Author Topic: Should cigarettes be banned from society?  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Beauty

• New Community Member
  • Maglalaro ako sa loob ng iyong puso.
  • Group: Blessed_Ones
  • Ingame: Beauty
  • Squad: CCC
Re: Should cigarettes be banned from society?
« Reply #30 on: 01 08, 2019, 10:51:32 am »
I even oppose the banishment of illgal drugs. They claim their states are democratically lead, but where's democracy in not being able to have the freedom to decide for my own, what my body, or what I experience?

I should be allowed to smoke ciggerates, gamble and injest drugs as much as I want, being above the age of 18 as I would be a person who is grown up enough to take decisions by and for himself.

So nah, at least not in states that claim to be democratic ones. They should be legalized, along with other drugs, alcohol and gambling in these states.
The trouble is not in someone harming himself, but at the same time you smoke, you harm the nature, you puncture the ozone layer, and harm others near you. Cigarettes could have a bad influence on children, as their parents may smoke, that habit will pass on to the children. Cigarette companies put harmful materials so that birds are attracted to those used cigarettes, and once the birds eat those cigarettes, it passes harm onto the animals. If we eat those animals, we also gain harm, without even knowing that we are.
"Nothing compares with the finding of true love; because once you do your heart is complete." ~ Anonymous
"Hope for love, pray for love, wish for love, dream for love…but don’t put your life on hold waiting for love." ~ Mandy Hale

Offline Genius

• Junior Community Member
  • Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
  • Ingame: Genius
« Reply #31 on: 03 08, 2019, 01:20:23 am »
Let's take a look here.

If you drink you are harming your liver and a lot of other things.

If you do drugs you harm yourself in many freaking ways, that I could not even explain

If you smoke you are harming your lungs and tongue.

Drugs are illegal but you still can find them right?
Alcohol is not illegal but if you make it illegal you could always find it.
The same goes for cigarettes.
We just can't escape it right now. It got too much into our society
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline TicTic

• DoMinos Leader
  • Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|TicTic
« Reply #32 on: 03 08, 2019, 02:57:35 am »
Well, in the end cigarettes do not benefit an individual in any way whatsoever, since most countries already ban many kinds of drugs and other similar substances, its not a morally "undemocratic" thing to do if you dont already consider these laws in action to be anti democratic.

Offline Pepe

• State Official
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: OUTLAWS-MC
« Reply #33 on: 03 08, 2019, 11:48:47 pm »
Well, in the end cigarettes do not benefit an individual in any way whatsoever, since most countries already ban many kinds of drugs and other similar substances, its not a morally "undemocratic" thing to do if you dont already consider these laws in action to be anti democratic.
I agree with you, totally. Since we are used to such undemocratic rules and regulations, there is absolutely no reason to leave free space for such other harmful substances.

But as Genius already said, the consideration of such banishment is impossible at the mean time. It has simply gotten way too deep into our societies.

Maybe when something else becomes so widely trending. Maybe. Until then.

Offline Ay0uB

• New Community Member
  • Laugh the world and the world laughs to you.
  • Ingame: Ay0uB
« Reply #34 on: 04 08, 2019, 04:53:57 am »
People just killing themselves by smoking.
Hey, if you need help feel free to PM me.
As a legend said : Legends Never Die.

Offline Sultan

• Die with memories, not dreams.
    Years
  • Group: ChaosGuardians™
  • Ingame: Sultan
  • Squad: FalKek™️
« Reply #35 on: 04 08, 2019, 05:11:46 am »
People just killing themselves by smoking.
Yes, but they can avoid themselves, by reading some articles of what we will get if we smoke, what you said is really wrong, they can stop it but it is really hard because they are addicted to smoking, as if you even try once, you will try again, and you will get addicted to it, so in my opinion, the addiction kills the human, not the human by him self.
'Here's the thing about wishes. The more you have, the more you want.' - Genie (Aladdin)

'If you don’t have anything, you have to act like you own everything.' - Aladdin (Aladdin)

Offline ReZn0v

• The Renegades Leader
  • The doctor💉
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: رزنوف / ReZn0v
  • Squad: SQUATTERS
« Reply #36 on: 04 08, 2019, 02:12:26 pm »
As a future doctor am studying alot about smoking causes and those are some of them
-Lung damage
-Heart disease:
 like blood clots chest pain and strokes
-heart attack
-Fertility problems
-Risk of pregnancy complications
- Vision problems
- 10 TYPE OR MORE OF CANCER  :(
- diabetes
- Skin and hair fall problems
- Weakened immune system
In general smoking kill and you don't know how much time it will take before it's too late that's why it should be banned or removed it's killing nature and humanity but that's not the real question here the question is how to quit smoking
Check those good tips that I read about them they worked for many smokers
-Stay Busy always and avoid smoke triggeres or smoking places make a quitting plan and don't give up and try always to stay positive because as you can see most of the smokers use to smoke when they get mad or tired of something also you can start doing sports it helps alot and remove some of the nicotine from your body if you want a good life live healthy don't smoke because it burns you day by day

الصحة تاج على رؤوس الأصحاء لا يراه إلا المرضى
“Good health is a crown worn by the healthy than only the ill can see.”
Criminal Boss & Criminal events master

Offline Serpent

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hobos
« Reply #37 on: 05 08, 2019, 02:35:35 pm »
Doesn't matter if it's harmful or not. Processed meat increases the risk of cancer. Ban kebab?

Spending too much gaming harms vision and in some cases career.  Ban CIT?

If you want to ban other people's sin, can I ban your sin too?

And if we try to ban all these things, black markets will pop up. And no, the consumption will not decrease, as was seen in the American prohibition during the early 20th century. During the Prohibition era, the consumption of alcohol decreased for a little while, but then it returned to previous levels, even though alcohol remained illegal.

It appears some governments have tried to ban MTA. And yet people use VPN to log in. Again, consumption did not decrease. Let's stop believing in nonsense and respect other people's freedom so we can have our own freedom.
« Last Edit: 05 08, 2019, 02:46:14 pm by Serpent »
Made some valuable memories here ;)

guest21036

« Reply #38 on: 05 08, 2019, 02:51:38 pm »
well we do need to get the population boom under control, wouldn't be bad if the heroin kids, the cigarette noobs and the alcoholic tards kill themselves.

Offline Genius

• Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #39 on: 05 08, 2019, 02:56:08 pm »
I mean as I stated before do what's best for yourself build your carrier if somebody wants to harm himself just let him do it. It's not your problem but if it's someone close to you, you gotta take care of him.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline Serpent

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hobos
« Reply #40 on: 05 08, 2019, 03:03:35 pm »
well we do need to get the population boom under control, wouldn't be bad if the heroin kids, the cigarette noobs and the alcoholic tards kill themselves.

If you want to kill drug addicts, keep the drugs illegal. Portugal decriminalized drugs almost two decades ago. Result? Consumption did not increase, but the deaths related to drug usage drastically decreased. When drugs are  criminalized, drug addicts don't want to seek help at legal health institutions in order to avoid getting sent to jail

EDIT:

Never tried a drug in my life. Nor do I smoke or drink alcohol. I'm  100% straight-edge and intend to stay that way because it's great for productivity. Yet it's important to talk about the data when discussing these issues.

« Last Edit: 05 08, 2019, 03:25:57 pm by Serpent »
Made some valuable memories here ;)

guest21036

« Reply #41 on: 05 08, 2019, 05:07:35 pm »
If you want to kill drug addicts, keep the drugs illegal. Portugal decriminalized drugs almost two decades ago. Result? Consumption did not increase, but the deaths related to drug usage drastically decreased. When drugs are  criminalized, drug addicts don't want to seek help at legal health institutions in order to avoid getting sent to jail

EDIT:

Never tried a drug in my life. Nor do I smoke or drink alcohol. I'm  100% straight-edge and intend to stay that way because it's great for productivity. Yet it's important to talk about the data when discussing these issues.

I didn't say kill them, I say they are killing themselves, thus reducing population which drastically needs to be reduced to ensure our resources aren't getting consumed at the rate of a fly getting slapped in India.

so my opinion cigarettes shouldn't be banned, if people want to ruin their lives and die a painful death its their wish, just stone smokers who get others into passive smoking.

Offline Iron_Heart

YearsYears
« Reply #42 on: 05 08, 2019, 06:04:00 pm »
Anyway you will die, doesn't matter how you will die so you are free to smoke or not even if we banned it won't they get it illegally like drugs ? is it really the main reason of humans' death ? ik some people who have been smoking since many years and their health isn't that bad. I mean they only smoke 1-2 cigrattes per day which isn't that bad.

Offline Ray

• New Community Member
  • Don’t trust words, trust actions.
    YearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Ray
  • Squad: TSM
« Reply #43 on: 06 08, 2019, 09:20:55 am »
Anyway you will die, doesn't matter how you will die so you are free to smoke or not even if we banned it won't they get it illegally like drugs ? is it really the main reason of humans' death ? ik some people who have been smoking since many years and their health isn't that bad. I mean they only smoke 1-2 cigrattes per day which isn't that bad.
Will we all die? Why do we work? Why live in stress? Why working? Why studying? Your answer is very provocative because there is no logic in your words.
Cigarettes are harmful and accelerate human death. I am a smoker and I hope to go back in time to refrain from smoking cigarettes. In fact, some people are healthy even with cigarettes, but these are individual cases and this is not a reason to smoke cigarettes, in the Islamic religion cigarettes are forbidden, I live in Egypt and Egypt is an Islamic state and cigarettes are not prohibited and legally sold, so I think banning cigarettes is impossible, smokers are used to it and it’s difficult to take away.
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Genius

• Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #44 on: 06 08, 2019, 03:24:50 pm »
Will we all die? Why do we work? Why live in stress? Why working? Why studying? Your answer is very provocative because there is no logic in your words.
Cigarettes are harmful and accelerate human death. I am a smoker and I hope to go back in time to refrain from smoking cigarettes. In fact, some people are healthy even with cigarettes, but these are individual cases and this is not a reason to smoke cigarettes, in the Islamic religion cigarettes are forbidden, I live in Egypt and Egypt is an Islamic state and cigarettes are not prohibited and legally sold, so I think banning cigarettes is impossible, smokers are used to it and it’s difficult to take away.
Well, It's true that we will all die it just depends if we will die well and wealthy or poor. That is why we study and go to school work our whole life. As I said above it got too much into our society to ban it. So non-smokers or smokers will just have to live with it.