Author Topic: Should cigarettes be banned from society?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Beauty

• New Community Member
  • Maglalaro ako sa loob ng iyong puso.
  • Group: Blessed_Ones
  • Ingame: Beauty
  • Squad: CCC
Should cigarettes be banned from society?
« on: 24 07, 2019, 01:42:03 pm »
There are no positive results from smoking. We know that there is a harm to the individual, harm to the people around him and harm to the society. Buying cigarettes and smoking them is a representation of burning money, which causes harm to the economy, and not to mention the harm smoking does to the body.

I would love to see the opinion of @Calt in this debate.
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2019, 03:45:08 pm by Beauty »
"Nothing compares with the finding of true love; because once you do your heart is complete." ~ Anonymous
"Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love." ~ Mandy Hale

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: Should cigarettes be banned from society?
« Reply #1 on: 24 07, 2019, 02:32:25 pm »
Yes and no.

Yes because of reasons like what you mentioned.

No because people have the natural law right to do what they want to their bodies, which trumps the yes reasons except in the below case:

The only thing you can morally ban regarding cigarettes is the smoking of them near people who do not consent to having to breathe in toxic fumes as that smoker would be violating the natural law rights of whoever breathes in the harmful smoke. Since 1 breath of cigarette smoke can cause a cell to mutate and become cancerous if you're forcing someone else to have to breathe that stuff in it's like "assault with a deadly weapon".

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #2 on: 24 07, 2019, 02:37:28 pm »
It shouldn't be permanently banned, just banned in public areas. If you want to damage your lungs, feel free to do it where others won't be involved with the consequences. But if it were to be banned, I wouldn't see it as a bad thing.

The only thing you can morally ban regarding cigarettes is the smoking of them near people who do not consent to having to breathe in toxic fumes as that smoker would be violating the natural law rights of whoever breathes in the harmful smoke. Since 1 breath of cigarette smoke can cause a cell to mutate and become cancerous if you're forcing someone else to have to breathe that stuff in it's like "assault with a deadly weapon".

Exactly, smoking causes a lot of second hand deaths. Innocent people dying from inhaling smoke just because some people decide to smoke near them, I heard it can be even as dangerous, or even more dangerous than smoking the cigarettes by yourself. Around 1.2 million people a year die from second hand smoke, and 8 million people die per year by smoking.
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2019, 02:40:33 pm by OhhKarim »

Offline Burner

• L1 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: [CIT]Burner
« Reply #3 on: 24 07, 2019, 03:07:58 pm »
I find cigarettes totally useless, exactly like you said, waste of money and damaging health of people.

Although, I don't think they should be banned totally, the limitations we have now are enough,  for example smoking areas made just for smokers in restaurants, etc.

I don't mind smokers that much, barely ever notice them. You just get used to it I guess.
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2019, 03:14:49 pm by Burner »

Offline Beauty

• New Community Member
  • Maglalaro ako sa loob ng iyong puso.
  • Group: Blessed_Ones
  • Ingame: Beauty
« Reply #4 on: 24 07, 2019, 03:33:26 pm »
Yes and no.

Yes because of reasons like what you mentioned.

No because people have the natural law right to do what they want to their bodies, which trumps the yes reasons except in the below case:

People do have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies, but smoking in non-public spaces could also affect the nature, and harm the ozone layer, which also makes global warming even worse.
There is a study conducted by the Oxford university, which proves that 99% of criminals smoke. Cigarettes contain Nicotine, which is an addictive substance, just like drugs. People would do anything to reach their desire, which is the Nicotine dose. People may steal & rob to earn money, and then simply burn it to ashes. And when children see adults smoke, it will influence the bad habit onto the kids.

Cigarettes have negative impact on economy. Because people are unhealthy, they take many days off of their work. They do not go to their work because they do not feel well. As a result, the productivity will decrease, and the economy will suffer. Also, governments or companies will spend a lot of money on health insurances to treat workers. Also, people who are smokers prefer to spend money on cigarette although it is very expensive. Consequently, people do not have money to spend on food. All of these influences dramatically on economy
"Nothing compares with the finding of true love; because once you do your heart is complete." ~ Anonymous
"Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love." ~ Mandy Hale

Offline Haisum

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: [ICM]Haisum
« Reply #5 on: 24 07, 2019, 05:45:46 pm »
Cigarettes are useless everyone knows what, its just a waste of money. It harms your inner body parts and stuff. It should be banned from society. Tobacco causes 6-7 million deaths per year around the world. In the US alone smoking causes 480k deaths. It leads to lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke. Thus, It should be banned since it causes deaths nothing else.
"So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow”

Offline RedHeart

• King of Eagle_Squad
  • Eagle_Squad Founder
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: RedHeart
« Reply #6 on: 24 07, 2019, 06:06:27 pm »
Hello everyone,
I am smoker for 7 years and I every while I say I will quite smoking soon but it never go right. People like smoking in the first time because somehow they see it will help them and when they know that it destroy them they start thinking about quit smoking. What I want to say that don't ban cigarettes. Ban factories that do the cigarettes in bad ways like in Egypt cigarettes in it wood. Is that possible? :thonk:

If cigarettes banned then people will search for new way to destroy their bodies. People love/addicted  cigarettes because they see air that come out of there mouth.

1 year ago I went to a cafe and I keep asking smokers just close your eyes while they take the en-hale of cigarettes. 90% said they didn't feel that they take it in there lungs.

In my opinion after many researches I did for smoking that your mind responsible for addiction when he sees the air of cigarette comes out.
Founder of Eagle_Squad

If you need help PM me

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #7 on: 24 07, 2019, 08:16:26 pm »
could also affect the nature

Yes, no doubt that smoking is bad for the environment and actually we're all breathing in second hand smoke even if there is no smoker nearby as this stuff just spreads around the world. I didn't mention nature because most things that people do is bad for nature, basically every time you spend money, even if you bought a 100% sustainable product or service, chances are whoever you give the money to will then use that money to buy an unsustainable product.

Cigarette companies are demonic because they intentionally fill cigarettes with toxic chemicals. There is even arsenic for some fucked up reason inside cigarettes which birds are using to kill off ticks in their nest yet at the same time that arsenic will harm the baby birds. Cigarettes could just be organic tobacco, then there would be no harm to the environment and in fact the second hand smoke and the smoke the smokers breathe in would do no where near as much harm. So yeah, cigarette companies are demonic and anyone who supports them by buying their products especially if you're smoking around people (especially children) or flicking cigarettes on the floor, is evil. Get as offended as you like, it's the TRUTH.
« Last Edit: 24 07, 2019, 08:18:31 pm by Arran »

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #8 on: 24 07, 2019, 08:54:27 pm »
Definitely. In fact, cigarettes should have been banned since a decade ago. It doesn't only harm you and the air, years ago, cigarettes used to cause a fuckton of forest fires and accidents. It's no longer common because almost every cigarette now is self-extinguishing.
Group Level Manager

Offline Speedy

• New Community Member
  • Le'Parrain | SniperZ
« Reply #9 on: 24 07, 2019, 09:14:32 pm »
No, as arran said above they have the right to do whatever they wants to their body, but they should find a place where they can smoke without annoyning other ppl who dont like ciggarettes as it cause a lot of problems in air, it's really anyoning while you're sitting in Public Places and some ppl start smoking. In all ways, I cant tell em to stop smoking, they're free to do whatever they wants.
“Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein
Aint toxic!
Getting 1100 wl without recieving APB message and losing it because of CE. #lucky
Duels God 2018-2019

Offline Nervous

• FBI Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Law Student
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Nervous
« Reply #10 on: 24 07, 2019, 09:22:22 pm »
It's a bit late to remove cigarettes as it is already installed in society and it's really hard to remove it now. As you know there are programs that smokers can attend and are really helpful but today (from my point of view) is really hard/impossible to ban the cigarettes as there are internal rules in differents countries.
EX Police Chief & CIT Staff 

Offline iShadow

• 1337 Founder
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 24 07, 2019, 10:01:27 pm »
Every person has the right to do whatever he wants. Yes, cigarettes are harmful to health, but for some people cigarets really help to relive stress, so I can not say for sure.

Offline Dust

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
« Reply #12 on: 25 07, 2019, 03:41:40 am »
It needs to be banned indoors because cigarette smokes are circulating indoors but I can't say the same thing for outdoor. They can smoke at any time. They should not just throw out butts. I am not deffending cigarette. It is harming to nature and the body too much but it is a habit,you can't force on people to leave or  not to smoke.

There should be a smoking area in every café or shopping center. People who smoke have no right to poison other people because of this there should be a smoking area therefore just smokers poison eachother. Also,I want to touch upon this. Smokers should not thrown butts into the nature or the streets because the butts are harming to many animals. Especially birds eat butts and they are dying. This is harm of cigarette butts;

''Littered cigarette butts leach toxic chemicals—such as arsenic (used to kill rats) and lead, to name a few—into the environment and can contaminate water. The toxic exposure can poison fish, as well as animals who eat cigarette butts''

If you are smoking outside,avoid being near people and take care not to smoke indoors. It is hard to leave for smoking but you need to try.

Offline Steph Hazard

Years
  • Group: I
  • Ingame: Fucking
  • Squad: Left
« Reply #13 on: 25 07, 2019, 03:48:47 am »
I dont really see it does harm anybody, smoking shouldnt be banned as it may harm and on the other hand it helps you to remove the stress or to avoid madness I know it may be harmful somehow, but as I said its also helpful

In my point of view, no it shouldnt be banned, but as speedy said they have to stay away from people who doesnt like to smoke.
Springrelic, CooLDuDe, BlackJoker, TheHacker, Sultan
<3

left this server long time ago lol

Offline Haisum

YearsYears
  • Ingame: [ICM]Haisum
« Reply #14 on: 25 07, 2019, 08:07:37 am »
I dont really see it does harm anybody, smoking shouldnt be banned as it may harm and on the other hand it helps you to remove the stress or to avoid madness I know it may be harmful somehow, but as I said its also helpful

In my point of view, no it shouldnt be banned, but as speedy said they have to stay away from people who doesnt like to smoke.
You can do other stuff to relief stress, it's simply fucking you up inside.
"So, what if, instead of thinking about solving your whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow”