Author Topic: Why are we here if we all gonna die?  (Read 851 times)

Offline Mero

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Mero[SAPD]
Why are we here if we all gonna die?
« on: 26 06, 2019, 05:39:37 pm »
I have been asking myself, why are we here if we are all gonna die?

Offline Iron_Heart

YearsYears
Re: Why are we here if we all gonna die?
« Reply #1 on: 26 06, 2019, 05:41:57 pm »
That's religious things, depending on your religion.

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #2 on: 26 06, 2019, 05:43:18 pm »
Seems to me that from a scientific standpoint we're just here to reproduce so that our species won't go extinct. From a religious standpoint, life is a test, if you've passed you'll earn a place in heaven, if not, then hell it is.

Offline Golem

• Donator L1
  • Fake Girl
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Golem
« Reply #3 on: 26 06, 2019, 06:13:46 pm »
You shouldn't even care about death, just live your life before its too late. Anyways, answering your question OhhKarim said it all.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #4 on: 26 06, 2019, 07:58:55 pm »
From a religious standpoint, life is a test, if you've passed you'll earn a place in heaven, if not, then hell it is.

And what must people do to pass this test? Let me guess, it's all in a special book.

Heaven and hell are so obviously made up as a way to control the masses. Humans are mind controlled through fear.

Bruce Lipton had a mind blowing realisation while studying cell biology and his belief is that we come here so that we can experience the space-time dimension of the universe, as our spirit is outside of the space-time dimension and so can't experience things like the taste of food. He had this realisation because he realised that our body is like an antenna designed to receive a specific signal (the signal of our soul) and that explains reincarnation because they are born with the exact same antenna frequency. Someone who has spent decades studying cell biology and all this time was scientific minded, something scientific that he was studying was what gave him information that we don't call scientific but spiritual. So really, spirituality is scientific as science is supposed to be about finding truth in the universe and if something we call spiritual is true then it's also science.
« Last Edit: 26 06, 2019, 08:08:23 pm by Arran »

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #5 on: 26 06, 2019, 08:49:46 pm »
Heaven and hell are so obviously made up as a way to control the masses. Humans are mind controlled through fear.
Could be true, I'm not going to be biased because I've been agnostic before. There are certain stuff I agree with within my religion, and certain stuff I do not agree with (although, technically you're not even allowed to criticize it) and this is probably because I've been born in an European country full of freedom so it allowed me to think for myself instead of being forced to believe everything I've heard from my parents and surroundings. I just think it makes more sense to 'rather be safe than sorry' considering I can live with the stuff that I should and shouldn't do within my religion, to certain extents. So, surely this is why atheists tend to say that religions are fear mongering, which in some way could be considered true. But since neither of us can completely say whether my religion is God-given or completely a fairy-tail, therefore I'd rather just believe it and follow the rules. Lets say we died right now, and it turned out to be right, at least I won't have to burn in hell forever. What did I have to give up? Psychedelics, alchohol, etc? Are these things really that important to take such a risk? Maybe I'm just too afraid of the unknown.

He had this realisation because he realised that our body is like an antenna designed to receive a specific signal (the signal of our soul) and that explains reincarnation because they are born with the exact same antenna frequency.
I don't see the correlation here, just because we have a soul doesn't mean reincarnation is real. I believe that when we die and the end times have happened, our soul will either transfer into hell or heaven into a replica of our current body but we will not relive on Earth again. You have one life on Earth and your actions will decide your future.
« Last Edit: 26 06, 2019, 08:53:09 pm by OhhKarim »

Offline Saintpeter

• old school military
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: HellHounds MC
« Reply #6 on: 26 06, 2019, 10:27:20 pm »
I think dying doesn't mean to disappear
I'm the biker your parents warned you about

Online Senza

YearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
« Reply #7 on: 26 06, 2019, 10:41:43 pm »
Despite the religious talk, I will say my opinion. I read in a school book this year a really interesting article, it's about " How human's age is measured/How human's life is measured, by what? It is measured by the good you give to the community. E.g: The scientific discoveries is what allowed us today to communicate, right? Credits go to who for that? For scientists and technology, but who invented technology? I don't really remember but must be someone intelligent that if he dies, we will remember all his discoveries and inventions. The point is, we are here to do our best, want my religious opinion? We are here to do our best, study, learn, spread the peace around the world (Some doesn't do that because they aren't Muslims) and Islam is based on education/self-education. E.g: One of the Arabic scientists invented Algebra (Muhammad al-Khwarizmi) so we aren't only here to fight people/cause wars, we are here to spread education and to work on a better culture. Sadly, that's not how it works these days because of corruption and stupid people following stupid orders from stupid leaders, a whole corrupted system that showed a bad picture of some religions.

TL;TR: Human's life is measured by the good and useful things he gives/shares with the humans.
« Last Edit: 26 06, 2019, 10:44:10 pm by Senza »
Assigned as Group Level Manager

Offline Phorpride

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
« Reply #8 on: 26 06, 2019, 10:48:53 pm »
Depends on the person. One is here to pray and to abstain from pleasure by worshiping a non-existent person, and the other is here to enjoy life. And, believe me, we all end up in the same place: rotting underground or in a pile of ashes.

BUREAU OF NARCOTIC ADMINISTRATION

Offline Akatosh

• New Community Member
  • Say will you stand up for Christ and Combat?
    YearsYears
  • Group: SoA
  • Ingame: guess what Aka
  • Squad: Falkek
« Reply #9 on: 26 06, 2019, 11:18:12 pm »
so what will happen to me? the Atheist? nothing just a empty darkness or wat. I've been asking this question alot and came to the conclusion that its not answerable, I often sign that off with saying 42.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 27 06, 2019, 12:20:23 am »
I don't see the correlation here, just because we have a soul doesn't mean reincarnation is real. I believe that when we die and the end times have happened, our soul will either transfer into hell or heaven into a replica of our current body but we will not relive on Earth again. You have one life on Earth and your actions will decide your future.

Your cells have a unique identifier. That's why when you get an organ transplant your body knows that organ is 'not self' and will attempt to destroy those foreign cells. Organ receivers have to take immune system suppressants for the rest of their life so that their body doesn't destroy the organ.

What he's saying is that the unique identifier is like the unique identifier of your soul so if and when a soul decides to reincarnate, the cells of the new body will be identical so as to receive the signal transmission from the soul.

Lets say we died right now, and it turned out to be right, at least I won't have to burn in hell forever. What did I have to give up? Psychedelics, alchohol, etc? Are these things really that important to take such a risk? Maybe I'm just too afraid of the unknown.

If you really are afraid of going to hell, then I suggest you follow this one simple rule which from everything I've been learning recently is the true law we must follow AKA natural law (I made a course on this in-game) and that is simply to not steal (property, health, life, freedom, etc) from others. This means that you can't work in police, military, courts or prison services as all of these people follow orders (this is how evil people avoid the karmic effects of all the evil in the world, by paying other people to do the acts) and the orders you would be expected to carry out would most certainly steal peoples freedom. For example if a police officer arrests someone for a nonsense made up law like cannabis possession they are carrying out orders, to steal someones freedom.
« Last Edit: 27 06, 2019, 12:24:04 am by Arran »

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #11 on: 27 06, 2019, 09:00:45 am »
So, surely this is why atheists tend to say that religions are fear mongering, which in some way could be considered true. But since neither of us can completely say whether my religion is God-given or completely a fairy-tail, therefore I'd rather just believe it and follow the rules. Lets say we died right now, and it turned out to be right, at least I won't have to burn in hell forever. What did I have to give up? Psychedelics, alchohol, etc? Are these things really that important to take such a risk? Maybe I'm just too afraid of the unknown.
This is the lottery type of argumentation that I hear by a lot of religious people nowdays, sort of an extended form of agnosticism, but sadly there is no logic behind it, although its atleast a way more rational way of justifying to be religious than the classical ones who were just indoctrinated by it

By saying that the reason why you accept to follow this particular inherited belief is that you want to avoid ending up "burning in hell forever" you already take an assumption by this particular belief as an argument to follow the belief. You already put a fear to your decision which solely results from the content of a religious theory, in your case it is the classical and well-known hell theory which is common in the abrahamic religions that developed in the middle east.

But with this kind of argumentation you could aswell justify following any other religion based on their particular imaginations of what happens to non-believers after death, and then the chance of picking the right one is just:

1 (100%)

divided by:

the total number of religions (assuming that the few thousand existing religions would represent every possible belief, way of living and theory of life after death, which they dont, as they only represent the total number of beliefs that humans have so far invented and spread on the planet and not the infinite amount of possible beliefs)
=> very small number (indefinitely small if you consider the indefinite amount of possible beliefs and not the relatively small amount of existing religions)

And since any thinkable forms of a belief and god are possible, the free way of living and being kind to eachother is one possible way of living that a possible god could be intending, which means that even from a beliefs-perspective the chance of any religion would be similar to following a free, peaceful life and still be on the safe side after death.

So with an indefinite amount of possibilities after death the chance of you picking the right belief by inheriting someones religion is an indefinitely tiny number.
(the calculation implies that a similar chance for every single belief to be real, which for most regular religious people isnt the case since they always think their particular belief is the real one and more likely than all the others and they always have real proof for their religion to be real)

And this small percentage only applies to the 50% chance of having to fear consequences for not being religious after death in the first place, vs the 50% percentage of having nothing after death (assuming that it is a 50:50 probability between life beyond and no life beyond)

And that was not the worst part yet
With a particular way of living caused by specific beliefs, such as intolerance towards certain sexualities, slaughter of animals without narcosis etc, you might violate laws of other beliefs, and thus putting yourself in an even worse situation after death if one of those beliefs happens to be the real one, which again contradicts the idea of increasing any chances by choosing a particular belief
« Last Edit: 27 06, 2019, 09:03:07 am by Dimit »
There's no god, no saviour, no paradise and no life beyond. Our existence is limited. Nothing will save us from death.  Use your time on earth wisely.
Be kind to others, share your wealth - donate to the poor, protect the environment, use your opportunity every day to make earth a better place.
Currently 795 million humans have insufficent access to food.
You can start helping today

Offline Royal

• Regular Community Member
  • Task Force will be remembered.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: US Navy Seals
  • Ingame: Royal
« Reply #12 on: 27 06, 2019, 05:03:11 pm »
Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die.
All the drugs in this World won't save us from ourselves.

Offline isi3456789

• New Community Member
  • Chaotic Neutral Antitheist
  • Ingame: IsI
« Reply #13 on: 28 06, 2019, 12:59:56 am »
This has nothing to do with religion, as without any religion, he would ask the same question. It's a matter of philosophy and how you perceive your life in this vast universe. Everybody has to find a way to deal with everyday's question behind the meaning of life:
The ignorant believe in something abstact, a higher divinity, a own background for all of humanity, an own purpose for human life.
Realists on the other hand believe in the scientific research: The universe happend > the sun created itself > life formed on earth. They believe that our lives are the result of million years of evolution and that there is no deeper meaning behind it.

It's up to you how you choose to live your life, many say ignorance is a bliss, I say, you don't need to have a god above your head to tell you how to live your life.
Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.

Offline Jonio

• 5th Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • In Faculty of Engineering
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #14 on: 29 06, 2019, 03:21:36 pm »
I believe and sure that life is just a test that shows the good and bad of the soul the god created, True we are all gonna die one day but our existance is for a reason, a big reason that no one ever can imagine, to develop earth to the maximum point, neither pharaohs knew that there would be the nowadays technology thousands of years ago nor we will be able to know what the world would be in the next 5 thousands years.

And what must people do to pass this test? Let me guess, it's all in a special book.
Do peaceful stuffs, The easiest test ever, isn't it?  0:)
Group Level Manager
5th Criminal Boss Representative
5thStreetSaints Honorable

Know that life is not fair, that you will fail often." - William H. McRaven