Author Topic: Are we alone in the universe?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
Re: Are we alone in the universe?
« Reply #15 on: 07 08, 2019, 05:56:49 pm »
If we don't know the facts,we can't say for sure there have or have not.
Exactly, so why did you say there are aliens if you "can't say for sure"?

Online Nikos

• The Helper
  • Community Developer
  • Perfected noob
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Nikos
  • Squad: Ns
« Reply #16 on: 07 08, 2019, 06:47:38 pm »
Actually there is a probabilistic way to estimate the number of galaxy civilizations. It's called Drake's equation.
Read more about it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Generally the possibilities of being alone in universe are super low.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline Dust

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
« Reply #17 on: 07 08, 2019, 06:54:41 pm »
There can be,I didn't say there are aliens. I specified my opinion on them.

Offline Genius

• Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
  • Ingame: Genius
« Reply #18 on: 08 08, 2019, 01:14:21 am »
Actually there is a probabilistic way to estimate the number of galaxy civilizations. It's called Drake's equation.
Read more about it here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Generally the possibilities of being alone in universe are super low.
I watched a few videos about Drake's equation and it can be shown that there is a lot of chance there is any kind of life in the universe.
What you are saying everything is based on belief or not. Sure you want evidence but there might not be evidence in like 500 years or so so you can't count on that. Nobody ever said that there are aliens we are just saying that the universe is huge to not have any kind of life and I am not talking about aliens that can walk and talk in their language and have their society I am talking about microscopic creatures.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline Serpent

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Hobos
« Reply #19 on: 08 08, 2019, 11:02:21 am »
There's a high probability that we are not alone in the universe.  So many galaxies, so many stars, so many planets.

I'd be curious to understand the history of alien cultures and their psychology.

Just imagine.

Are they worse than us on the moral compass? Do they lean more toward psychopathy than the average human? How many years have passed since the first civilization began in the alien culture?  They probably have their versions of ancient Mesopotamia, ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and ancient Rome.  And what did their philosophers say about the meaning of life?

All of these are interesting questions, but I will likely die before the answers begin to emerge.
« Last Edit: 08 08, 2019, 11:14:11 am by Serpent »
Made some valuable memories here ;)

Offline isi3456789

• New Community Member
  • Chaotic Neutral Antitheist
  • Ingame: IsI
« Reply #20 on: 08 08, 2019, 03:03:48 pm »
See, "for you" - where is the evidence for me to believe it?
Nobody has that kinda of evidence.

What I can tell you is the following tho: The Universe is soooooo big and full of many
Show content
one hundred billion
galaxies containing many
Show content
three hundred billion
suns, each one containing at the bare minimum one planet where intelligent life could develop:
That means there are around
Show content
30 Sextillion, a 3 followed by 22 zero's
planets in the observable universe at the MINIMUM.

In November 2013, astronomers reported, based on Kepler space mission data, that there could be as many as 40 billion Earth-sized planets orbiting in the habitable zones of sun-like stars and red dwarf stars within the Milky Way Galaxy.

And you think that the humans are special?
The chance that there MIGHT be aliens is higher than to assume no there are no aliens.

wHy DiDnT tHeY vIsIt Us?
exactly the reason why we can't visit them/other stars.

You don't need evidence for everything. Use your brain and/or get some basic research.
« Last Edit: 08 08, 2019, 03:08:52 pm by isi3456789 »
Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.

Offline Genius

• Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #21 on: 08 08, 2019, 04:07:20 pm »
There's a high probability that we are not alone in the universe.  So many galaxies, so many stars, so many planets.

I'd be curious to understand the history of alien cultures and their psychology.

Just imagine.

Are they worse than us on the moral compass? Do they lean more toward psychopathy than the average human? How many years have passed since the first civilization began in the alien culture?  They probably have their versions of ancient Mesopotamia, ancient Egypt, ancient Greece and ancient Rome.  And what did their philosophers say about the meaning of life?

All of these are interesting questions, but I will likely die before the answers begin to emerge.
Those are some excellent examples of what it may be. I would like for one day to find out that we are not alone in this huge universe.

As for they are not visiting stuff it's not like in the movies they have light speed ships and stuff or maybe they do who knows, they could be watching our development trough all these years. We will never know.
A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life. - Charles Darwin

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: 08 08, 2019, 07:29:30 pm »
Nobody has that kinda of evidence.
So then why should I believe in your theories?

Offline Prince333

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: N/A
  • Ingame: Chri$.Jericho
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #23 on: 08 08, 2019, 09:55:15 pm »
Simple answer . IF earth exist , far away its around 90 % sure that another planets similar with earth exist . Maybe life Is diferend . But also I want to say that opening questions like this means that We lost our level of religiolity.There Is a reason why We cant discover and solve this question , there is someone that is not giving us ability to do It . We always have to know that someone Is above us and We are not strongest and We are not unlimited .

Offline isi3456789

• New Community Member
  • Chaotic Neutral Antitheist
  • Ingame: IsI
« Reply #24 on: 09 08, 2019, 03:06:36 am »
So then why should I believe in your theories?
IT'S NOT A THEORY. IT'S BASIC KNOWLEDGE.

The observable Universe contains approximately 300 sextillion (3×1023) stars and more than 100 billion (1011) galaxies.

if you don't believe in that eViDeNcE, which should be common knowledge for every human being on this planet, than you are just straight up ignorant.
Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #25 on: 09 08, 2019, 03:11:02 am »
There's a possibility, just because there's a possibility doesn't mean it's certain. You just want to believe its real, without any evidence.

Offline Genius

• Always Drunk
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #26 on: 09 08, 2019, 03:42:55 am »
There's a possibility, just because there's a possibility doesn't mean it's certain. You just want to believe its real, without any evidence.
Then you can't be so sure that they don't exist... If you deny one thing you gotta deny yours as well because it's not known if they exist or don't. So you can't be so sure.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #27 on: 09 08, 2019, 03:17:15 pm »
Then you can't be so sure that they don't exist... If you deny one thing you gotta deny yours as well because it's not known if they exist or don't. So you can't be so sure.
"Deny yours" - Deny what, I don't understand what you're saying?

You agreed that there is no evidence of aliens, just "a probability" so that means it's not certain to be true and especially since there is no evidence, there is no reason for me to believe it.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #28 on: 09 08, 2019, 03:26:46 pm »
I recently had an epiphany on this topic, regarding why aliens haven't just completely wiped us out yet, as one might wonder why they wouldn't eliminate such a dangerous species before they become a serious threat to more than just ourselves.

Obviously I'm not stating this as a fact because I can't possibly know for sure: It's because they've proven the existence of natural law and it's consequences of violating natural law which we call karma. They know that if they murdered not just 7 billion human beings but also all the other sentient beings that would be die in the process which we call animals, the karmic debt would result in almost endless suffering for their soul.

And why they haven't made proper contact yet? Well they'll see how we treat "animals" and they'll see how badly we even treat each other, why would an advanced civilisation that lives in harmony with natural law want to risk their lives trying to interact with a barbaric civilisation that would probably kill them without a reason.
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2019, 03:29:15 pm by Arran »

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #29 on: 09 08, 2019, 03:41:45 pm »
I recently had an epiphany on this topic, regarding why aliens haven't just completely wiped us out yet, as one might wonder why they wouldn't eliminate such a dangerous species before they become a serious threat to more than just ourselves.

Obviously I'm not stating this as a fact because I can't possibly know for sure: It's because they've proven the existence of natural law and it's consequences of violating natural law which we call karma. They know that if they murdered not just 7 billion human beings but also all the other sentient beings that would be die in the process which we call animals, the karmic debt would result in almost endless suffering for their soul.

Wild animals are far more dangerous than humans.

And why they haven't made proper contact yet? Well they'll see how we treat "animals" and they'll see how badly we even treat each other, why would an advanced civilisation that lives in harmony with natural law

You don't have a single evidence that they are advanced, and neither do you have any evidence that there are civilized. If they even exist, they might be having intergalactic space wars, they have enslaved other alien races, they might have enslaved other species. They might be torturing/raping/killing their own race. You do not have a single evidence regarding your claims so to act like they some sort of angels is misleading and quite frankly wrong since there is no evidence to prove the claim.

want to risk their lives trying to interact with a barbaric civilisation that would probably kill them without a reason.

Try to interact with animals such as tigers, wolfs, gorillas, you'll end up dying. But I don't see you talking about that.  :thonk:
« Last Edit: 09 08, 2019, 03:43:23 pm by OhhKarim »