Author Topic: "nos_start" Command or Other Way to Bind Nitrous  (Read 594 times)

Offline Rusty

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: VET-Rusty[SAPD]
"nos_start" Command or Other Way to Bind Nitrous
« on: 17 07, 2018, 10:47:36 am »
As we know, CIT implements vehicle Nitrous differently than GTA:SA by letting us hold down the left mouse button to use Nitrous, and release it to stop using it as we choose. When this system was implemented some years back, a command known as "nos_start" was added with it so that we could re-map it to a different key/game pad button if we wanted to. This command did work differently however, as rather than holding down the bound key/button, you would instead press it once to activate your Nitrous and again to deactivate it.

I had used /bind pov_right nos_start in order to use that command on my PS3 controller's right directional button to control my Nitrous usage for years with no issues. However, I have been inactive on and off for several months now, and I've returned to see that binding nos_start to a key/button no longer works. The only way I can see now to control Nitrous is by using the left mouse button. I've tried other commands to see if it might have been changed, such as nosstart, nos, nitrous, and nitrous_start, all to no avail. I've also tried all of my key and button binds for Fire, Vehicle Fire, and Vehicle Secondary Fire. There is no indication in ESC > Settings > Binds while logged into the MTA server of any command that might control this feature.

My question is: Does anyone know of any command to re-map the usage of Nitrous in CIT?
Need help with something CIT-related? Answers to many questions can be found in the Tutorials & Guides section. If you can't find what you're looking for there, ask about it in the General Support / Questions section and someone will be happy to assist you.

Offline Coolit3

• Voice of Silence
  • L5 Staff
  • wow clickbait
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: "nos_start" Command or Other Way to Bind Nitrous
« Reply #1 on: 19 07, 2018, 12:09:36 am »
As you know, most CIT in-game commands can be found in your MTA Settings, so I've tried searching through the whole list, but, sadly, I couldn't find any similar commands to what you've mentioned.

It's probably not possible anymore.

Anything else? @Rusty 
« Last Edit: 19 07, 2018, 03:54:25 am by Coolit3 »

Offline Rusty

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: VET-Rusty[SAPD]
Re: "nos_start" Command or Other Way to Bind Nitrous
« Reply #2 on: 19 07, 2018, 03:02:17 am »
That's unfortunate, I'll make a suggestion about it. That will be all, thank you for your time.
Need help with something CIT-related? Answers to many questions can be found in the Tutorials & Guides section. If you can't find what you're looking for there, ask about it in the General Support / Questions section and someone will be happy to assist you.