Author Topic: [+++] Adding announcement and unique sound when a Group takes over LV and LS  (Read 3020 times)

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
  • Problems with Chinese language? Feel free to pm me
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: TwCafe
  • Squad: Work
12 positive votes. Marked as Low Priority.
TAIWAN No.1
08.12.2021 Added as Chinese Translator | 14.02.2022 Add as Discussion Moderator
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member
20.07.2023 Awarded as Honorable
Ex. MI6 Co-FounderEx. DRN_Backup Founder | Ex. DRN Honorable

Offline Mask

• The ReNeGaDeS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: The ReNeGaDeS
Let's see what the message is not bad at all, but the sound yes, and another question will this sound every time they take LV a day or just once? because if it would play every time you take lv when you take a turf and take it again then this will count as taking it again and the sound will play and it will be annoying, I'll be neutral for now.

Offline BuGsBunny

• AvidaCompany President
  • New Community Member
  • Not tonight, Josephine
    YearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: --
  • Squad: Undying
well good suggestion, it will be great if we know that some group takes over LV. cuz sometimes I usually see the F11 if the LV takes over by some group or maybe a war. (just to join them or watch them XD)  :tick:
You must do the thing that you think you can't do

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
  • Born, Live, Die and REPEAT.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: Uzaki
  • Squad: Cupcakes
Let's see what the message is not bad at all, but the sound yes, and another question will this sound every time they take LV a day or just once? because if it would play every time you take lv when you take a turf and take it again then this will count as taking it again and the sound will play and it will be annoying, I'll be neutral for now.

Good question, @Sasori
Well if you would back read I actually discussed the answer and my solution to this problem, I have listed several restrictions in order to avoid this circumstances and NOTIFICATION SPAM.

Anyways, just read this to understand my solution.
OPEN TO READ
Show content
IMPORT RESTRICTION THAT SHOULD BE ADDED:
- THIS TAKE OVER NOTIFICATION SYSTEM will only activate once a group takes over EVERY SINGLE TURF on LS and LV.
- Most importantly, the group has to take every turf at least 85% of the TURFING PROGRESS. That means, even tho a group has taken over every single turf, they still have to take the TURF PERCENTAGE to 85% or above so that the NOTIFICATION SYSTEM WILL ACTIVATE.
- Lastly, A 1hour cooldown will be the gap on each Activation to avoid spamming the player's screens. Realistically no one can retake whole LV or LS in just an hour, if there are it requires great amount of man power and effort. So adding A cooldown of at least 1 hour would be very good restriction.

Offline MiDo.-

• Oh no
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam ♥
Good question, @Sasori
Well if you would back read I actually discussed the answer and my solution to this problem, I have listed several restrictions in order to avoid this circumstances and NOTIFICATION SPAM.

Anyways, just read this to understand my solution.
OPEN TO READ
Show content
This does not need a cooldown, you said it yourself "no one can take LV and LS in one hour" so why even bother with a pointless cooldown ?

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
This does not need a cooldown, you said it yourself "no one can take LV and LS in one hour" so why even bother with a pointless cooldown ?

Aside from the situation you're talking about. There is also an instance where 2 or more groups battle in control of the last remaining turf, if the dominant group takes it back and loses it and then takes it back again, dont you think the notification will be spammed if we wont put cooldown?

Offline Traxxy

• New Community Member
  • Super saiyan
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: [FFH]TraxXxy
Good idea I like it but let's say there is a war or troll,2 squad fighting the first one will take the turf and the second one will take it back  that will be kind of spam there  :what:
🌕Never look in front of your feet, look far beyond the twilight 🌕

Offline Uzaki

• L2 Staff
Good idea I like it but let's say there is a war or troll,2 squad fighting the first one will take the turf and the second one will take it back  that will be kind of spam there  :what:

To prevent such thing that you mentioned, the "SPAM" part. I suggested to add the restriction of no less than 1 hour cool down. @Traxxy
I explained the solution for this just before you commented.

Aside from the situation you're talking about. There is also an instance where 2 or more groups battle in control of the last remaining turf, if the dominant group takes it back and loses it and then takes it back again, dont you think the notification will be spammed if we wont put cooldown?

Offline MiDo.-

• Oh no
  • Group: DeltaTeam ♥

That's why the cooldown has to be short enough that it only avoids a spam, so 5 or 10 minutes is enough and it'll look like it's giving news about whether the dominant group controls it or not.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
13 positive votes.

If this topic cannot be marked as Medium Priority next review, it'll be locked.
TAIWAN No.1
08.21.2023 Add as Assistant Head State Official | 10.05.2022 Add as Senior Community Member

Offline CJGIANNHS

• DoMinos_Family Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • League Of Duels Hoster
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|CJGIANNHS
  • Squad: DoMinos_Squad
Right now our notification when a group takeover LS is the superadverts, so I find ur idea very usefull and I like it tbh, going positive  :tick:
  • My Introduction
  • Proud DSG Founder!
  • Proud DoM L13 Father!
  • Proud Trojans Founder!

Offline MaThew~Zika

• Regular Community Member
  • Pacing e leading
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: reliQuias
  • Ingame: XaQy
  • Squad: 🤬🖕
None said it's harming and yea it's not but did you read it carefully? I'll quote you some and I hope you think about it well,
Show content

Yea, I still keep with my opinnion, don't worry, i'm only 9y old.

@Thug

Offline Pancake

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
  • Ingame: Pancake/WeGz
very useful idea since taking over nowadays is hard to do within in LV or LS and we are using superadverts instead and I believe it wont cause any disturbance since you added an option to turn it on or off in settings or using a command. Positive
#Nathan

Offline ComptonHustlaa

• New Community Member
  • 🎩 Family Before Friends 🚬
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: CAMORRA
  • Ingame: Hatchet
  • Squad: Socios
Positive From me.

Seems like a great idea and actually yes both LS and LV takeovers are effortful work and deserves a recognition like this. Also an option to enable/disable this from the /settings is a must one to add as well.
« Last Edit: 19 05, 2022, 02:58:31 pm by ComptonHustlaa »
Never let anyone know what you are thinking.

Offline TwCafe

• Honorable
16 positive votes. Marked as Medium Priority.
TAIWAN No.1