Author Topic: Should cigarettes be banned from society?  (Read 1289 times)

Offline Brand

• L4 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Brand
Re: Should cigarettes be banned from society?
« Reply #15 on: 25 07, 2019, 08:28:19 am »
I dont really see it does harm anybody, smoking shouldnt be banned as it may harm and on the other hand it helps you to remove the stress or to avoid madness I know it may be harmful somehow, but as I said its also helpful

In my point of view, no it shouldnt be banned, but as speedy said they have to stay away from people who doesnt like to smoke.

Not really. I won't resort to smoking when feeling stressed because smoking never actually does that, no freaking idea how people believe in that, or what material it has to dispel your stress or bitterness, not even slightly. There are a lot of things you can do to dispel your stress even better, not smoking, I don't think it helps.

Online KakCraft

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ILC
« Reply #16 on: 25 07, 2019, 12:50:06 pm »
I dont really see it does harm anybody, smoking shouldnt be banned as it may harm and on the other hand it helps you to remove the stress or to avoid madness I know it may be harmful somehow, but as I said its also helpful

In my point of view, no it shouldnt be banned, but as speedy said they have to stay away from people who doesnt like to smoke.

smoking cigs to calm you down is kinda only a thing if you're already a smoker

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #17 on: 25 07, 2019, 01:58:02 pm »
I dont really see it does harm anybody
Lol? 1.2 million people die a year due to second hand smoke deaths, that means they die from the inhaling the toxic fumes of people that smoke nearby them. So you are possibly killing other people while smoking in the public, want to damage your own body? Do it in private where it will only damage your own body. And not to mention the clear harm to their own body, where 8 million people a year die from.

Offline nakefafan

• Police Chief
  • Manners, Maketh, Man
    YearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: nakefafan
  • Squad: TMS
« Reply #18 on: 25 07, 2019, 02:09:53 pm »
well if we talk in Agriculture,

well cigarretes use nicotine which kills pest and used to organic insecticedes to protect the plants although there is a disease called  TMV (Tobacco mosaaic virus)  although both health and agriculture have a positive and negative sides, ciggarrettes limitattion to public places like (mall,restaurant,etc) are now strictly prohibited also most areas do have smoke area oh additional too that tobacco companies are adding graphic pictures when you continue smoking like (pre-mature born baby or having trouble in lungs) which I can't show.
Ace Pilot - VFA-103 Strike Fighter  "Victory"
You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain - Harvey Dent
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. - Bruce Wayne/Batman
Our duty, as soldiers, is to protect humanity. Whatever the cost. - John 117

Offline Genius

• Junior Community Member
  • Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
  • Ingame: Genius
« Reply #19 on: 26 07, 2019, 01:09:56 am »
Okay, I have been smoking cigarettes for some time now and why I started was I was a depressed person a few years back. So found a way out with cigarettes I know it's bad but trough time you get addicted and it feels like you are there is something missing in your hand when you don't have it. Also, people try to find an exit with alcohol and it usually happens to worse for them than the smokers.

I feel like we should be more places for just smokers because a lot of people do not like the smell of smoke and they shouldn't be around because it can be bad for their health with not even smoking the cigar. As well, everybody, has it's own body so you can do whatever you want with it.

That is my opinion on this.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline Beauty

• New Community Member
  • Maglalaro ako sa loob ng iyong puso.
  • Group: Blessed_Ones
  • Ingame: Beauty
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #20 on: 26 07, 2019, 03:37:34 am »
Okay, I have been smoking cigarettes for some time now and why I started was I was a depressed person a few years back. So found a way out with cigarettes I know it's bad but trough time you get addicted and it feels like you are there is something missing in your hand when you don't have it. Also, people try to find an exit with alcohol and it usually happens to worse for them than the smokers.

I feel like we should be more places for just smokers because a lot of people do not like the smell of smoke and they shouldn't be around because it can be bad for their health with not even smoking the cigar. As well, everybody, has it's own body so you can do whatever you want with it.

That is my opinion on this.

You do have a point where everyone is the owner of their body, but the nature gets affected by smoking, not to mention that birds eat the cigarette left overs, and the smoke coming out of the cigarette contributes in harming the ozone layer, which proves that cigarettes do more harm than good.
"Nothing compares with the finding of true love; because once you do your heart is complete." ~ Anonymous
"Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love." ~ Mandy Hale

Offline Genius

• Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
  • Ingame: Genius
« Reply #21 on: 26 07, 2019, 03:52:24 am »
You do have a point where everyone is the owner of their body, but the nature gets affected by smoking, not to mention that birds eat the cigarette left overs, and the smoke coming out of the cigarette contributes in harming the ozone layer, which proves that cigarettes do more harm than good.
Yes, I know that cigarettes do harm the nature that is why I think all smokers should smoke inside but that is 100%, not possible maybe like creating cafes just for the smokers so we won't smoke as much outside but still, I don't know how will that prevent us from smoking outside.

I don't like smoking outside just because of that reason you stated and I also know that most non-smokers do not like the smell of the smoke and some do not even like the smoke as well around them which I understand.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline Sultan

• Die with memories, not dreams.
    Years
  • Group: ChaosGuardians™
  • Ingame: Sultan
  • Squad: FalKek™️
« Reply #22 on: 28 07, 2019, 05:01:17 am »
Of course, it should be banned for all the countries, why should we let a thing legal, which causes cancer, tuberculosis and a lot of diseases, 480,000 people die each year because of smoking cigarettes, here's a quote, that I found at google:
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.
1,300 deaths per day, and what about in 10 years? How many people will die? 4745000, we can lose 4.745 milion people will die in the duration of 10 years, by smoking cigarettes, but cigarette is like a addiction, it is hard to stop it.
See the difference of lungs between smokers and non-smokers

Show content

You can check this topic https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=298762.0 , it shows the side effects, diseases and many more side effects by smoking, so we can't forcely stop a smoker, it is like a addiction like I said, so what we can do is just to advice them.

Here's is a advice from the topic I stated above:

• How to quit smoking?

- You can quit smoking by always remembering of bad affects smoking. Always spend your time on doing busy things, always stay busy. Like doing trainings, taking classes of things you like, do sports or spend some of your time on computer. If you smoke more because you are busy, choose the opposite way. Stay less busy but staying less busy won't make sense as you will have a lot of time to do nothing and you will just choose to smoke instead.Also, choose friends that are nice and don't smoke. The worse you get your friends, the worse you get. Write bad affects or cigarettes on an index card or a big paper and put it somewhere you always see and will pay more attention to it. Put it on your house door for example so you will think twice before going out and buy cigarettes. If this doesn't works and you are way too addicted to smoking, try smoking something has the most less bad affects when you smoke it, it will improve yourself in someways if not all.
'Here's the thing about wishes. The more you have, the more you want.' - Genie (Aladdin)

'If you don’t have anything, you have to act like you own everything.' - Aladdin (Aladdin)

Offline Serpent

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hobos
« Reply #23 on: 30 07, 2019, 03:50:28 am »
Some people think there are no benefits from gaming. Are you willing to ban gaming because of it? It can ruin your career prospects, according to some people.

Let's ban cars and airplanes then. They pollute the environment. 8)

Look, people can smoke cigarettes in their homes if they want to. It's their home. Likewise, the coffee place owner can allow smoking if he wants to. It's his business! If people don't like it, they can entertain themselves at another place.

But smoking on the street is a different story. Government land doesn't belong to anyone. The best way to solve this is to let people vote about it, preferably the people who live in the same neighborhood where the street is located.

EDIT: P.S. I'm not a smoker! In fact, I'm against smoking. I just value other people's liberty because I don't want them to interfere with my liberty.  Simple.  And "government solution to a problem is usually worse than the problem itself" - Milton Friedman
« Last Edit: 30 07, 2019, 03:57:37 am by Serpent »
Made some valuable memories here ;)

Offline HosttyBoy

• IG Name : HosttyBoy[FBI]
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
  • Squad: MP
« Reply #24 on: 30 07, 2019, 03:53:11 pm »
It's legal because Government wants to earn money as it... But I hate it it should be banned. but in the other side there're some people who smoke in every nation so we can't ban it. IF we ban it illegal people will sell cigarettes and Government will earn no benefit so... Keep it legal so legal people can earn benefit from it.(earning benefit from selling it)

Offline Mordecai

• Pirus Leader
  • New Community Member
  • Hardwired to self destruct
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
« Reply #25 on: 30 07, 2019, 11:48:07 pm »
As a smoker , it surely should be banned .It takes your soul from your body,hard to quit it  and expensive
can't even talk about its harm's to the mother nature but im getting better everyday gonna quit smoking soon...
Great things NEVER come from comfort zones

Offline sasheto

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: SashkO#R
  • Squad: Raven_Squad
« Reply #26 on: 31 07, 2019, 01:37:16 am »
Of course, it should be banned for all the countries, why should we let a thing legal, which causes cancer, tuberculosis and a lot of diseases, 480,000 people die each year because of smoking cigarettes, here's a quote, that I found at google:  1,300 deaths per day, and what about in 10 years? How many people will die? 4745000, we can lose 4.745 milion people will die in the duration of 10 years, by smoking cigarettes, but cigarette is like a addiction, it is hard to stop it.
This is just an ignorant statement. Smoking doesn't cause cancer or any dissease, it increases the chance of the smoker receiving them. Just smoking be it passive or not, doesn't cause death. The bad choices people make regarding their health is what does. You can't work in a dusty enviroment(mine for example), have a lungs problem and blame it all on passive smoking.
« Last Edit: 31 07, 2019, 01:49:03 am by sasheto »

Offline Pac-Man

• Honorable
  • R.I.P. BOCA<3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers MC
  • Ingame: Pac-Man
« Reply #27 on: 31 07, 2019, 04:26:07 am »
Even If you make it illegal it won't matter. Heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine etc are all banned yet it's still here. The heroin epidemic is bigger than ever. In the US, cigarette taxes bring in about 15 billion, and about 150 billion in health care spending due to cigarettes. Too big of a market, not going anywhere.
« Last Edit: 31 07, 2019, 04:33:28 am by Pac-Man »

Offline Jonio

• 5th Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • In Faculty of Engineering
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #28 on: 31 07, 2019, 04:55:47 am »
How could you say that it doesn't cause any harm in the body? Have you ever seen a picture of a smoker lungs and a non-smoker one so you can compare if it causes any harm or no? Smoking is the Mai reason of lung cancer and oral cancer.

Show content

Smoking is a illusion, You waste money and pay money to get some kind of stuff that harms you so you lose 3 times actually.
First time is when wasting your money on them
Second time is when you cause harm to your health
Third time is when you negatively effect your society and people close to you either in house or work place.

I always recall owners of cigarettes factories as the death-traders so in case we banned it those factories have to closed.

Even If you make it illegal it won't matter. Heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine etc are all banned yet it's still here.
Yes it will be still here but not in the same amount or quality of having real advanced factories making it all over.
Group Level Manager
5th Criminal Boss Representative
5thStreetSaints Honorable

Know that life is not fair, that you will fail often." - William H. McRaven

Offline Pepe

• State Official
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: OUTLAWS-MC
« Reply #29 on: 01 08, 2019, 12:41:26 am »
I even oppose the banishment of illgal drugs. They claim their states are democratically lead, but where's democracy in not being able to have the freedom to decide for my own, what my body, or what I experience?

I should be allowed to smoke ciggerates, gamble and injest drugs as much as I want, being above the age of 18 as I would be a person who is grown up enough to take decisions by and for himself.

So nah, at least not in states that claim to be democratic ones. They should be legalized, along with other drugs, alcohol and gambling in these states.