Author Topic: Classifying people into 2 or 4 categories like (Left, Right) is very dumb?  (Read 407 times)

Offline KC

• The Balancer
  • Honorable
  • Keep Calm and Play CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: |TSF|KC
People: Every person is unique, you can't judge a fish on how fast it climbs a tree.

Also people: All of them are Leftist/Rightist/Conservatives, they all suck.

In my opinion, generalizing people in 2-4 categories is very dumb. Instead, people should talk about specific points/views. Thoughts?
: )

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Yes. Well identifying as left or right is being very dumb because both are just different ways of enslaving humans, how about no enslavement?

Left and right only exist because it's a divide and conquer strategy to get people fighting against each other instead of noticing that they're both being played.

From what I've heard, many people have parental abandonment issues so they made the left for those with motherly abandonment issues (mummy is gonna look after us) and the right is for those with fatherly abandonment issues (daddy is gonna protect us) and you don't just get these abandonment issues from that parent disappearing out of your life but a child's mind can be traumatised easily like getting lost in a crowd for just a few seconds at a young enough age. And many of these traumas don't heal properly so people carry these traumas into adulthood and it subtly affects their decision making.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline domi

• New Community Member
  • Chilling somewhere in Europe
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
It makes sense to name and categorize the policies that restrict new employment.

It makes sense to name and categorize the policies that make self-employed people poorer for the sake of  "social justice".
« Last Edit: 10 02, 2021, 03:10:32 am by domi »
Peace

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
It's called a generalization for a reason, because those people on either side of the spectrum tend to generally have the same views regarding certain ideas hence why they are classified together. Now back to the word that I highlighted, "general" is not equal to "exact same" so this doesn't mean that people on either side cannot have views/opinions regarding stuff that are usually in contrast to their "side" of the political spectrum, but you can still be classified as leaning towards one or the other side depending on the majority your views. I don't see how it's an issue, you're trying to make an issue out of nothing.

Offline KC

• The Balancer
  • Honorable
  • Keep Calm and Play CIT
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: |TSF|KC
It's called a generalization for a reason, because those people on either side of the spectrum tend to generally have the same views regarding certain ideas hence why they are classified together. Now back to the word that I highlighted, "general" is not equal to "exact same" so this doesn't mean that people on either side cannot have views/opinions regarding stuff that are usually in contrast to their "side" of the political spectrum, but you can still be classified as leaning towards one or the other side depending on the majority your views. I don't see how it's an issue, you're trying to make an issue out of nothing.

I agree, and I understand generalization is needed to simplify things. But 2-4 categories is not the way to go.  Too less to classify 8 billion different people

Maybe, we can use at least 10 categories.  What do you think?
: )

Offline gokberk

• Group: US_Nave_SEALs
  • Ingame: Gokberk#USNS
  • Squad: DIMITs Family
Concepts like left and right dominate the world politics because European school of thought was and is dualistic since the Ancient Greece and the concept of democracy is exported from Europe to the rest of the world. Today this dualistic approach is outdated and not really sufficient. Bipartisan systems like the House of Commons or the US Congress started to create their own problems and I think it is because of this dualist system. This system also creates populism and fallacies since good vs bad, right vs wrong is constructed in the same mentality and fallacies like "if you are not one of us, you're one of them" are often used thanks to it.

I also believe that the lost faith in religion plays another role. The left tends to be materialist and right tends to be spiritualist. But todays' liberals are a new class that is economically right but spiritually left.

I believe the right way to go is representative democracies where there are as many parties as possible have seats in the parliament and coalitions based on the specific laws are formed. Interestingly, Italy has a similar system but it is stuck in a government crisis over 5 years.
« Last Edit: 24 03, 2021, 06:38:15 pm by gokberk »