dying, lol) and this addition is gonna make cops active more than before as they will have a total different reason to fight for. This is a probable cause and it's not guaranteed that it will fix it but it's a step to help.

Side Idea: Increase top score reward by 100% for both sides and it will be even more competitive.
« Last Edit: 02 06, 2021, 03:21:25 pm by Senza »

Offline BlackBear

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Bring back law scores to F1 panel and forum tab.
« Reply #1 on: 02 06, 2021, 10:03:12 pm »
I agree with everything except this:
you will 100% give cops an interesting reason to keep playing whether they hit earning limit or not.
there is another problem that makes the law side dies. that problem is more important than this tbh. group level system is a huge problem, to maintain your group's level you must make players play more, right? well, all official law groups do this but not on the law side, on the civilian side instead. I think the old system works better. how many patrols and training but the old one was made carelessly. there is another problem which is arresting newbies is ALWAYS better than attending CEs, ARs and riots. positive.
btw isn't this suggestion still blacklisted?
Show content
« Last Edit: 02 06, 2021, 10:06:00 pm by BlackBear »

Offline Farhan

• Official CE & AR Map Editor
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Farhan
  • Squad: Prodigy
« Reply #2 on: 02 06, 2021, 10:36:50 pm »
I was against it's removal at first place, If you see, the Law side is dying day by day and the reason could be that there is no competition in law side just like criminal or any other side.
The reason of it's removal was itself very stupid that it affected Law patrols and trainings and they kept playing Ces and ARs, now if you look at the side, you will hardly find any of them at even ARs and CEs as there is no competition in the side and they mostly prefer to just chill around or play as civilian because to keep the group level they just need to be active as a group as there is nothing to prove their field performance nor there is any fun left without having some competition.. For the sake of some side activities you killed the whole side and now we all are struggling because of it.
I am highly POSITIVE for it.

Offline Madaus

• Junior Community Member
  • Left MTA
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SCORPIONS™️
« Reply #3 on: 02 06, 2021, 10:38:37 pm »
that will makes the law side more active and people will race I know but its more fun to see everyone racing and having fun at the same time. but now law side is died and they only work to get money and leave not like how it was before.

positive

Offline Vermouth

• The Enigmatic
  • Senior Community Member
  • Eid Mubarak Y'all!
    YearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vermouth
« Reply #4 on: 02 06, 2021, 11:49:31 pm »
Ireally support this suggestion at least it'll wake the cops out of their coma and at least make them more competitive.
Indeed, the law side is dying cuz of those who just prefer to spend their time like becoming civilians as u said.
Yes, my vote is positive for sure.

Regards.

The Sergeant of SAPD
Katana.
“Games don't make you violent, lag does.”

Offline Ths

• State Official
  • IF I'M WRONG EDUCATE ME DON'T BELITTLE ME
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 03 06, 2021, 02:01:33 am »
Greetings,

I don't even agree of removing law score before because this one of subject that making law alive and having fun with other group. bringing back the law score to F1 Make them competitive and  makes the law side alive again. Therefore, my vote is POSITIVE I hope it will be back again soon.
Ths added as Filipino helper. (31.08.2020 GMs + MgD)
September 23th: @Ths Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika + Ptole
January 10th: @Ths  Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + Kuldeep
June 3rd: @Ths Accepted for SCM. -- Ptole + FMMs
Saturday, August 26, 2023: Added Ths as Associate State Official. (SO Team)
ᴬᶜᴱ ᴾᴴ

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • Honorable
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #6 on: 03 06, 2021, 03:16:52 am »
Negative

law scores are a meaningless value that can easily be boosted with a higher number of online players, players being online for more than 12 hours, groups fully putting their focus on chasing high-wp players by themselves while avoiding any teamwork in the law side as a whole and also avoiding group activities and other ingame events that prevent them from maximizing their score points, all of these things for the traditional effect of top scores always displaying the lowest-quality groups in the top scores since the day they have been invented, and to generate a score table which has no purpose for anyone, neither for the group management, nor for "comparing yourself with other groups"

Besides that, you can already see your groupscores at the end of each day in your group history so there isnt any neccessity for the things in your suggestion.
If you want to see your current score before the day ends, then suggest that you can see your own progress, but there is no reason for you to see the scores of other groups.
This garbage "competition" is not compatible with a team which is -in its entirety- intended to work as a team at any given time and not isolated/in concurrence

By the way, already primitive statements like this show that you dont understand anything about the CnR and its mechanics and it indicates that you dont seem to be qualified enough to deal with such central topics about the CnR system:
What is this probably gonna fix? Players who work as police have got careless and they ignore most activities all the time (for reasons like: Don't give them wanted points by dying, lol)

Offline Marky'

• 我失败了一次只有一次
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Marky
  • Squad: Elixir FOREVER
« Reply #7 on: 03 06, 2021, 03:39:43 am »
Well, adding back the law score to the F1 panel will gonna make sense and the other law side will gonna race and it makes sense and some fun in-law side but right now law side dies maybe this is the key to make others law group alive, Positive.

"No 999 Flip is 666, 999 Represent Takin Whatever Hell, Whatever Negative Situation You're In And Turning It Into Something Positive"
July 28, 2021: Marky' added as Associate State Official
August 5, 2021 Marky' has been added as DJ

Offline Mr.Pringles

• CIT Radio DJ
  • aka Abo-Warda | Sanchez Master
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: Mr.Pringles
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #8 on: 03 06, 2021, 11:40:11 am »
The law side lacks competition between groups and their daily progress, unlike criminal groups where the competition make groups work hard to beat scores and eventually, activating the criminal side. Maybe adding the law scores will motivate groups to beat other scores and making the law side back active again. Positive
5thStreetSaints
The_ReNeGaDeS
CITRadio

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
« Reply #9 on: 03 06, 2021, 12:23:09 pm »
This garbage "competition" is not compatible with a team which is -in its entirety- intended to work as a team at any given time and not isolated/in concurrence
Police performance was so much higher when such a thing existed (and probably other things), and it didn't help to make police work as a 'team' as you are suggesting, it never changed much in the aspect of 'team work' when law daily got removed.

Police chiefs give wrong calls, just as suggested by people like you, I see a lot of PCs advice and order cops not to attend activities all the time as a matter of 'team work' although many times police would've won if they cooperated and entered an activity together.

Competition doesn't defeat the purpose of team work, and I got my evidence for that. As you see, criminals always play as a team in ARs, CEs, they cooperate very well because they have quality leaders telling them what to do (and 'not attending activities' is not any of their calls), and most of them are experienced criminals. They have a criminal daily and it never defeated the purpose of 'teaming' while playing, so what you are saying isn't right and doesn't necessarily qualify you to deal with such central topics about the CnR system' either. Criminals also seek to have as many kills as possible (by competing) and they never lost the 'work as a team' aspect because of that, I could only imagine if 3-4 professional and skilled cops do the same most of the time, a lot can change.

Offline TheHacker

• New Community Member
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: 1337
  • Squad: Vainglory
« Reply #10 on: 03 06, 2021, 12:37:08 pm »
I do agree on bringing law scores back, mainly because it doesn't make sense to have it for other sides but not for law side. As mentioned by Farhan, removing the law scores has decreased cops' motivation to keep on grinding and working to achieve better score. Adding it back will bring back the motivation that the law side is currently lacking and possibly improve CnR because both sides will be active because of it. I'm positive on bringing back law scores to F1 panel and forum tab.
im going to get TheGaymer kicked too
sooo dont worry

Offline Shane

• I'm not gonna fall.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Shane
  • Squad: DriftWorks
« Reply #11 on: 03 06, 2021, 01:25:15 pm »
We've seen before what law score does to this side, it kills it internally.. we've seen how law members would do anything to prevent other cops from getting high WPs
this wouldn't do shit for the good of the law it'd just increase the toxicity of it
as far as I remember this was removed because of the toxicity and how cops would wait for the last hit to steal the kills and I personally am not ready to deal with that again tbh, so big Negative
(GROUP NOTE) MJR-Amr*APO: Shane is the lowest rank ever to hold X-A-M. Good job!

Offline Babushka

• Babushito - Gobi
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Babushka[SAPD]
  • Squad: The_Expendables
« Reply #12 on: 03 06, 2021, 01:35:37 pm »
I was probably inactive when the law scores were removed from F1 panel so I don't know much about the reason for its removal. But as of now, I don't think of any reason to NOT bring it back, I mean criminals and civilians and even LV groups have their own scores and there is a competition to outrun each other.
Negative

law scores are a meaningless value that can easily be boosted with a higher number of online players, players being online for more than 12 hours, groups fully putting their focus on chasing high-wp players

I think this is what you always desire when you are online, cops chasing the high WLs and prevent them from becoming APBs.
If this update would boost the activity of cops, there is no harm in implementing this. However, I understand Dimit's concern about lack of teamwork and discipline but we are already lacking them atm. I am voting Positive for this suggestion if this is meant for the benefit of the Law Side.
« Last Edit: 03 06, 2021, 01:37:54 pm by Babushka »

SAPD Officer | Ex Community Event Manager | ex. ICM | Ex CIT News Headlines Publisher | Regular Community Member

Offline BlackBear

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 03 06, 2021, 04:01:41 pm »
Negative

law scores are a meaningless value that can easily be boosted with a higher number of online players, players being online for more than 12 hours, groups fully putting their focus on chasing high-wp players by themselves while avoiding any teamwork in the law side as a whole and also avoiding group activities and other ingame events that prevent them from maximizing their score points, all of these things for the traditional effect of top scores always displaying the lowest-quality groups in the top scores since the day they have been invented, and to generate a score table which has no purpose for anyone, neither for the group management, nor for "comparing yourself with other groups"
"groups, groups, groups" where is that groups?  all official groups are like "5 members online and AFK" just to maintain their group level(the only group I saw making "patrols" was SAS). you're the only one who knows that, you're the only one who does the "re-group" thing and gets ignored by the most. when you remove the "toxicity" and "drama" you make the server with no purpose at all like what happened to LV. also, talking about "teamwork" while sitting in LSPD with 5 cops for hours waiting for units and spamming teamchat, do you know how much does this affect the law side? losing 5 units is like a big problem, 5 units can clear a 10-criminal-AR with MPCC truck. maybe you're right and regroup option is the best choice but separating the units like that is a dumb idea.
I'm not saying bringing back law scores will make the law side active. well, idk what's in the future but as I said in my last post this could help but not that much. also, we can try how much bringing back law scores will affect the law side, just implement it temporarily and watch the results.

Offline Nervous

• FBI Director
  • The sky is the limit
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Nervous[FBI]
« Reply #14 on: 03 06, 2021, 05:44:33 pm »
Negative.

I'm pretty sure that law scores was a headache for law groups during a long period of time. Many leaders (including me) were against this because a lot of groups invited tons of bots with 0 quality in order to spam the arrest points and the group was first because we are "active". No. I'm really against this suggestion. It caused more damage to the law side instead of helping it. At the end of the day it will bring more toxicity to the community.
A leader is one who knows the way goes the way and shows the way - John Maxwell