Author Topic: Does reading make our brain lazy ?  (Read 244 times)

Offline Juliano

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vagos MC
  • Ingame: Juliano
  • Squad: LSV
Does reading make our brain lazy ?
« on: 19 08, 2019, 02:39:19 pm »
A few days ago, I was reading an article about Professor Einstein. And I read an interesting paragraph in that article. The paragraph was '' Reading after a certain age diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little, falls into lazy habits of thinking, just as the man who spends too much time in the theater is tempted to be content with living vicariously instead of living his own life.''
Show content

I am thinking about these sentences for a few days. I want to debate it.

I agree most of the text with Professor Einstein but if we readt with thinking, it won't cause any lazy habits. And we must read while use our brain. Regardless of age.

I also wonder your thoughts about that.

P.S.
Show content
Full text of the article
-Regards
aka Nyks

Offline SugarVanilla

• Junior Community Member
  • Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: SugarVanilla
  • Squad: Falken
Re: Does reading make our brain lazy ?
« Reply #1 on: 19 08, 2019, 03:25:56 pm »
Uhh.. not entirely sure as 100%. But reading involves understanding the meaning, and taking in words, and how we can interpret with others and also analysis things. I mean there's a lot of reading that could make our brain lazy (sometimes) it does happened to me. After you read a lot of books, you have to consciously remember of what you exactly read but sometimes you realized you had a mental block which you can't even remember what it was. Then sometimes you have to give up because you are lazy to remember or you're just lazy to do it. But I can say neutral because sometimes when you read stuffs, and you like it; of course you will get interested and make you want to read more. Unlike if you are lazy, having a mental block which make you not interested in reading books because you're being lazy. Well, potentially I can say both(?) I guess? ;D ;D
Your biggest struggle can be your greatest success.
Added as Associate State Offcial
- August 27, 2019

Offline Juliano

• New Community Member
  • Group: Vagos MC
  • Ingame: Juliano
  • Squad: LSV
« Reply #2 on: 19 08, 2019, 05:14:43 pm »
But reading involves understanding the meaning, and taking in words, and how we can interpret with others and also analysis things. I mean there's a lot of reading that could make our brain lazy (sometimes) it does happened to me. After you read a lot of books, you have to consciously remember of what you exactly read but sometimes you realized you had a mental block which you can't even remember what it was. Then sometimes you have to give up because you are lazy to remember or you're just lazy to do it. But I can say neutral because sometimes when you read stuffs, and you like it; of course you will get interested and make you want to read more. Unlike if you are lazy, having a mental block which make you not interested in reading books because you're being lazy.
That's exactly what Einstein meant. I guess but I believe we can read without being lazy at all. If we avoid from those Wattpad*(shitty vampire books)content etc, we easily can do it. In my opinion, we should read for get obtain information.
aka Nyks

Offline RaMoS

• Renegades Leader
  • Criminal Boss
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TR\Groves
  • Ingame: iRaMoS#20
  • Squad: Anti_Cops
« Reply #3 on: 19 08, 2019, 06:00:05 pm »
Reading is one of the fun things that people spend on boredom and routine. Among the readers, poetry books, philosophy books, biographies, reading has many benefits besides education and entertainment, including the benefits to the brain, which we will talk about in this article, Reading stimulates the brain to perform its functions, improves its communication and analytical abilities, especially in children and adolescents, and strengthens the functioning of the nerve connections in the brain, Reading also activates memory and increases concentration.

Don't stop until you are proud of yourself
I Never Lose,Either I Win or I Learn

Offline ReZn0v

• The Renegades Leader
  • The doctor💉
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: رزنوف / ReZn0v
  • Squad: SQUATTERS
« Reply #4 on: 19 08, 2019, 06:38:42 pm »
When we read we are not improving only the memory but we are increasing empathy and our emotional intelligence ,research has shown that reading makes us feel better and more positive too. Science has shown that it has some amazing health benefits, including helping with depression, cutting stress, and reducing the chances of developing Alzheimer's later in life, when you read your brain becomes better not lazy and the most important thing in reading is to actually learn something and you should do a conclusion for everything you read, or reading will be usless for you you're just wasting your time reading random words

الصحة تاج على رؤوس الأصحاء لا يراه إلا المرضى
“Good health is a crown worn by the healthy than only the ill can see.”
Criminal Boss & Criminal events master

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #5 on: 19 08, 2019, 07:38:29 pm »
If Einstein really did say that, he just made me :fp:

"and uses his own brain too little" - pretty sure if your brain activity is monitored while reading, it's higher than the average task.

"falls into lazy habits of thinking" - Seriously..? Lazy people... don't read... :fp:

If this comment was written by some randomer instead of Einstein we wouldn't be debating this, because it's be disregarded immediately as the nonsense that it is.

His society and his way of thinking must have been so different to what we are in now that the quote probably made sense back then but nowadays it's nonsense.
« Last Edit: 19 08, 2019, 07:40:24 pm by Arran »

Offline Steroids

YearsYears
  • Group: Outlaws_MC
« Reply #6 on: 20 08, 2019, 07:39:09 pm »
I don't think so.

Reading can be a hobby like some comic character, an activity to kill time when you don't know what to do, a few minutes of random sitting reading and reading in a library, a bookstore some day rain or a habit of people who love to read. However, whether accidentally or proactively, you will also get interesting experiences when reading. It's not natural to encourage people to read books or maybe spend their whole life writing books.
Be proud of me

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #7 on: 20 08, 2019, 08:49:52 pm »
No, it's the opposite. I'm too lazy to read books. Also just because Einstein said something, doesn't mean it's necessarily true. He was a smart man, not a god.

Offline HosttyBoy

• IG Name : HosttyBoy[FBI]
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: HosttyBoy
  • Squad: MP
« Reply #8 on: 23 08, 2019, 01:26:16 pm »
For students, it makes them lazy. for example you have an exam tomorrow if you just read the book you can't get a good mark you should read them at first and then memorize them. Only reading makes our brain a bit lazy but if we memorize the words after reading it'll make our brain stronger.

Offline Pavard

• Reckless.
  • Group: SWAT Team
  • Ingame: Pavard
« Reply #9 on: 03 09, 2019, 01:58:09 am »
Brain learns and memorizes. I think the teory is true. The brain gets tired as we learn and read for in the long time. We can see forgetfulness on people who love to read. Readers can speak easy and fastly because all words and sentences in memorized. So brain dont working on think about a matter, so you can only use what is in your memory. The brain will like to use what is in memory so won't work on thinks.

Offline Prince333

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: N/A
  • Ingame: Chri$.Jericho
  • Squad: N/A
« Reply #10 on: 03 09, 2019, 02:22:41 pm »
I will say that It really depends of the type of book (drama,romantic,old-traditional dramas like hamlet , comedy , criminalistic or whatever).For example I really dont read almost never . When I study I read only important things for me .I almost never red book in my life.But woman who was doing heists called "Pink Panter" she was doing heists in real life , actions etc... She wrote a boook .Trust me I will never be boring to read that book criminalistic one how she was organising actions avoiding police etc... So We all saw that It depends of type of book :D