Author Topic: why is there anti-proxy script  (Read 161 times)

Offline MichaelWitt

• Panzerwaffe is the best
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: MichaelWitt
why is there anti-proxy script
« on: 05 08, 2019, 01:15:48 am »
I dont know if  I posted this in right section but its CIT related so meh.

I am a paranoid person so is developer of this script. I can totally understand a counter measure against IP hoppers that are previously banned or something.

But why ban  people just because he is using proxy for whatever reason.

Instead of this why just add some sort of a check in script that will ban the guy that was punished previously for ''Ban evasion'' (idk if its correct)

Yeah you may ask why I opened this topic, well because I am banned for using proxy  but I really dont want to appeal as it sounds waste of time for me.

I have joined to game I dont know in 2012 ? and those were the good times I must say and I enjoyed the server . I am saying this cause server is pretty much dead considering the times when there were 800+ people,

Also I will be enlighted if the developer of this script told me how could he implement such counter measure.

It will probably be locked but Thanks for the answers anyway

Offline Pilovali

• VPN Guy
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-P|Pilovali
  • Squad: CCC
Re: why is there anti-proxy script
« Reply #1 on: 05 08, 2019, 08:10:06 am »
I asked Arran about this when he implemented it. He said that there is no valid reason to hide your IP address.
Some people are very clever and use different serial and different accounts, so we can't ban those evaders. 99% of the time, they'll be using a VPN, thats the reason why this script was added.

T-Mobile NL Customer Expert | ServiceDesk Engineer | IT guy | YouTube to MP3, DNS server, VPN and more go to pilovali.nl | Introduction

Offline MichaelWitt

• Panzerwaffe is the best
  • Group: Armed Forces
  • Ingame: MichaelWitt
« Reply #2 on: 05 08, 2019, 04:43:07 pm »
Okay...Thats a ''fair'' implement to increase the player count I guess. I got the answer... Topic can be Locked

Offline Pilovali

• VPN Guy
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-P|Pilovali
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #3 on: 05 08, 2019, 04:51:30 pm »
I don't like it either, but yea...

T-Mobile NL Customer Expert | ServiceDesk Engineer | IT guy | YouTube to MP3, DNS server, VPN and more go to pilovali.nl | Introduction