Author Topic: Plant based meat what tastes/looks like same  (Read 834 times)

Offline Sp1Ke

• New Community Member
  • Your mother probaly likes me
    Years
  • Group: RevolutionX
Plant based meat what tastes/looks like same
« on: 02 04, 2021, 04:36:52 am »
So I have been watching a lot of videos related to this topic and to be honest, it looks too good to be true but somehow it actually is.

So basically they are making meat out of plants I know it sounds crazy but it's true.

for example, take a look at this video it explains how it's made and what are benefits it to the world.

My question here is to the meat lovers are you willing to change your diet and replace it with more natural and if not may you explain above
I like to eat and sleep

Offline Justice

• Senior Community Member
  • GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: XCODE
  • Ingame: GG
Re: Plant based meat what tastes/looks like same
« Reply #1 on: 02 04, 2021, 05:03:03 am »
In our country some people/shop creates a burger meat out of vegetables. Not gonna lie, I am not surprised that there are things that can replace meat. People can be talented at any ways, instead of eating unhealthy food, they would make something that can replace meat so that vegetarian people can experience different foods that requires meat.

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #2 on: 02 04, 2021, 08:51:11 pm »
My question here is to the meat lovers are you willing to change your diet and replace it with more natural and if not may you explain above

"More natural"? Your fake meat is not natural, real meat is natural. So the answer is no, I will not eat faux/artificial meat. And you are still taking stem cells from an animal, so it's still involving animals in the end, might as well do it the regular way so we can actually eat something natural.

(I don't eat pig meat, but the picture is for reference)

Offline Justice

• GG | xC
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: XCODE
  • Ingame: GG
« Reply #3 on: 05 04, 2021, 07:04:59 am »
"More natural"? Your fake meat is not natural, real meat is natural. So the answer is no, I will not eat faux/artificial meat. And you are still taking stem cells from an animal, so it's still involving animals in the end, might as well do it the regular way so we can actually eat something natural.

(I don't eat pig meat, but the picture is for reference)
Yep, karim is right in which other foods that has used chemicals to produce foods that looks like meat is not natural. It is better to make looking meat vegetables then it would be called Healthy not natural. The natural meat is the real meat. Not plants that have been made as a meat.

Wish we could turn back time to the gold DOPE days
01001001 01000001 01001101 01010100 01001000 01000101 01000010 01000101 01010011 01010100 00100001

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #4 on: 05 04, 2021, 10:07:38 am »

If you did a chemical analysis of meat you'll find traces of hundreds of chemicals that shouldn't be there. The same kind you'd find on most plants too but if you're eating meat it's worse as it gets concentrated. Plus animals are given more like they get given "medicine" like antibiotics on a regular basis even when they're not ill. If it was up to me, every chemical involved in something should have to be listed on the ingredients because only when people see how utterly disgusting everything is will they change. Like right now if you go buy a carrot vs an organic carrot both have no listed ingredients so they're just the same right? Well if the chemicals involved had to be listed and carrot had 20 toxic sounding chemicals vs possibly non on the organic people would really think twice. Of course this will never happen because "they" don't want you to know what's in your food. Currently the only way to find out is with a highly expensive scientific instrument like a mass spectrometer and a chemistry background to use the machine and interpret the results.

I don't think most people care enough to, but when guys watch "game changers" on netflix and see the scene about how meat is so clearly not meant to be part of the human diet that it causes such a reduction in circulation that it basically gives you temporary erectile dysfunction (plus lower circulation reduces athletic performance, eventually causes strokes and heart attacks, etc) but if you eat meat everyday it's not temporary so what you think is normal is actually erectile dysfunction.

There's a bit where they actually show blood samples and you can see the animal fat floating around in those that ate the meat but nothing from the plant fat from those that ate the avocado but it's not in this clip from the documentary: (it's floating around in the blood because the body isn't designed to use it so it stays in the blood until your liver / kidneys filter it out.)

« Last Edit: 05 04, 2021, 10:18:54 am by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #5 on: 07 04, 2021, 10:18:06 pm »
I usually eat Beyond meat burgers these days, which actually tastes exactly like high quality real meat while being 100 times more healthy and environmentally friendly

I dont recommend you to use the cheaper brands though beacuse they dont taste exactly as real meat yet, but that will change over the next few years while the market still grows

real meat will soon be a nieche product in developed countries
There's no god, no saviour, no paradise and no life beyond. Our existence is limited. Nothing will save us from death.  Use your time on earth wisely.
Be kind to others, share your wealth - donate to the poor, protect the environment, use your opportunity every day to make earth a better place.
Currently 795 million humans have insufficent access to food.
You can start helping today

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #6 on: 08 04, 2021, 12:21:32 am »
I usually eat Beyond meat burgers these days, which actually tastes exactly like high quality real meat while being 100 times more healthy and environmentally friendly

Can you explain how it's 100x better? I simply typed "is beyond burger healthy" on google, and the first paragraph says:

Beyond Burgers are vegan and plant-based, so that means they’re healthy too, right? Not exactly. While the Beyond Burger may have a good amount of protein (20 grams), it doesn’t exactly have vegetables (pea protein isolate def doesn’t count). So despite being a "veggie burger," it's not getting you any closer to your five to seven servings of vegetables a day, says Goodson.

real meat will soon be a nieche product in developed countries

Just like cigarettes were going to be a niche product and be replaced by vape and e-cigs? Didn't happen too.

Offline DeathWish

• Regular Community Member
  • All limitations are self-imposed.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Ineffables
  • Ingame: DeathWish
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #7 on: 08 04, 2021, 12:50:50 am »
Well, the question is is it really healthier to eat this made-up meat? This is the question that needs answering because if it really is it would be more of a hit I guess?

I consume meat a lot of pork chicken lamb sheep etc and it is a big part of my food diet because of its taste meat just tastes a lot better than whatever vegans eat so there are 2 steps here
1) Make fake meat taste the same as regular meat or better because people eat meat because of its taste
2) And, make fake meat healthier or as healthy as regular meat is (not calling meat healthy but you get the jest)

IMO if they get both right then it may replace meat in the future and I myself willing to switch to fake meat if that 2 stuff actually become a reality

Offline Dimit

• USNS Leader
  • USHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: U.S.Navy SEALs
  • Ingame: ADM-Dimit#USNS
« Reply #8 on: 08 04, 2021, 05:30:38 am »
Can you explain how it's 100x better? I simply typed "is beyond burger healthy" on google, and the first paragraph says:

Quote from: https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/a21566428/beyond-meat-burger-ingredients/#:~:text=Beyond%20Burgers%20are%20vegan%20and,def%20doesn't%20count).

Beyond Burgers are vegan and plant-based, so that means they’re healthy too, right? Not exactly. While the Beyond Burger may have a good amount of protein (20 grams), it doesn’t exactly have vegetables (pea protein isolate def doesn’t count). So despite being a "veggie burger," it's not getting you any closer to your five to seven servings of vegetables a day, says Goodson.

LOL and??? If you want to eat vegetables eat vegetables, off topic argument  :fp:

It doesnt contain any unhealthy stuff, and even cheaper, more industrial alternatives with cheap ingredients are still less unhealthy and less unecological than real meat

Just like cigarettes were going to be a niche product and be replaced by vape and e-cigs? Didn't happen too.
what a dumb and false comparison

Smoking is an addiction which mostly only ends when the addict dies

Meanwhile the percentage of vape users is exploding among people who havent even been smoking before (mostly low IQ children who find it cool when smoke comes out of their mouth)
There's no god, no saviour, no paradise and no life beyond. Our existence is limited. Nothing will save us from death.  Use your time on earth wisely.
Be kind to others, share your wealth - donate to the poor, protect the environment, use your opportunity every day to make earth a better place.
Currently 795 million humans have insufficent access to food.
You can start helping today

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 08 04, 2021, 11:22:40 am »
mostly low IQ children who find it cool when smoke comes out of their mouth

LOL that made me laugh for like 30 seconds. It's like, so straight to the core and true.

meat just tastes a lot better than whatever vegans eat

"whatever vegans eat"... Do you eat bread? Do you eat pasta? Do you eat potatoes? Do you eat any fruit or vegetables? Most things that you eat are "vegan" AKA anything that isn't from an enslaved being.

because of its taste meat just tastes a lot better

Well I guess all we can say to that is, you pay for the taste. Eating meat gives you an instant reward of happy drugs in your brain, at the cost of the long term damage to your body and the potentially permanent damage it does to our shared environment and then whatever repercussions they may be in the non physical realms (like having to reincarnate as one of these animals that gets tortured before being murdered).

Offline DeathWish

• Regular Community Member
  • All limitations are self-imposed.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Ineffables
  • Ingame: DeathWish
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #10 on: 08 04, 2021, 11:46:49 am »
"whatever vegans eat"... Do you eat bread? Do you eat pasta? Do you eat potatoes? Do you eat any fruit or vegetables? Most things that you eat are "vegan" AKA anything that isn't from an enslaved being.

I know what vegans eat basically anything that doesn't involve killing or as you said "enslaved" (correct me if I'm wrong here) it is just I didn't want to write this sentence

Well I guess all we can say to that is, you pay for the taste. Eating meat gives you an instant reward of happy drugs in your brain, at the cost of the long term damage to your body and the potentially permanent damage it does to our shared environment

I like how you play with words and twist them and still make 0 sense. What the fuck are you talking about not a single human being eats anything that tastes shit unless they are forced to so just because it is meat you are saying it is like drugs? In addition, meat has been in a human's diet since I don't know when and yet the human race has prevailed over this "disease" and damaging food yes it can be unhealthy if you don't know what are you doing and chug meat every 10 mins but if you eat like a normal human being with normal amounts you should be fine and live a happy life until 80-100 years old (of course you have to do other stuff like doing exercise but you get the jest). I have to agree that a lot of brands hurt their environment with shitty way of providing us meat and this I can get behind of.

and then whatever repercussions they may be in the non physical realms (like having to reincarnate as one of these animals that gets tortured before being murdered).

Show content

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #11 on: 08 04, 2021, 11:32:33 pm »
what a dumb and false comparison

Nope, let me explain it again to you. You said that fake meat will overtake real meat and that real meat will become a niche product, which I believe is false, considering that this has been said before about cigarettes before, that vape/e-cigs would make normal cigarettes become niche, which didn't happen and neither did your irrelevant statistics pictures prove me wrong.

There are only 41 million e-cigarette users worldwide according to the WHO (2018 statistics), compared to 1 billion+ cigarette users worldwide.

There were 41 million e-cigarette users worldwide (World Health Organization) as of 2018, and that number is expected to reach 55 million by 2021 (Euromonitor).

Cigarettes are smoked by over 1 billion people, which is nearly 20% of the world's population in 2014. About 800 million of these smokers are men. While smoking rates have leveled off or declined in developed nations, especially among men, in developing nations tobacco consumption continues to rise.

Similarly, fake meat won't make real meat niche. Fake meat might become more popular among vegans etc but not amongst regular people. Not to mention it seems kinda dumb why a vegan would want to eat something that replicates the exact product they are trying to avoid. Lastly, yes smoking is indeed stupid and indeed many children usually do it either to look cool or because they think it's the only way to relieve stress, personally I've never smoked and hopefully never will, never fell into "peer pressure" from my mates, which many of them smoke either cigarettes, vape, shisha or weed.

Back to the main topic, you didn't prove your claim that fake meat is more healthy. Could you elaborate?

Offline Arran

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 09 04, 2021, 09:59:42 am »
I like how you play with words and twist them and still make 0 sense. What the fuck are you talking about not a single human being eats anything that tastes shit unless they are forced to so just because it is meat you are saying it is like drugs? In addition, meat has been in a human's diet since I don't know when and yet the human race has prevailed over this "disease" and damaging food yes it can be unhealthy if you don't know what are you doing and chug meat every 10 mins but if you eat like a normal human being with normal amounts you should be fine and live a happy life until 80-100 years old (of course you have to do other stuff like doing exercise but you get the jest). I have to agree that a lot of brands hurt their environment with shitty way of providing us meat and this I can get behind of.

Eating anything that tastes good, more so if it contains certain things that food industry knows the body craves like fat, salt and sugar, will release the "happy drugs" in the brain. My point is that there are hundreds of things that release such drugs which aren't meat.

What humans used to eat thousands of years ago is an assumption, the only evidence that humans might have even possibly ate meat are some spear heads. Also any meat that was eaten before about 1950 (when toxic chemicals started being used by agriculture) was completely different to the stuff now. Those farm animals weren't caged up, pumped up with drugs like antibiotics, fed unnatural toxic feed, etc. Animals might look the same on the outside, just like how an organic carrot and a carrot look the same on the outside, at the microscopic level there are big problems. One of the most noticeable ways that can be seen is how the color of a chickens egg yolk changes based on it's diet like if it's a factory farm chicken fed just grain it's yellow but if it's a chicken that can go outside and eat insects it's orange.

Offline domi

• New Community Member
  • Chilling somewhere in Europe
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #13 on: 09 04, 2021, 12:49:29 pm »
I'd try plant based meat. Why not?

But this isn't going to stop people from doing what they like to do. Humans love to eat meat. It's just how it works.

Some stuff cannot be changed. As an example, let's take gossip. Gossip may be immoral and hurtful to everyone involved, yet we still indulge in it from time to time.  Nothing I can do as an individual is going to stop people from talking shit about others.

Similarly, I can't stop people from eating meat.  And while we are at it, I can't stop animals from eating other animals.

The truth is that we cannot fix everything in this world. I heavily abstain from eating more intelligent animals (e.g. red meat), but I understand others will not follow my lead.

We should focus on more practical solutions instead of calling for everyone to stop eating animals, which is simply not going to happen. Humans are going to eat meat no matter what, so let's try to lessen the suffering of animals by promoting free range products and by making sure animals are humanely done away with.
Peace

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #14 on: 09 04, 2021, 03:38:17 pm »
We should focus on more practical solutions instead of calling for everyone to stop eating animals, which is simply not going to happen. Humans are going to eat meat no matter what, so let's try to lessen the suffering of animals by promoting free range products and by making sure animals are humanely done away with.

Common sense is hard for a lot of vegans. I can't take them serious when many of them who I've debated with are continuously being hypocrites. Some examples:

- Being vegan because they are against the killing of innocent beings, yet support abortion.
- Saying they don't eat animals because animals are intelligent, then supports abortion, which is the killing of the babies of the smartest species on earth.
- Other vegans saying that "you shouldn't eat them, because if it wasn't in the shop readily packaged, you wouldn't kill those animals for your food supply, at least only kill what you eat" yet then they shit on hunters for killing animals for food supply LOL

(I've even seen them say hunters should die or get eaten by bears etc, I thought they were against the killing of any living being hmm)

I know Arran is not one of them, he seems to be mostly against meat eating because of the way animals are treated and because he thinks we're not designed to eat animals, but this is from my experience.

What humans used to eat thousands of years ago is an assumption, the only evidence that humans might have even possibly ate meat are some spear heads.

Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt there, we cannot ignore the fact that the majority of humans are religious, and many religions allow the eating of animals, or even saying that animals are created for our food consumption. So how are you going to convince such people? Someone on this forum said before that the majority of people will turn vegan in the future, I believe that's complete bollocks.

Also any meat that was eaten before about 1950 (when toxic chemicals started being used by agriculture) was completely different to the stuff now. Those farm animals weren't caged up, pumped up with drugs like antibiotics, fed unnatural toxic feed, etc.

Assuming that all meat we eat is like that. I am eating meat that is butchered at a local butcher, sometimes they do it in the back of the shop if there is no meat readily packaged (which again, was butchered in their own shop). Also, fruit here from local shops are different than the ones from big supermarkets. For example, certain vegetables don't look as firm and shiny as the ones on the shelves in supermarkets.