Author Topic: Freedom of Speech or Hate speech?  (Read 107 times)

Offline Arex

• Junior Community Member
  • Life is strange
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Arex
Freedom of Speech or Hate speech?
« on: Yesterday at 08:11:20 am »
Well as per policy of most of  social media and community around us, hate speech is always discouraged. But, world is silent when some islamophobic content is uploaded, even if we report it, twitter/facebook say, their is nothing wrong with the post while it act as matchstick to flame up muslims around the globe.
Who likes being outlawed because of race, religion or cast? Right now, because of some blasphemous activities by the French government, many muslim countries criticized for it, Not only this, it has caused Civil war in Pakistan, But as the matter was about to cool down, Greet Wilders, posted a nasty tweet playing role as matchbox to flame up muslim world
But, if we post hate speech against any religion, state or cast, we get warning on the spot but while the things the world is doing, isn't hate speech, it can't be freedom of speech at all

The whole twitter of Greet Wilders is filled with haterd against Islam and yeah I reported, and guess what twitter said? My report is invalid wow. 

Offline Nikos

• The Helper & Bikers Leader
  • Honorable
  • Perfected noob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Nikos
  • Squad: NoodleLovers
Re: Freedom of Speech or Hate speech?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:29:53 am »
For me that's a very complex topic. I truly believe that you should be allowed to express literally anything you wish, even if it's extremely offensive and pointless. Opressing someone might lead to terrible actions.
Now is it fine to express anything you want? Well for me it shouldn't be against the law but it should be damaging if it's something offensive or disgusting. For example I kinda understand companies who just fire people when they find out their workers are racist or support some extreme ideology. The company may choose to not relate at all with such ideologies and by firing the workers who do is a good solution.
To sum up, I personally think most of the times it comes on how mature you actually are. I mean you should be mature enough not to get offended over people who go against what you truly believe and also to be mature enough to not go against everything you disagree and bring people into uncomfortable situations because it's not worth the time.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline Arex

• Life is strange
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:12:08 am »
For me that's a very complex topic. I truly believe that you should be allowed to express literally anything you wish, even if it's extremely offensive and pointless. Opressing someone might lead to terrible actions.
Now is it fine to express anything you want? Well for me it shouldn't be against the law but it should be damaging if it's something offensive or disgusting. For example I kinda understand companies who just fire people when they find out their workers are racist or support some extreme ideology. The company may choose to not relate at all with such ideologies and by firing the workers who do is a good solution.
To sum up, I personally think most of the times it comes on how mature you actually are. I mean you should be mature enough not to get offended over people who go against what you truly believe and also to be mature enough to not go against everything you disagree and bring people into uncomfortable situations because it's not worth the time.

If I give opinion about black people crimes, world will call it racism
We can express anything as we wish? Then why people get muted on public forums get muted for spreading hate speech
I do remember, there was a period of time when my Facebook timeline was full with indian content against Pakistan and they were abusing Pakistan.

If indian types "Fuck Pakistan" , it's freedom of speech

If Pakistani types "Fuck india" , it's hate speech and I have got warning from facebook and got muted for a week too.

I posted a meme against india, and my Facebook account was muted for week for the reason of hate speech but even if you goto indian pages, you will see alot things against Pakistan.

Now let's come to topic, the matter of islam is the same. The Islamophobism has disturbed us a lot. If some muslims talk against anyone , it's hate speech and if someone talk nasty about islam, it's freedom of speech.
Go examine in facebook.

You will even get muted if you comment "Christians are stupid" , and I am telling because I have been muted for this reason in past.
Isn't it duel standard behavior? If world do, it's freedom of speech and if some muslims  say anything, it's hate speech

@Nikos now tell me , what hate speech is?

And as far Terrorism is concerned, we muslims have nothing to do with it. What is the definition of terrorism? The actual Terrorists group kill other muslims too, so they have nothing to do islam. And as far jihadist is concerned, well if someone come in your home, kill your father , siblings etc while you survived, will you take revenge or just forgive them? Also what will you do if some country invade your homeland?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:18:38 am by Arex »

Offline Nikos

• The Helper & Bikers Leader
  • Honorable
  • Perfected noob
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Nikos
  • Squad: NoodleLovers
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:48:27 am »
The problem lies on the fact that you think that it's justified to act like a duchebag when other people do. Hate isn't supposed to be returned. I clearly mentioned:
you should be mature enough not to get offended over people who go against what you truly believe
So stop offending people who offend you, stop hating people who offend you. Just fulfill yourself with whatever you think is good for you and ignore those duchebags.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Offline Arex

• Life is strange
    YearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:53:21 am »
The problem lies on the fact that you think that it's justified to act like a duchebag when other people do. Hate isn't supposed to be returned. I clearly mentioned: .
So stop offending people who offend you, stop hating people who offend you. Just fulfill yourself with whatever you think is good for you and ignore those duchebags.
Well yeah, I am against protestors who are just coming on roads and breaking everything but I guess we humans should promote moral ethics at first priority.
When I abuse other race or religion, of course what I did was wrong and being muted was fair, but the thing which hurt kinda worse is that, this rule doesn't apply on us. Causing duel standard.
Voilence can never be answer, but if you visit tweet of greet wilder ,you will see his role as matchstick box