Author Topic: Can games help us in our life? if yes, how CIT helped you?  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Anuran

• CIT News Founder
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
Re: Can games help us in our life? if yes, how CIT helped you?
« Reply #15 on: 29 05, 2020, 04:29:44 am »
When I was early teen ager, I thought gaming had many advantages, but now I have grown up to believe that they are just time waster unless u r a professional and competing. They doesn't help in my long life. Some are saying that their English skill improves, let me tell u that u would have learn more from other sources.
I would rather learn something or give time in my hobbies than wasting time on a video game.
^ This same exact opinion would have been different if it was 5 years ago,or even the previous year.
You get to realise it only when u overcome your addiction and leave gaming, I was same when I was Addicted to CIT or other games. Ik, u guys will realise it too. That how better, u could have spend ur time rather than on a video game.
« Last Edit: 29 05, 2020, 04:32:53 am by Anuran »

Offline Luke

• New Community Member
  • Le Magnifique
  • Group: ArmedForces
  • Ingame: Luke
« Reply #16 on: 29 05, 2020, 09:59:50 am »
It depends upon the critical thinking of one person, how they wish to apply what they learn online in real life or how determined they are in learning, but also the games they play. There are reports that other games cause violence in other countries but maybe that's because they are autistic or mentally challenged?

Well... can't judge but seriously, playing games have helped me a lot. I have met a lot of people online, back then I didn't know how to install games nor even uninstall them. My PC was a piece of crap, and I didn't know the use of Google. But it was only until 2013 (when I was 12 years old) that I learned how to use google, install things that are necessary in my PC, but also remove viruses, and tons of crap. <-- this was thanks to the people I have met online, not only in MTA but on other games.

Not only that we learn English or how things work in our computers. We also develop mental skills as we spend countless hours playing video games. Read more --> Playing a fast-paced strategy video games can help the brain to become more agile and improve strategic thinking.

Steam | Social Club R* | Since 2011
"We're the authors of our own good fortune, at the same time, the architects of our own destruction."

Offline Thunder.

YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Thunder
« Reply #17 on: 29 05, 2020, 11:55:44 am »
@Anuran
Of course the international sources are better than playing games about learning english, but practicing the language with others will be stronger within the game more than these sources. There are many sites which may help you to contact with other people who are talking the language that you want to learn but you won't enter their life and know the small things and expressions about the language from these sites, so games have advantages to help you if you organize your time and your goals of playing these games.
Playing a fast-paced strategy video games can help the brain to become more agile and improve strategic thinking.
I agree you with because the games force you to think faster especially the fighting games (LV in CIT xD), and it make you put a plane for everything. For me applying for xCMs ranks and planing to choose the best and best application with best work before applying helped me a lot to put plan for many things in my life and the idea of working to achieve what you want is something great in my mind now.
« Last Edit: 29 05, 2020, 11:59:00 am by Thunder »
CIT Magazine Publisher since 08.12.2019
Ex. Arabic Helper (Resigned)
Aug 26th: @ThunDer Accepted for JCM. --Harb
Nov 27th: @ThunDer Accepted for RCM. -- DeadStunter
May 27th: @Thunder Accepted for SCM. -- MaZika
The best topic designer in CIT #1
Briefly, I am Thunder.

Offline Ou$$aMa

• New Community Member
  • live with dignty and die with honour.
    YearsYears
  • Group: chao$
  • Ingame: Ou$$aMa
  • Squad: MoRoCcAnS
« Reply #18 on: 29 05, 2020, 07:37:08 pm »
to be honest every thing have two faces bad one and good one . the thing that cit helped me in is improving my english and I got lot of friends I even meet some of them irl and most important think I enjoy it and I feel happy while playing it  but it did some damage too before two years I was so addicted to it even I stopped to go school for 15 days 2 years ago without my parents know and that was hard after I rethink on it now now my time kinda Organized I wont fall in same mistake again.
« Last Edit: 29 05, 2020, 07:39:26 pm by Ou$$aMa »

Online Nikos

• The Helper & Bikers Leader
  • Honorable
  • Perfected noob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Nikos
  • Squad: NoodleLovers
« Reply #19 on: 29 05, 2020, 08:15:07 pm »
CIT taught me English, taught me some smart ways to solve programming problems, taught me to treat everyone equally despite how much I dislike them and taught me to control my anger (the last one not very well but you get my point).
« Last Edit: 29 05, 2020, 09:06:53 pm by Nikos »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline Jonio

• 5th Honorable
  • Civil engineer student
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 5thStreetSaints
« Reply #20 on: 30 05, 2020, 08:32:09 am »
CIT improved my English and that had an outstanding effect when I was at high school, I learnt more about how outsiders think, learnt that hypocrisy is everywhere and how most of foreigners force you to accept their ''open-minded'' ideas while they can't accept other people for their beliefs and religions  (◔◡◔)

The one and only LV honorable gang.

CrazyB

« Reply #21 on: 30 05, 2020, 12:56:20 pm »
I wouldn't say most of the games help us in our life, but some of them do.

Those veteran CIT players will have something in common; the English learning. CIT, somehow, obligate us to have a constant communication among us when playing, that's something which helps us to use it and learn it. Back when I started playing, I had no idea on how to speak English, but time to time I've been learning english in here. As you can see, it's not as good as a native person, but it's good enough to have a decent conversation and communicate with people from around the world.

Plus, it also taught me the importance of the enjoyment while learning. If you learn while you're enjoying, the outcomes will be pretty good rather than learning because of the importance itself... that's something I always take into consideration either when I start learning something new or studying for any exam, and trust me it actually works. Although effort must be put as well.

Not sure whether saying unfortunately or fortunately, the point is that CIT was the only videogame that called my attention throughout my life so far (when it comes to PC games) and hence it was the only game I actually played. I have also tested some others, but I wasn't enjoying as much as other people do so I left them.

Obviously, everything has an end and I think mine has already arrived. I'm not actually enjoying as much as I used to enjoy before, that's why I'm currently not that active. Regardless of that, I think this server will always remain on my mind as it taught me something pretty important and useful which I'm currently using on a daily basis.

Offline Thunder.

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #22 on: 30 05, 2020, 01:18:45 pm »
taught me to control my anger (the last one not very well but you get my point).
I was trouble makers and I got many mutes and punishments when I joined CIT, but working for xCM and duties taught me how to control my anger to reach to what I want and how don't be anger because of anyone and how don't leave anyone for making me angry, it's a fact. @Nikos
Briefly, I am Thunder.

Offline Cerberus

• Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Cerberus
« Reply #23 on: 30 05, 2020, 04:14:05 pm »
I've said many times that CIT is much more than just a 'game', and I remain true to my statement. It's taught everyone a lot of things and personally I've learned that you can't trust anyone. No-one at all.
A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Offline Thunder.

YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #24 on: 31 05, 2020, 01:31:41 pm »
I've learned that you can't trust anyone. No-one at all.
I don't agree with you because I am sure that you trusted the wrong person, and this is the problem. We can not put a fact in your brain that we can not trust anyone because it'snot public fact. Of course you met some good people in CIT, so why you said "Not-one at all" ?
learnt that hypocrisy is everywhere and how most of foreigners force you to accept their ''open-minded'' ideas while they can't accept other people for their beliefs and religions  (◔◡◔)
This is exist in CIT, but there are many good people and who respect everyone and all opinions too.
CIT taught me that some computer games are not addicting because of the gameplay but because of the connection to players in the game
Maybe you can learn this fact from any other game, I need something special for CIT if you learned something special here.
Briefly, I am Thunder.

Offline Moni

• Evaders Revealer
  • Honorable
  • Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: Moni
« Reply #25 on: 01 06, 2020, 09:53:16 am »
- CIT, the forums have improved my English proficiency considering that I'm Egyptian Francophone and I was not that good at English because I was always concentrating about improving my French and Arabic.

- I developed some PS knowledge & Skills; I remember doing some of the designs of Police Chief, USNS, and Ministry of Law.

- As Police Chief, Minister of Law, I developed some sense of politics and how to balance between what the people want and what is seen to be correct, ability to shape ideas into suggestions, reviewing others work, casting voting process.

- As a staff, I developed a sense of how to maintain focus on multiple things at the same time. For example, I had to monitor all possible chat like Teams and Main, and pay high attention to the private staff chatbox, handle many SMSs and the same time without being able to use /re <text> but rather using /SMS <name> text while most of the names are like: "[email protected]" so gg writing this correct and fast. yet, I've not discussed anything about handle rule-breakers. So it was a lot of loads to handle to IG.

Also, being BAM has taught me a lot of things regarding IPs and IP matches, digging into logs of the suspect and finding clues. Matching dates, a lot of dates and information to decide if that person is hiding something or not. I remember that most of my bans are bans for ban evasions (Without referring to my title) I remember catching my first evader as L1 which is hard due to the limited access L1 have as basically you don't have such access unless you are L3 or it would be very hard and hell loads of requests to other higher staff.

Also logs! it was very fun dealing with them, every time I had ARM request it was like a challenge to me. Going back into logs for months and years for just couple of lines. And that joy when you find what you are looking for!!

CIT has learned me a lot of things, can't decline that it somehow contributed to shaping my personality, I started this game young and player here for 7 years. This is a lot, to be honest. I'm getting my bachelor of Engineering and Material science in less than that lol..

- PM me if you need my help in something!
'Weakness of attitude becomes a weakness of character.' - Albert Einstein

Online Randsom

• Junior Community Member
    Years
« Reply #26 on: 04 06, 2020, 09:49:50 pm »
Yes, games help us in our life and they have many benefits, and their benefits are: Improve mental skills and abilities, Improved ability to make decisions and Improve visual capabilities, And more than that, but now you want the benefits of CIT in our life so I will say what I benefit from CIT. I have learned, English language I have become a good English speaking not excellent but there is improvement every period, I learned how to choose between a loyal and a good friend and a friend who should be away from him, I also learned how to choose my path, either to be loved and famous for my kindness and my contributions towards the community or the person who annoys people and always complain about him, I learned how to be a businessman. Now I am making money easily and with minimal effort.

Online xenonso

• CAMORRA Leader
  • Junior Community Member
  • 1 shot 1 kill
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: |C|xenonso#KO
  • Squad: KnockedOut
« Reply #27 on: 22 06, 2020, 08:54:07 pm »
Ofc games can help us in life but can also be dangerous for our life. CIT improved my english, when I wanted to join good groups, I had to make good applications.  I made a lot of friends here and I still keep contact with them. CIT taught me how to manage group, how to control my nervous, taught me to treat people well even if I dont like them.
Polish Translator
GLM

CAMORRA
NorthSideMafia
HoBoS
The_Soldiers
Full_Of_Pain

Offline TroubleShot

• Regular Community Member
  • Life is Good
    YearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: TroubleShot
« Reply #28 on: 24 06, 2020, 12:11:05 pm »
First off, CIT taught me how to speak english, back then I used to spam only ;D ;D ;D, and CIT has taught me some things about certain irl jobs that is in CIT too, and also some games helped me develop, my strength, and some games like CoD taught me how to fight and never give up ;)
~Honour to the End~
-TroubleShot's Introduction
-TroubleShot added as Filipino helper. (04.08.2020 GMs + Rellic)
-August 12th @TroubleShot Accepted for JCM. -- MaZika
-TroubleShot added as Trial Criminal Boss. Access is suspended until the 5th of November. (02.11.2020 CB Team)

Offline SlayedTek

• Donator L3
  • Nothing to see here.
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: #SlayedTek
  • Squad: NeXuS_Squad
« Reply #29 on: 26 06, 2020, 06:06:43 am »
Honestly I think yes. Basically I learned 70 % from my English from games, and I made a lot of friends and learnt that you can find good people anywhere anytime. Also I think gaming is a lifesaver in this quarantine .