Author Topic: Should cigarettes be banned from society?  (Read 1290 times)

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
Re: Should cigarettes be banned from society?
« Reply #45 on: 07 08, 2019, 03:15:35 am »
This is just an ignorant statement. Smoking doesn't cause cancer or any dissease, it increases the chance of the smoker receiving them.
How is that different from "causing cancer" ?
The smoke of cigarettes includes carbon molecules which directly damage the cells in your organs, especially in your lungs, and create tumors there, which is also why 90% of all the lung cancers by men are caused by smoking.
It also mainupulates your hormones which affects your blood pressure and heart rate and causes heart disease this way.
These are only two of the many direct effects on health
there is no "chance that smokers receive this", every smoker is affected by these, it only depends on "chance" when those tumor cells start to uncontrollably grow to tumors or actual heart attacks to occur.
Its estimated that in the US alone, 480k people die per year because of smoking https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

There's no god, no saviour, no paradise and no life beyond. Our existence is limited. Nothing will save us from death.  Use your time on earth wisely.
Be kind to others, share your wealth - donate to the poor, protect the environment, use your opportunity every day to make earth a better place.
Currently 795 million humans have insufficent access to food.
You can start helping today

Offline Genius

• Junior Community Member
  • Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
  • Ingame: Genius
« Reply #46 on: 07 08, 2019, 03:21:24 am »
How is that different from "causing cancer" ?
The smoke of cigarettes includes carbon molecules which directly damage the cells in your organs, especially in your lungs, and create tumors there, which is also why 90% of all the lung cancers by men are caused by smoking.
It also mainupulates your hormones which affects your blood pressure and heart rate and causes heart disease this way.
These are only two of the many direct effects on health
there is no "chance that smokers receive this", every smoker is affected by these, it only depends on "chance" when those tumor cells start to uncontrollably grow to tumors or actual heart attacks to occur.
Its estimated that in the US alone, 480k people die per year because of smoking https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm
I totally agree with you. As you said there is a 90% chance to get a tumor from smoking. I personally know some people who have smoked their whole life and they have never had any lung problems. So there can always be that 10% of people who manage to dodge that serious problem.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline RaMoS

• Renegades Leader
  • Criminal Boss
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR\Groves
  • Ingame: iRaMoS#20
  • Squad: Anti_Cops
« Reply #47 on: 07 08, 2019, 04:21:56 am »
Well, first of all, I do not smoke, but smoking is not the only factor that affects your body or your heart or lungs, but everything we do frequently affects our bodies even exercise if you do every day without taking a break in the middle of the week will Your body is tired and this can cause your heart to stop suddenly, so we shouldn't have a law, Because smoking is not children and they understand well what they do, but if I suggest that they reduce smoking

Don't stop until you are proud of yourself
I Never Lose,Either I Win or I Learn

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #48 on: 07 08, 2019, 08:30:39 am »
I totally agree with you. As you said there is a 90% chance to get a tumor from smoking.
no
90% of the lung cancer cases of males are caused by smoking
There's no god, no saviour, no paradise and no life beyond. Our existence is limited. Nothing will save us from death.  Use your time on earth wisely.
Be kind to others, share your wealth - donate to the poor, protect the environment, use your opportunity every day to make earth a better place.
Currently 795 million humans have insufficent access to food.
You can start helping today

Offline Serpent

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hobos
« Reply #49 on: 08 08, 2019, 10:24:57 am »
I didn't say kill them, I say they are killing themselves, thus reducing population which drastically needs to be reduced to ensure our resources aren't getting consumed at the rate of a fly getting slapped in India.

so my opinion cigarettes shouldn't be banned, if people want to ruin their lives and die a painful death its their wish, just stone smokers who get others into passive smoking.

Lol, if you put that way...

Some people will die from cigs; some will not. Cigarettes increase the risk of cancer, but they don't guarantee cancer. Cigarette users are willing to take the risk for the sake of pleasure. They are willing to gamble with their health. And really, it's their own choice and body.

All of us make unhealthy or unproductive choices. All of us have "sins". But we will be deeply upset if someone tries to ban our "sins", like I explained in my previous post.

Having our freedom means we need to let other people have their freedom. It's as simple as that.
Made some valuable memories here ;)

Offline Shepherd#USAR

• Donator L3
  • USAR Founder
    YearsYears
  • Group: US_Army_Rangers
  • Ingame: Shepherd
« Reply #50 on: 08 08, 2019, 01:18:55 pm »
Prohibiting smoking gonna leads to the use of much worse drugs than this.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Offline Western

• Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #51 on: 08 08, 2019, 06:53:14 pm »
Smoking is very well known to being addictive and obviously if you smoke too much, your organs will start to fail causing you to die after a while. It should be banned, yes, but as Arran mentioned, it’s their right to do whatever they want to their body and damage their organs and systems. It’s obviously not recommended to smoke but addiction is the issue. Smoking only one time will get you to become more and more addicted over time.

Online Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Honorable
  • Community Event Manager
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: USNS (also TF)
  • Ingame: Prototype
  • Squad: Nuclear Squad
« Reply #52 on: 04 09, 2019, 11:02:09 am »
Should cigarettes be banned from society?

No, I've not tried it yet.

Feel free to PM me if you want to be the hoster of any event in game

Online TheBoss07

• Don't mess with me i'm Your Boss
  • Group: SK
  • Ingame: TheBoss'07
  • Squad: #ES
« Reply #53 on: 05 09, 2019, 01:27:38 pm »
No. Will you be happy if you see people going to jail because of a cigarette ? I don't think so. You know why ? Because it will be like drugs, dealed illegally.
The packet of cigarette already got a good slogon "Smoking kills" and internet full of that thing even talking to people who see you smoking and they don't they try to convince you to stop. So it'll be up to you if you smoke or not. There's some poeple if they stop smoking they can cause a lot of troubles they became a source of chaos. Keep it like they and I think everyone know what he's doing.

Offline Prince333

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: N/A
  • Ingame: Chri$.Jericho
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #54 on: 07 09, 2019, 08:41:11 am »
Banned no way  :cros:
MAybe they are harmful for people but what about people who are working for that.World economy is in crisis , trade wars etc...Why We simply not make them not harmful since I study medicine I can say that that is possible .

Offline Atheer

• New Community Member
  • Tere tere tere
    YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Lamar
  • Squad: TMS
« Reply #55 on: 07 09, 2019, 10:43:28 am »
Well, I don't think the governments will accept this because the people will be crushed inside. So if they did it = Huge Mess.

Also now the cigar like your best friend, no one can stop smoking and if he stop he'll be insane and crazy so its like disease or something like that if you didn't take his drug you won't continue your life.

That's my opinion.

Offline SugarVanilla

• Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: SugarVanilla
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #56 on: 07 09, 2019, 04:43:55 pm »
Banned no way  :cros:
MAybe they are harmful for people but what about people who are working for that.World economy is in crisis , trade wars etc...Why We simply not make them not harmful since I study medicine I can say that that is possible .

I'd agree with Yes and No at some point, so I'm neutral on both side. Since you studied medicine, then you must already know what's the causes for smoke to your lungs, yes? I'd certainly say No at the public places where people had a bad condition on their part because that could be worsen their health, if you know what is this since you are studying medicine. So I don't need to explain further as you already know about this one. Secondly, there should be a place where a people can smoke with a SIGN, as far as I know when I was in Korea at the Airport (Incheon) there are those places where you can able to smoke and you need to go in that room so the other people won't get distracted by a smell of cigarettes. So it is possible for both sides.
Your biggest struggle can be your greatest success.
Added as Associate State Offcial
- August 27, 2019