Author Topic: Smokers Vs Vapers  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Mec0

• Scary Founder
    Years
  • Group: SK / TR
  • Ingame: |TR|Deceiver
  • Squad: Prodigy
Re: Smokers Vs Vapers
« Reply #15 on: 24 11, 2020, 09:25:23 am »
I don't know why would you even debate between both harmful stuff, things are obvious that both are harmful, doesn't really matter if x is better than y because it's still harmful and dangerous.

There are lots of ways to relief your stress without causing any kind of damage.

If something all in all does more bad than good to your body, then stay away from it.

The only exception I'd see here is you trying to quit smoking cigarettes by vape, but that doesn't change the fact. You got to quit both.
I possess no passions that deserve priority over admiring a beautiful flower that blooms before me.

Offline Aerith

• Regular Community Member
    Years
  • Group: SWAT Team
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it. ~Henry Ford
If you can't stop thinking about it, don't stop working on it ~Michael Jordan
Jun 18th: @Aerith Accepted for JCM. -- T0keN
Aerith added as Arabic helper. (20.07.2020 GMs + Rellic)*
September 3th: @Aerith Accepted for RCM. -- Ptole + MaZika

Offline BlackMoris

• New Community Member
  • Mad King
    Years
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: BlackMoris
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #17 on: 06 12, 2020, 03:36:55 am »
what do you think much cheaper quality and better for our health?

I've been smoking since 9 years. I tried to quit it MANY times and I couldn't. I couldn't because as you said "for me smoking can really relieve your stress, problems so more so on and you can be addicted to it." but I'm glad to hear that you are already quit it. I wish I could quit aswell, but problems keep coming up and I'm keep smoking which is not healty at all. Anyway, I've tried both of them and they both are not healthy at all. Because, they both got nicotine inside of it and that's the mother fact that killing you slowly. Even tho vape is worse. Because, vapes has nicotine like cigarattes but the liquid inside of the vape which is makes it worse part. Liques flavoured with fruit and fruits has sugar in it. If you smoke nicotine after you used sugar, it's stick on your throat and also your lungs. and this is increases the get chance of cancer. Not just that, even if it doesn't have fruit in it well it's "liquid" it's causing to stack nicotine inside of your mouth or your throat anyway. Overall, I can't point of them and say that one of them is better since they both are not healthy at all. But, if I had to choose one I wouldn't recommand you vape, reasons are already stated above.
Only a man who's been burned knows what hell is truly like

Offline TroubleShot

• Life is Good
    YearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: TroubleShot
« Reply #18 on: 06 12, 2020, 02:42:17 pm »
Both can affect your health but the difference between vape and cigarettes are:

-Vape smoke are harmless, unlike Cigarettes, some people cough when snorting a lil' bit in public places.

-Both of em got nicotine which is not good for your health.

-Cigarettes can give you a hard time breathing usually when you're tired and situations that can make you tired more quick.
Example: when you aren't smoking yet, you were able to run for 10 minutes without breaks, but then after some time of smoking you only get to run for 5 - 4 minutes (i think u know what my point is.)

Even if vape doesnt give you the side effects that cigarettes has, it doesnt mean that its good for your health compared to cigarettes. It can still do something different to you.
Ex. CB

Sons die, Redwood Bleeds

Offline Precious.

• Welcome to my domain.
  • Group: CODE-SAS
  • Ingame: Precious
  • Squad: NeXuS
« Reply #19 on: 20 01, 2021, 03:04:49 pm »
Trying to smoke or vape can affect your health choosing vaping over smoking or vice versa can still affect your health. I'm sick to Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD) and I know all the symptoms of it.

Smoking may cause heartburn; heartburn is a burning feeling in the chest caused by stomach acid going up towards the throat (acid reflux) and if it happens more often then you are sick to GORD (Search it up if you do feel heartburn) or seek a doctor.

Smoking can relieve stress but it still causes more bad than good. and since I was young I have had chest sensitivity when I tried to smoke I kept coughing a lot so fortunately, I'm not smoking at all. you can try quitting smoking or vaping as they all affect you when you get older so seek a doctor for this and I understand it might not be easy but worth the try.
Ex. State Official
"Just relax. Stop torturing yourself. You have a gift'." - Max Caulfield.

Offline Suix86

• Berzerk
  • State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Project Gravity
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #20 on: 16 02, 2021, 12:55:02 am »
According to research and my personal experience, both options are harmful to health. Smoking affects by dispersing toxic substances such as nicotine and tar in the lungs. Accordingly, this leads to decreased lung function and blockage of blood cells and capillaries. Smoking has been shown to lead to a number of diseases, including cancer and even internal gangrene. Absolutely the same applies to vapes, they also disperse toxic substances based on a synthetic base. Unlike cigarettes and tobacco, the substance used in vapes is produced in the laboratory. Most liquids contain vegetable glycerin and a chemical ingredient that gives taste and smell to vegetable glycerin. The high concentration of vegetable glycerin in the lungs affects both tar and nicotine in smoking.

I've been vaping already for 1 year and half ( stopped for 6 months and Im not usin' Vape anylonger), I felt chest pain and discomfort. Since I stopped vaping I feel way better and healthy.
Tobacco smoking and vaping is kinda equal to each other, both are harmful and might lead to number of diseases as I've mentioned above.
Always value your time, and set a good price to it. Dont let them waste it for free
Abyss' hydra stunt. BRUH moment.

Empathy is the virtue of being able to identify with others, to put yourself in their place, and to know what it feels.

Offline Prof.Gang

• ChaosGuardians Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • P G
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
« Reply #21 on: 16 02, 2021, 11:19:32 pm »
Basically, those people who consider vape as a healthier alternative to traditional cigarettes instead of tobacco cigarettes is actually bullshit, the vape is a liquid, which is usually mixed with flavors and nicotine, and it’s revealed that it had dangerous effects on blood vessels, increasing the risk of stroke. Not to mention that it drags teenagers to start smoking in early years, which doesn’t make any better comparing it with the risk of cigarettes.

Offline Suix86

• Berzerk
  • State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Project Gravity
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #22 on: 16 02, 2021, 11:27:38 pm »
Basically, those people who consider vape as a healthier alternative to traditional cigarettes instead of tobacco cigarettes is actually bullshit, the vape is a liquid, which is usually mixed with flavors and nicotine, and it’s revealed that it had dangerous effects on blood vessels, increasing the risk of stroke. Not to mention that it drags teenagers to start smoking in early years, which doesn’t make any better comparing it with the risk of cigarettes.
Exactly,  also and young age teens may get lung cancer easier
Always value your time, and set a good price to it. Dont let them waste it for free
Abyss' hydra stunt. BRUH moment.

Empathy is the virtue of being able to identify with others, to put yourself in their place, and to know what it feels.

Offline Lucifer

• The Devil
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #23 on: 17 02, 2021, 01:51:25 am »
I won't go on to debate whether smoking/vaping is bad or not, but I will just throw this out.

Many people (including some that have already replied on this topic) claimed that nicotine is a 'toxic substance' 'harmful' etc. This claim is simply baseless. Nicotine by itself is not harmful nor is it toxic. Yes, it is addictive and nicotine withdrawal can cause psychological effects. But other than that it is not really doing any harm on its own.

If someone thinks that it is in fact dangerous, then kindly show me the proof, I would love to know more.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #24 on: 20 02, 2021, 06:26:19 pm »
I won't go on to debate whether smoking/vaping is bad or not, but I will just throw this out.

Many people (including some that have already replied on this topic) claimed that nicotine is a 'toxic substance' 'harmful' etc. This claim is simply baseless. Nicotine by itself is not harmful nor is it toxic. Yes, it is addictive and nicotine withdrawal can cause psychological effects. But other than that it is not really doing any harm on its own.

If someone thinks that it is in fact dangerous, then kindly show me the proof, I would love to know more.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4363846/

CONCLUSION
Nicotine is the fundamental cause of addiction among tobacco users. Nicotine adversely affects many organs as shown in human and animal studies. Its biological effects are widespread and extend to all systems of the body including cardiovascular, respiratory, renal and reproductive systems. Nicotine has also been found to be carcinogenic in several studies. It promotes tumorigenesis by affecting cell proliferation, angiogenesis and apoptotic pathways. It causes resistance to the chemotherapeutic agents. Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is an effective adjunct in management of withdrawal symptoms and improves the success of cessation programs. Any substantive beneficial effect of nicotine on human body is yet to be proven. Nicotine should be used only under supervision of trained cessation personnel therefore its sale needs to be strictly regulated. Needless to say, that research for safer alternative to nicotine must be taken on priority.

carcinogenic;
having the potential to cause cancer.

tumorigenesis;
the production or formation of a tumour or tumours.

Offline Justice

• GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: XCODE
  • Ingame: GG
« Reply #25 on: 05 03, 2021, 12:15:02 am »
In the past, smoking was advertised as a healthy and has curing abilities to cough, cold, and headache. It is advertised like that since it is the easiest way to sell nicotine and make money. Doctors everywhere recommends smoking a cigarette when you have some minor sickness. It was until then 50 years later people started to believe that cigarette could kill and that because by then there was enough dead bodies for researchers to know that they died with the same reason "Smoking cigarette". Vaping is nearly 20 years old and I think there is not yet enough dead bodies to provide any significant data. If you think that inhaling anything but good quality air is healthy for you, you  should hold that thought. Any smoke that you inhale sometime has side effects from your body. Vaping is the healthiest way to deliver nicotine to your body, yes but it doesn't mean it cannot harm you.

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Online remaked

• State Official
  • get high
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #26 on: 12 03, 2021, 12:41:14 am »
Honestly I'd take weed over both of them, a lot less harmful and not addictive(unless you make it). As long as get high weed AND still get your shit done, you are good to go and you have nothing to worry about. And I think most of you already know that marijuana is even used as a medicine, so yeah.
Request your customized discord bot: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=372624.0

Offline Sexy

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
« Reply #27 on: 12 03, 2021, 12:49:13 am »
Honestly I'd take weed over both of them, a lot less harmful and not addictive(unless you make it). As long as get high weed AND still get your shit done, you are good to go and you have nothing to worry about. And I think most of you already know that marijuana is even used as a medicine, so yeah.
Was that your excuse @Mixalis?

Ex
5StreetSaint
SAPD Leader
(2016-18) Head of Supporters