Author Topic: Have kids increase their spending time on the phone?  (Read 232 times)

Offline Dust

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Banlieue13
Have kids increase their spending time on the phone?
« on: 05 09, 2019, 12:52:37 am »
Yes,they increased their spending time on the phone/tablet/PC/TV. I see that most of kids(under 10 y.o mostly) are using phone and their parents give them their own phones for make them quiet. Then kids get used to phone and when their parents didn't give them they cry. I do not find it healthy. I researched about this and found something.

Glued to screens on cellphones, tablets, laptops, and TVs, average American kids now use electronic media about 9 hours a day. Exposure to unhealthy TV, movies, music, and Internet content during childhood is linked to many detrimental health and behavioral consequences such as aggression, sexualization, anxiety, depression, obesity, drug use, and sleep disorders.

Smartphones allow kids to carry the Internet with them and make it possible to see and hear almost anything, anytime, and from anyone, including images, videos, TV shows, music, and movies. Smartphones also permit 24/7 communications with peers and strangers. And isn’t it frustrating when kids won’t engage in conversation or look up from their phones when you’re trying to talk to them?

And these are statistics datas.

● On average, children are 12.1 when they receive their first mobile device.
● 56 percent of children, age 8 to 12, have a cellphone.
● 60 percent of families who have provided a cellphone to their child did so between the ages of 10 and 11. 20 percent provided their 8 to 9 year olds with a cellphone.
● Among children 8 years of age and younger, 21 percent use smartphones.
● 69 percent of families with young children under 8 years old have a smartphone.
● 38 percent of children under 2 used a mobile device for media.
● Dads are more likely to give kids smartphones in elementary school while moms are more likely to give kids smartphones in middle school.

And, and,and

● 28% of kids first use a cell phone at age 4 or less

● 12% of children first use a phone between the ages of 1-2

● 14% of kids did not use a cell phone until they were a teenager (13-16%)

Offline Atheer

• New Community Member
  • Tere tere tere
    YearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: Lamar
  • Squad: TMS
Re: Have kids increase their spending time on the phone?
« Reply #1 on: 05 09, 2019, 01:38:48 am »

Glued to screens on cellphones, tablets, laptops, and TVs, average American kids now use electronic media about 9 hours a day. Exposure to unhealthy TV, movies, music, and Internet content during childhood is linked to many detrimental health and behavioral consequences such as aggression, sexualization, anxiety, depression, obesity, drug use, and sleep disorders.

It's an unhealthy thing but it's hard to keep them away from mobile devices and cell phones because now the mobile phone is an important thing in your mind and you can't remove it from there.

So maybe we should punish the kids for taking the mobile for a long time (9h +) or keeping this working.

It depends on the parents if they're smart enough to script their mind for using the mobile for  2 hours or 1

But for me, I agree with you about this because maybe the kid will be hacked or kidnapped because of this
Also, you've to know that he's a kid he doesn't know what he'll do, He could be raped because of it or something.

Online TheBoss07

• Don't mess with me i'm Your Boss
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SK
  • Ingame: TheBoss'07
  • Squad: #ES
« Reply #2 on: 05 09, 2019, 01:22:52 pm »
Kids nowadays have found their pleasure in the phones they don't need much effort to reach their happiness they just sit and enjoy what they are doing in phones. Nowadays games and apps are just an addiction, your time start running without noticing and you can't stop. So kids will have no longer time to go out and spend sometime out. Their time if it's not passed in school hours(which they don't want to do) it will be sleeping and the rest which is a lot of time is on their phones.

Offline RyanC

• The Daring
  • Ingame: RyanC
  • Squad: Nuclear_Squad
« Reply #3 on: 06 09, 2019, 09:47:20 pm »
Of course you're sadly right.
My niece is 2 years old and her mother constantly gives the cellphone to her because, in my opinion, she's a bad mother and doesn't wanna pay attention on her daughter. I hate that and whenever I can I take the cellphone from her hands. I believe my niece isn't the only kid of the world who pass the same thing at home. Our world is lost.

Offline Dust

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 06 09, 2019, 10:07:18 pm »
Of course you're sadly right.
My niece is 2 years old and her mother constantly gives the cellphone to her because, in my opinion, she's a bad mother and doesn't wanna pay attention on her daughter. I hate that and whenever I can I take the cellphone from her hands. I believe my niece isn't the only kid of the world who pass the same thing at home. Our world is lost.
kids are crying when you took phone from their hands and her parents give them phone back. It is a bad situation for all. Children should not accustom to the phone and it is hands of parents.
"Everything starts from the at first moment"

Offline SugarVanilla

• Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: SugarVanilla
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #5 on: 07 09, 2019, 04:52:07 pm »
As far I noticed, a lot of children's are into/spending their time using phones and usually they will get mad if you try to remove the phone(s) from their hand and try to hide it. The problem at this point that some of them will go wild or yelling for not having a phone on their hand, which really make me think that parent should not let their children borrowed a phone or lend it to them because once they get used to it, there's a time that you need to be aware that you shouldn't have done that, and they will start ignoring you especially if you are trying to tell them to go eat, but eventually they are still focusing on their phone. Yes, it does increased as it is becomes their habits using phones all week(s). Don't spoil your children using phone, at least try to spend your time with them and teach them some things that you that can help them understand the way things are.
Your biggest struggle can be your greatest success.
Added as Associate State Offcial
- August 27, 2019

Offline Malone

• The Artist & Global Army Leader
  • Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: Global Army
  • Ingame: Malone
  • Squad: ECF
« Reply #6 on: 08 09, 2019, 01:00:38 pm »
Well unfortunately, yes kids once born and reached 7-8 they want to know what this amazing stuff (Phone) they will start getting deeper and figure how to use it and spend they all time on it and sadly parents these days are ignore this step they don’t know it will effect their kids eyes/health after few years front.
If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself

Offline Redtay

• New Community Member
  • Actual Registration: 17/08/2012
  • Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Redtay*SWAT'AR
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
« Reply #7 on: 08 09, 2019, 06:20:02 pm »
 One of the biggest danger that you guys did not mentioned about is: We don't know using mobile phones for long time and in early ages is how much harmful. Because no human being used mobile phone more then 20 years in their life. What if a skeletal disease or a disease about vision disorder caused by using mobile phones for too much or using them in early ages starts to happen to large portion of humans in the future? Even we don't know how using mobile phones in early ages affect our brain because this technology is really new and not enough research done about it.

I recommend you all to make researching about how to use computers and mobile phones without harming your body. So we don't get body diseases in our 40s.

Offline Bhairy

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5th
« Reply #8 on: 09 09, 2019, 04:48:40 pm »
One of the biggest danger that you guys did not mentioned about is: We don't know using mobile phones for long time and in early ages is how much harmful. Because no human being used mobile phone more then 20 years in their life. What if a skeletal disease or a disease about vision disorder caused by using mobile phones for too much or using them in early ages starts to happen to large portion of humans in the future? Even we don't know how using mobile phones in early ages affect our brain because this technology is really new and not enough research done about it.

I recommend you all to make researching about how to use computers and mobile phones without harming your body. So we don't get body diseases in our 40s.
well yeah
Tho am not sure but I heard that anyone can get eye cancer if they spent lots of time on phone,TV or PC
if you actually want to be in safe side,you should spend a week in the forest,without any type of electricity.
That would actually help.

Offline Redtay

• New Community Member
  • Actual Registration: 17/08/2012
  • Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Redtay*SWAT'AR
  • Squad: Anti Riot Squad
« Reply #9 on: 09 09, 2019, 10:28:10 pm »
well yeah
Tho am not sure but I heard that anyone can get eye cancer if they spent lots of time on phone,TV or PC
if you actually want to be in safe side,you should spend a week in the forest,without any type of electricity.
That would actually help.

Other than getting cancer biggest risk is, not moving or not standing right while using technological devices. And even these devices are interrupting our sleeping cycle and that can cause huge issues in years to come.

By the way I heard the same about moving away from technology for a weak. Giving yourself a holiday and moving away from society camping for a week in the nature is really helpful for a lot of things but doing that in today's society is hard.

Offline Bhairy

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5th
« Reply #10 on: 15 09, 2019, 09:36:29 pm »
Other than getting cancer biggest risk is, not moving or not standing right while using technological devices. And even these devices are interrupting our sleeping cycle and that can cause huge issues in years to come.

By the way I heard the same about moving away from technology for a weak. Giving yourself a holiday and moving away from society camping for a week in the nature is really helpful for a lot of things but doing that in today's society is hard.
its hard because countrys aint supporting this idea
For example if each country made a special place,a home without electricity infront of the sea.. you wont need electricity,but some countrys aint giving much attention to this things.

Offline SnooP

• 5th Founder
  • The Fourth Pyramid
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 16 09, 2019, 04:46:00 am »
Children spend most of their time on their phones instead of interacting with each other socially. They text instead of call. The technology we now have is ruining our children's communication skills. We were often found outside after school riding our bikes, playing football and playing with actual toys if we were not outside lol. But todays generation is not like that they want things now, they want to do things now.

Offline Dust

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #12 on: 16 09, 2019, 05:36:50 am »
Children spend most of their time on their phones instead of interacting with each other socially. They text instead of call. The technology we now have is ruining our children's communication skills. We were often found outside after school riding our bikes, playing football and playing with actual toys if we were not outside lol. But todays generation is not like that they want things now, they want to do things now.
people are destroying livable. They are destroying forests,all the green fields ans this makes kids to don't spend time outside,they are right too. Should they spend time on the stone cities? No,lol but they shouldn't spend most of times on phones too. We can not stop technological development but we can minimize the use of it.