Author Topic: Reduce the time needed to wait to write another message in Shoutbox  (Read 5033 times)

Offline CocoNuT

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: CocoNuT
Hello everyone.

The title says it all, I'm suggesting to reduce the time needed to wait to write another message in Shoutbox (located in "Home" section).

I guess to reduce it to 30 secs or 1 minute, in my opinion there will not "spam" if the time gets reduced.

I suggest this because it's stressful waiting 2 minutes (120 seconds) to write another message, this happened to me minutes ago and days ago, I was talking with a friend about something in shoutbox, then I sent a message and I wanted to send another one, but a text appeared saying "Your last shout was less than 120 seconds ago. Please try again later."

Players' opinions:
If yes then there must be also limit for RCM and SCM's. JCM's - 60 sec, RCM's - 30 sec, SCM's - No time limit, what do you think? Not every member gets SCM, only trusted and old members of the community, that's why no limit for them.

Feel free to say your opinion about this!
« Last Edit: 24 01, 2014, 11:03:58 pm by CocoSP »
Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. - Bob Marley

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Master
  • Squad: CSA
You see, i've noticed a little thing in the shoutbox. When you shout, you must wait exactly 120 seconds to be able to shout again. But the thing is, if 90-100 seconds passed and you're trying to shout, the following message will appear "Your last shout was 120 seconds ago", but, you will be waiting 120 seconds again, not the 20-30 seconds. I mean you have to wait more if you shout within those 120 seconds and decreasing the amount of seconds would be better, maybe someone needs to share something important.
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...

Offline BoDy

• Be like a Prism
  • Ingame: BoDy
What about making it a new feature for the Community members?
Only JCM/RCM/SCM can write every 30 secs because they're kinda old/trusted people and ofc they won't spam because they care about warnings? and ofcourse they'll get punished if they wrote more than 3-4 msgs in a row for no actual reason.
Ex - BoDy
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new"

If it was easy, everyone could do it.

Who would have known, how bitter sweet it would taste.

Offline CocoNuT

What about making it a new feature for the Community members?
Only JCM/RCM/SCM can write every 30 secs because they're kinda old/trusted people and ofc they won't spam because they care about warnings? and ofcourse they'll get punished if they wrote more than 3-4 msgs in a row for no actual reason.

Uhmm, about only community members with a certain rank like JCM+ are able to post a message every 30 seconds, I don't know what to say, but imo it is not good.

In my opinion, this should be added for every member, even if that member just registered on forum
Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. - Bob Marley

Offline BoDy

• Be like a Prism
  • Ingame: BoDy
Uhmm, about only community members with a certain rank like JCM+ are able to post a message every 30 seconds, I don't know what to say, but imo it is not good.

In my opinion, this should be added for every member, even if that member just registered on forum
And then how can we know that he's not going to spam?
But JCM+ already showed that they're helpful and trustable and they have something to care about which is their community rank
so they care about warnings to avoid getting muted ofc, But the new members ? for example a guy who just regstered and he didn't even read a single rule and then just started to shout saying "Admin please..etc" He'll easily spam it..
that's why I wanted to make it only for Community members
Ex - BoDy
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new"

If it was easy, everyone could do it.

Who would have known, how bitter sweet it would taste.

Offline CocoNuT

But JCM+ already showed that they're helpful and trustable and they have something to care about which is their community rank
so they care about warnings to avoid getting muted ofc, But the new members ? for example a guy who just regstered and he didn't even read a single rule and then just started to shout saying "Admin please..etc" He'll easily spam it..

I just said "imo = in my opinion", I respect what you said, if I said "imo" I mean that probably there are more opinions coming from other members.

We guess that every old member with a community rank cares about warnings, I do care about warnings, I guess you too.

Offline KareemFTW

• Junior Community Member
  • Ingame: KareemFTW
what about making it 30 Sec for JCM+ and 60 sec for Normal members ?
Deputy Chief of San Andreas Police Department

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
what about making it 30 Sec for JCM+ and 60 sec for Normal members ?
If yes then there must be also limit for RCM and SCM's. JCM's - 60 sec, RCM's - 30 sec, SCM's - No time limit, what do you think? Not every member gets SCM, only trusted and old members of the community, that's why no limit for them.

Offline KareemFTW

• Junior Community Member
  • Ingame: KareemFTW
I guess this is better,but what about the normal members,they must wait 120 seconds as usual ?
Deputy Chief of San Andreas Police Department

Offline Zach

If you want to talk to people use the IRC, the shoutbox is such a trivial thing.
I miss nr7

Offline Master.

• The Temper
  • Honorable
  • Patience ☯
I guess this is better,but what about the normal members,they must wait 120 seconds as usual ?
Yes, KaReem, that's what suggestion is about.
If you want to talk to people use the IRC, the shoutbox is such a trivial thing.
Maybe we want to shout to each other in the shoutbox? We aren't talking about IRC atm, shoutbox, it is.

So it will be 120 secs for usual members, 60 seconds for JCM, 30 seconds for RCM and no limits for SCM. Add it, Coco. It's better.

Offline CocoNuT

I think you didn't get the point of talking in shoutbox.

I liked what you said, but I think this is better:

JCM and RCM = 30 seconds
SCM = No time limit
Normal members: 60 seconds

Offline Hidde

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: Hidde[AF]

Something important in shoutbox? If it's that important, go rather make a topic or something.
Ex. GEN Armed Forces
Ex. L3 Staff
Ex. CHF Police Administration and Management (2010-2011)