Author Topic: Do exam's eveluate the succes of a student?  (Read 266 times)

Offline Mordecai

• Pirus Leader
  • New Community Member
  • Hardwired to self destruct
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
Do exam's eveluate the succes of a student?
« on: 01 08, 2019, 02:01:32 am »
I took the university exam this year, and I wonder what you guys think about this.
Do the exams eveluate the succes of a student? Exams are in  every path that goes to academical career,I will be a mechanical engineer near future and I want to be academician in the university.But the fact is  there will be exams in every path.
I have friends that very succesfull in exams,but I actually dont see any technical dexterity on them they are just studying non stop.
There is a difference between real life and study books, how are they going to invent new things without technical dexterity?It just doesnt seem to me fair and I wonder about you opinions?
Great things NEVER come from comfort zones

Offline Leonardo

• Junior Community Member
  • Spider-Man Lover.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Leonardo
  • Squad: CCC
Re: Do exam's eveluate the succes of a student?
« Reply #1 on: 01 08, 2019, 02:16:29 am »
Depends in a lot of things, the teachers, students, the university, the country, etc...
If a teacher teach on a way that the students only copy what's in the board, you're just memorizing stuff. Some teachers teach asking questions, like: ¿What will happend if we put a certain number in this matrix? ¿What will happend if we derivate a integral? ¿What's an integral? ¿What are the applications of an integral/derivation?
For me, a good teacher ask a lot to the students, so the students will have to deduce the correct answer. ¿What happend if a student have a question? The teacher will answer that question with others 2 or 3 questions. But as I said, some teachers only copy stuff in the board.
"With great power comes great responsibility"- Uncle Ben

Offline Mordecai

• Pirus Leader
  • New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: 01 08, 2019, 03:51:46 am »
Depends in a lot of things, the teachers, students, the university, the country, etc...
If a teacher teach on a way that the students only copy what's in the board, you're just memorizing stuff. Some teachers teach asking questions, like: ¿What will happend if we put a certain number in this matrix? ¿What will happend if we derivate a integral? ¿What's an integral? ¿What are the applications of an integral/derivation?
For me, a good teacher ask a lot to the students, so the students will have to deduce the correct answer. ¿What happend if a student have a question? The teacher will answer that question with others 2 or 3 questions. But as I said, some teachers only copy stuff in the board.
Actually im not asking about the exams that teachers do.There are university exams that every graduated students took the same exam( this is what happends in turkey) then they may enter  to university after ranking them over 3million students.I dont see anything to learn here, all you gotta do is memorize everything .

Offline Sultan

• Die with memories, not dreams.
    Years
  • Group: ChaosGuardians™
  • Ingame: Sultan
  • Squad: FalKek™️
« Reply #3 on: 01 08, 2019, 08:07:28 am »
Yes it does, because, whatever you study, it will be shown in the exams, this will show how much hard work you did, whatever we studied since kindergarden will be showed in our exams, which comes, until the last exam of our life.
'Here's the thing about wishes. The more you have, the more you want.' - Genie (Aladdin)

'If you don’t have anything, you have to act like you own everything.' - Aladdin (Aladdin)

Offline Mordecai

• Pirus Leader
  • New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 02 08, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »
Yes it does, because, whatever you study, it will be shown in the exams, this will show how much hard work you did, whatever we studied since kindergarden will be showed in our exams, which comes, until the last exam of our life.
This is not the way I am asking, what kind of study do you mean? I dont count behaviors as a study, they are all what is supposed to be , they are coming from the culture you live.Im asking about the exams that they do to eliminate students.

Offline Burner

• L1 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: [CIT]Burner
« Reply #5 on: 02 08, 2019, 04:22:34 pm »
They don't evaluate the abilies at all, imo. Reading books over and over won't help you, till you actually work with that stuff in real. You just read something over and over and then eventually forget everything. It doesn't prove anything at all, just your ability to read and memorize stuff, so it doesn't mean you have much skill at all with the stuff, unless it's just theory, for example about literature, etc.

Some people graduate, pass every class with only luck, nothing else, or they can just memorize lots of text. I've seen few cases like that, sadly. But well, like I said above, it's just memorizing text, it has to be done, no other way to get past that. It basically means for them that you got the "knowledge", but in reality you may know nothing at all. I don't find it entirely right to judge upon that, or decide whether someone can go to university, etc., but, it at least means you aren't lazy and will be able to handle at least the basic requirements of learning, well, in this case memorizing text.

There's many ways to look at this, though. Some students may have not all the required skills, but if they can at least remember text, they have the option to go to certain university. Just because they only remembered text, doesn't mean they can't be successfull in the future, or do other huge things. So at one point it's fair, at another isn't. But generally, world isn't fair, referring to your friends who know nothing at all apparently. It'd be hard I guess to properly evaluate someone's abilities, so this is the easiest way currently I guess. So, it is fair, but not fair at the same time, because people are different, but if the person doesn't have any problems, like disabilities with learning text, then I'd find it right to deny someone's application if he's too lazy to even learn some text for a university he signed up for.

Offline Dust

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
« Reply #6 on: 04 08, 2019, 07:26:16 am »
People should not be evaluated in a way that depends on exams. Exams in every part of our lives but isn't life an exam?I am against being a continuous but continuous exam. There is a fact,exams are way to go high positions but a person's success should not determine from an exam. And I want to give you a simple example. Mordecai,you live in Turkey(I am giving the example him because he knows what I mean). when you go to traffic you see people who can't drive properly but when you ask them about this they say I have got driving license. I was driving better than most people who has driving license when I don't have license. But,when it came time for exams I had not to exceed and had to enter again. So,I am trying to say that;If you do practice exams according to the person's interests anyone can be successful in the field of interests.

Offline Kazoki

• Science guy
    YearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Kazoki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #7 on: 04 08, 2019, 04:29:49 pm »
Indeed, it is impossible  to evaluate someone accurately.Schools are the place where you go to learn, they only examine what they taught to you there which is useless in reality from all sides. Most of great humen in our history were not good at school, it kills the creativity and restructs the freedom. A piece of paper can't control your destiny.what I want to say the success of the student is unknown result.also, there is a possibility to cheat in exams which makes it unfavorable way. Being  successful is not related to your school marks or your education, it depends on your effort and actions.nowdays, some modern educational methods give  more attention to the projects and the engagement of students because exams are unreliable way to evaluate the students.

Offline Shepherd#USAR

• Donator L3
  • USAR Founder
    YearsYears
  • Group: US_Army_Rangers
  • Ingame: Shepherd
« Reply #8 on: 07 08, 2019, 06:38:29 pm »
If you ask me, the school and the exams are of no importance to me, but I appreciate those who have done good things for science
If you want peace, prepare for war.

Offline Prince333

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: N/A
  • Ingame: Chri$.Jericho
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #9 on: 08 09, 2019, 05:06:08 pm »
Ofc not .
For example when I was in my highschool , no matter I was hard working , I didnt get a result that I deserved.Because ofc You are "Class"and even If everyone is working for themself still some things will depends of other classmates or teamates . I know that I will get criticed for this but everything I said is real

Online SugarVanilla

• Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: SugarVanilla
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #10 on: 10 09, 2019, 03:45:45 pm »
I have friends that very succesfull in exams,but I actually dont see any technical dexterity on them they are just studying non stop. There is a difference between real life and study books, how are they going to invent new things without technical dexterity?It just doesnt seem to me fair and I wonder about you opinions?
It depends actually on the circumstances, but it does benefits you though. Taking a tests from different courses or subjects helps your brain organize knowledge better. For example, you ought to learn Math and you struggled at first. We all do, but your dedication to finish or pass the subject(s) is something that you can do because you've tested yourself and learn of what you haven't learned. The more you study, the more you will learn, same thing as taking a quiz or test, the more likely you are to retain it in the long run. So basically, yeah it does have benefits on you. Testing a method is just how much you know. It can actually help you learn or us to learn. In addition to this, the results of a test even if we didn't try our best it can also enhance your learning in different ways.

Good luck on your University's Entrance Exam.   :thumb:
Your biggest struggle can be your greatest success.
Added as Associate State Offcial
- August 27, 2019